Multi flight school???

he'll [pictureboy] make a so-so private investigator someday since he won't be flying for an airline like yourself!
-flynTai
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But I will someday, flynTai, just like you. I'm just doing my homework buddy.

You guys are right. I am not the original poster of this text. I copied it directly from the message boards at flightinfo.com. I am not trying to turn anyone anyway from accelerated, but it seems like this website has everything good to say about the school while flightinfo.com has only negative comments. It is true I am a just an 18 year old instrument rated private pilot from New York. I was seriously considering Accelerated myself until I heard such negative things about the school. Instructing from the back seat is not safe at all either. I am going to the North American Institute of Aviation my training from advice by an AOPA employee and airline pilot. If you have a positive experience at Accelerated than I say that is great because of the all the multi time you are getting. Fly safe.

Astin,

I'm sure it makes you laugh,,,you obviously havn't instructed. It's always nice to hear someone state an opinion based on zero knowledge and experience. I don't know anything about this school and I don't really care, but if that's what they pay their insructors, thats pathetic.

Hey JohnyB,

1st of all, you're right, you don't know anything about me. 2nd of all, the instructors are getting all mulit-time, which I would say you should probably put some value on.
3rd, to assume I know nothing at all because I corrected somebody who said the instructors don't get paid anything is fairly bold of you.
4th, I agree, the pay is not that good, but if you busted your ass like I have for the last 8 years in the B-world, you wouldn't have to worry about what you can make as an instructor.
5th - Screw off, your tone is that of a very pathetic little man.

It is funny to see how much bashing goes on in these message boards. We are all pilots and all have one ultimate job in mind. To fly for a living earning a decent wage! Whatever it takes to get there. What I was recommended is that you avoid Accelerated for ALL of your ratings. Get your private, instrument, commercial, and CFI in a years time at a reputable flight school like Wrightway Aviation in Daytona Beach, FL. THEN go to accelerated to earn commercial multi, CFII, and MEI ratings. Stew, the owner of accelerated, said youd get 75 hours multi by getting the above mentioned ratings with him, all for around $4000! Then instruct for them for 8 months to a year and you should be in great shape. By getting your private, instrument, and commercial single through a slower paced program you will retain a lot more knowledge and hone more skill than you would at an ALL ATPs or accelerated and could still go to accelerated for about a months time to get the rest of your ratings at a quick pace. Instructing for them afterwards will be great if you can live off of their pay out West. I personally would not instruct for them because you instruct from the back seat. But it still is a good way to build multi. Cheers.

FlightJock,

I'm glad to see that you will admit that all of these negative inuendos are bashing.
I wrote a simple post about my experience, and all of the sudden I feel like I'm defending this school from all directions.
I'm not here to sell the program. I just know that before I went to Chandler for a few days, I really wanted some questions answered from an unbiased source. I'll be going back at the end of March, and I will post my experience again. If it has changed, I will let everyone know. I think it is a great program so far....JUST MY OPINION.
Nor am I here to have discussions w/ instructors who say I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm posting to let new students know what my experience was so that they can make up their own mind.
What I do know is that I could pay $50-$60K for an expensive school, and at the end of the period, I could make a whopping $15 an hour instructing for them.
No thanks, I'll save the $30-$40k I would spend there, which will more than make up for the $7 per hour less I am receiving as an instructor. Once again, this is JMHO.

Actually flightjock, there is very little bashing on this board, especially compared to other aviation boards. That's something you will realize when you've been around here a bit longer than two weeks. It's you who heated up this thread with your own post, bashing Accelerated. You've already admitted that post was plagiarized from flightinfo.com and that you really have no first hand knowledge of the school.

Now you come along with more facts and opinions based on no direct knowledge and with no sources for your information. Now, opinions are useful... when they've been tested against facts and shown to have merit. There have been very few negative opinions of Accelerated expressed on this board, and yours is useless at this point, for reasons stated above.

It sure would be nice if people with first hand knowledge would weigh in here and clear up some questions.

F'rinstance.

How much of the multi instructing is done from the back seat. Flightjock's blanket statement implying that it's all from the back seat, just doesn't sound plausible.

A couple other bones to pick with flightjock:

Just who would recommend that you get private, instrument and commercial tickets from a "reputable" school and then go to Accelerated (by inmplication a "disreputable" school) for CFII, MULTI, and MEI? Doesn't add up. Actually the term “reputable flight school” may be an oxymoron... but I wax cynical, now.

By getting your private, instrument, and commercial single through a slower paced program you will retain a lot more knowledge...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm dumbfounded at such a nonsensical statement. Besides I've never heard any that you can't go at your own pace at Accelerated or at any other pilot factory.

