Navajos

It's best that you call ahead of time. You can do that via our main line listed on our website. Once you're in the Denver building you'd need to find our Ops Van outside and whoever is running that can point you to the right tail number. Pretty much all of our flights, inbound or outbound, connect to UPS flights going to SDF or ONT.

It's best that you call ahead of time. You can do that via our main line listed on our website. Once you're in the Denver building you'd need to find our Ops Van outside and whoever is running that can point you to the right tail number. Pretty much all of our flights, inbound or outbound, connect to UPS flights going to SDF or ONT.

Do any of your UPS feeder runs have copilots on them? And if so, do you still have room for a jumpseater?

Where do any of you guys work, if you don't mind asking? Most 135 airplanes ive seen are, well, just a bit beat up. Airnet's looked bad but always had a gps and ap. Definitely heard a few stories about pa31's being in bad shape. Some of your guys' airplanes sound nice :)

Where do any of you guys work, if you don't mind asking? Most 135 airplanes ive seen are, well, just a bit beat up. Airnet's looked bad but always had a gps and ap. Definitely heard a few stories about pa31's being in bad shape. Some of your guys' airplanes sound nice :)

"Nice" 135 freighters are for wusses.

Haha! Im just curious as to what companies have such airplanes? Cargo is a good way to beat up an airplane, so keeping it "nice" can be difficult..

If a cargo-Ho has an autopilot, it's the queen of the skies! Even just heading hold. Anything to keep you from falling into a ridiculous bank while you do paperwork.

That's the one thing I never liked about this airplane: No matter how well it was trimmed out, the slightest breeze would knock it off of heading and into a worsening bank. I don't recall my old Cessna 402 doing that.

If a cargo-Ho has an autopilot, it's the queen of the skies! Even just heading hold. Anything to keep you from falling into a ridiculous bank while you do paperwork.

That's the one thing I never liked about this airplane: No matter how well it was trimmed out, the slightest breeze would knock it off of heading and into a worsening bank. I don't recall my old Cessna 402 doing that.
you just had the wrong jo.

Attachments

• IMG_0575.resized.JPG
    IMG_0575.resized.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 164
Oak had a special cut-out that if the 'Jo didn't have one installed, it was cool; if the chieftain wiper was broken, it couldn't be dispatched in to rain.

you just had the wrong jo.

I flew many Hos and Cheiftains through the AMF system and they all that characteristic neutral stability. Though, by the time they retired the Hos, most of the remaining Chieftain fleet had some semblance of autopilot. Still, I'd prefer the Cessna 400 series airplanes over these birds.

Key Lime. All of our airplanes are very flyable and there isn't a one I'd refuse I principal. Some have much better panels that others (2 with a 430 and an A/P), some are really basic but at least have some kind of VFR GPS that would let you go direct somewhere on your flight plan pretty easily.

Honestly the most annoying ones are the 3 aircraft with the older flap systems with much lower flap and gear speeds.

AMF uses a ridiculously low Vlo for their Hos. 125kias if I recall correctly. Might have been 120. Anyway, between stage cooling and landing at airports with any semblance of terrain nearby, that could be a difficult airspeed to slow to. I always tried to start my stage cooling at 20NM out. Made life a bit easier, although I know some guys were less concerned about shock cooling than I was.

AMF uses a ridiculously low Vlo for their Hos. 125kias if I recall correctly. Might have been 120. Anyway, between stage cooling and landing at airports with any semblance of terrain nearby, that could be a difficult airspeed to slow to. I always tried to start my stage cooling at 20NM out. Made life a bit easier, although I know some guys were less concerned about shock cooling than I was.

Fly it like you stole it! Since we swapped planes frequently, odds are the motor you just shocked cooled would blow on the next guy!

Back