Multi flight school???

This place looks GOOD. They want you to have all the written exams out of the way before arrival-how tough is this? And what is the housing situation there (expense/quality/availability)? Do I really get all that ME time? That's a tantalizing possibility.
shocked.gif

Housing in the Chandler area, or anywhere in Phoenix, is cheap and plenty are available. You can get a nice one bedroom apartment for $500 or some even less than that.

album

I recently visited Accelerated and took these pictures. It's definitely not Pan Am but it's also not a dirty unprofessional looking place. Their repair hangar is new and looks very organized. I was told that the upper offices in the hangar will eventually house their training rooms and computers. Currently, they are using it for maintenance on their fleet of twins. The planes are old but they looked well kept. Granted, I'm not an A&P mechanic.

I talked to a few students and they all responded very favorably about the program. Many of them came from other programs and were unhappy with the cost estimates that they were provided. They felt misled. While I was there, the activity was fairly busy. I saw 7 students/teachers in the hour I was there.

The airport is uncontrolled but the training area is very close. Many of the students I talked to that day were traveling cross-country to California and Nevada. They brought along portable GPS receivers to train with. I believe you get experience landing into busy airports through these trips.

Overall I was impressed with their program. It is, however, not for everyone. If your study habits are bad then this place is not for you. They expect that much of your reading take place at home. You need to be self motivated. They do not have organized classroom lecture sessions or a strict syllabus to follow.

I plan on attending there very soon. I am currently studying for my instrument written knowledge exam.

Proxybox

Hey... I just joined this thing, and wanted you to know that I am going to Accelerated flight now. I just got my instrument checkride and am going towards my commercial. The place is great. That other guy was right, the instructors are positive, and are thre to help. There is no "formal" ground school, but if you have a problem, they are right there to help you out. I am going to get my CFI and then teach for them down the road. The instructors are all getting really good time, and it is all twin!! Can't beat that. And the price is fantastic!!

Hey everyone I just picked up this string. I'm looking to attend flight school in the next few months and up until reading these posts was leaning towards Pan Am or FSI. Would MUCH rather come away with more multi time and about 20 G's less debt however.

Love2fly, how long did it take to get your ratings? If you had to pick one negative about accellerated, what would it be? Any additional insight would be great.
-Tbone

A question for Jetdream/fly4ever/love2fly trinity.
How much do the flight instructors get paid?
Only one of you need reply. I'm sure your responses would be identical.

I heard it was $5/hour. I'm not totally sure if that is correct, but I did hear that somewhere. I guess it keeps any lifetimer instructors from sticking around, and makes room for students completing the program. If anybody else can clarify, please do.

Hey love2fly-I talked to both Monica and Stew last week, and am trying to get out there around April. I have a couple of questions, since you're there:

1. What kind of living arrangements do you have? Monica mentioned she rents rooms for $500; I'm coming from the East so I'll need a place.

2. How much are you flying a day? She mentioned some people fly as much as 6 hrs/day, some around 4.

3. How long do you think you will be there? Stew estimated the time in WEEKS to Comm-Inst-Multi.

Thanks, ANY other info you have is appreciated.

Astin-the owners of the school confirmed to me that it is indeed $5 an hour, but you are getting multi time....this is why I am going there.

Proxybox-you mentioned that you met students that were in other programs, and were unhappy with the cost estimates-unhappy with the estimates given by their former schools, or this one?

proxybox,
thank you sooo much for the photos. Those helped a lot!! You are planning on going to accelerated? How are you going to finance it? Does anyone know if accelerated flight can receive financial assistance from career loans such as sallie mae, key lend etc... Thank you guys for your time
jeremy

Interesting info...Accelerated Flight Crew Training is apparently starting up a school in Thailand, of all places. I saw a post looking for a DE, posted by the owner of the AZ school.
crazy.gif

Originally posted by Jacobian:
A question for Jetdream/fly4ever/love2fly trinity.
How much do the flight instructors get paid?
Only one of you need reply. I'm sure your responses would be identical.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Finally someone who recognises all the bull thats being posted on this thread. Guys, what kind of flightschool would deliberately mislead potential students by making false posts. Jetdream/Monica even signed as Monica, one of the owners. I think it's appalling that these people would attempt to deceive people.

As far as the school is concerned I know 2 things about it they pay their CFIs $5 per hour which is pretty disgusting. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys..

Second ask them about an incident where one of their quality CFIs decided to get airborne with a nosewheel red which unsurprisingly collapsed on landing.

Ladies and gentlemen there are no shorcuts in this business. There is no substitue for quality training and depth of experience.

Interesting. How did you find out that Monica (owner) is posting as Jetdream? I checked their profile and there is no name listed. And I'd like some more info about how you know this school. I am seriously considering them, and I'm just being objective and want all possible information to make my decision.

Back