Navajos

The 'Jo is an amazing airplane unfortunately the majority of the fleet has not been used or maintained in the way the manufacturer intended...helped in no small part by some somewhat ridiculous FAA ADs and the manufacturers poor product support/absurd parts prices.

I don't know what I think so far about the VGs though with the BLR high gross kit. The extra weight is nice, your VGs picking up ice...not so nice

Chieftains are nice, Navajos, not so much.
Are you just talking about AMF ones? Because there are some really nice jo's out there. 4 seat exec style interior in the back, full glass with dual garmins, coupling auto pilot, etc etc.

yeah, -310 (9DS "Dog-Sled" 32Y "Snoopy"), horrible examples of airplanes.
-350, night and day difference.

edit: I agree they did pretty well though for not being built for high-time freight ops.

9132Y was the worlds biggest pile of garbage. That and 199DS. I spent more than 2 nights in EKA because of 32Y.

I took 9DS off at o'dark-thirty into the fog fresh out of MX. MX neutralized all the trims and I just about pooped myself thinking I lost an engine on rotation. Flew it sideways.

Inverted Douglas OK, time to pull the ace out of my sleeve. 6/3 on 261. Doors pops open on first leg departure. abort take off, secure and continue. Next leg, holding short, cleared for take off. Attempt to secure door (middle of summer) and door would not lock. Taxi back to run up area, spend 30 minutes attempting to secure door. Next run picks up work because of how long it was taking. Dispatch says to "figure out rental car and hotel arrangements on your own." 30 minutes later, get the door secure and go direct oakland.

Story 2: 03/27 flying 230. Using heater for comfort in the cold bitter mornings of oakland. few times of turning off, then on etc. While in the vincinity of UKI, start to develop hypoxia symptoms. CO-detector was a dark shade. Divert into UKI. Call dispatch, they tell me to go to the hospital. Spend a good part of the morning at in the ER while they had me hooked up to O2.

In closing, I don't want to hear from you kids about your out of trim settings after my horrendous 20.4 hours in that bird.

Close this thread mods...

hahaha, I had grand plans of squawking the CO detector for being too purple. "CO detector needs replacing, shows sings of Carbon Monoxide."

Edit: brought "Delta-Sh****", back with more inop gauges than operative one night. only Oil pressure and one MP Needle was working properly. Full House.

Back