Now, by this time flightjock thinks I'm really bashing him/her. But I'm not, except maybe a little for expressing opinions that are not his own as if they are personal knowledge. The fact is that I could pick apart that last post word by word and show it to be the purest idiocy ever spewed on the internet. It's tempting because it would be fun, but that's not the purpose of this forum.

BTW, I read the thread on flightinfo.com from which the March 5 post came and it's interesting for all the rumor an inuendo that flies around over there. read it here.

Now come on. I know there are current and former students of Accelerated and possibly even the chief instructor, who monitor this board. Why don't you post a few honest facts that are useful to us as prospective students.

I must go out and play, now. Cheers everyone.
laugh.gif

Hey everyone!

Listen to Astin; he's got it all figured out! Obviously very professional in his comments and ASSUMPTIONS. That's great! I didn't realize it would be so easy to push your buttons,,,,, man you got really upset. That's comedy! I love it when guys like you get on this board and start runnin' your mouth, it's entertaining. Anyway, sorry about my last post. I didn't realize I would "strike a chord" so profoundly. Best of luck to ya, with your know it all attitude, you should be from zero to hero in no time! Hope this helps.

Jonnyb

No Johnny, I don't claim to know it all. If you read what I was laughing about on my previous post, it was not the instructor pay, it was the fact that he said the school was undercutting the instructor industry. Sorry to break it to you, but the instructor industry (pay) sucks.
What ticks me off is YOUR "know it all" attitude.
You came along and said I shouldn't give an opinion because I don't know anthing.
I've read your posts before, and they are all either "no, you can't do that", or come fly at SNA, we are w/out exception the best. Please Ed and Iain, come fly w/ me. Give me a break.

I am simply trying to post facts, and for you to come along w/ your remarks is really the last thing I want to read on this post.
Thankyou, and goodbye.

Astin,

Man, you need to relax. I could care less who comes to SNA, AND, I know both Ed and Iain, which is the reason why I posted to them. Get your facts straight and take 'er easy. Have a wonderful day.

Jonnyb

Reaperman AKA Mr. I think Im all that,
You think I pull these opinions out of the blue. No these are opinions with legitimate PROOF!!!! I talk to AOPA pilots, airline pilots, and flight instructors about fast paced programs. It is not a good idea to get quick training at all. Look at the success rate of students at ALL ATPs passing checkrides. A ton of these students emerge after their training with many pink slips. There are certain details that need to be focussed on in flight training that are not covered thoroughly at accelerated programs. That said there are still successful graduates from these programs who go onto regionals rather quickly due to the multi time they acquire. However, in order to gain the most out of your training you need to create a Base to work with which means getting AT LEAST your private and instrument ratings slowly. And as for reputable flight schools? These are based on opinions as well. Wrightway Aviation, Aviation Atlanta, Flightsafety, North American Institute of Aviation, are all reputable based on success rates. Thank you and have a nice day Mr. Know-it-all errr I mean Reaperman. :)

I've been researching flight schools for several weeks now, and have found these discussion groups really helpful. Unfortunately, you have to waste time sorting through responses that add absolutely nothing to the conversation, like those from jonnyb and flightjock.

If you guys are going to rip on Astin just because he posts his own experience, you have serious problems. There is something to be said for respecting people's opinions, but at 18 I guess we can't expect that. I don't want to generalize based on age though, because I've seen more mature responses from 14 year olds on this site.

The fact that seeing people all riled up on this site is "comedy" for these guys shows you the real motivation of these guys spouting off. All you can say to them is get a life, and dont' post anymore until you can show a grain of the professionalism you'll need someday as opposed to high school-level bashing.

As for me, I'm heading to AZ this week to check out Accelerated and some other schools. I'll be happy to post my experiences, hopefully I won't have to sort through too much garbage when I get back, although I'm sure I will.

Best of luck guys,
Tim

Is the guy who runs this place Grant S. Green (goes by STU) now IASCO (for JAL) based in HNL?

Chunk

While we're at it:

FlyinHI registered the day this debate broke out from Pheonix....hhmmmmm let's think about this.

Owner is Hawaii (HI...remember flyinHI) based IASCO pilot.
Accelerated is in Chandler...how far from Pheonix?
Has nothing but defensive comments about the school yet gives no background. Threatens anyone who posts negative things "won't reach the right seat of a jet if I have anything to do about it".

Overall, a class act.

FlightSafety, here I come.

Chunk&lt;--cares about the quality of his training.

Hi Chunk,

Everything about who runs Accelerated and what they're about is on their web site. Stew Holmes is a JAL 747 Pilot.

I don't know FlyinHI, but there are several former and current students (including myself) on this board who will probably answer questions, unless you're just trying to pick a fight. Sorry, to disappoint, but I'm not going to take your bait. You might want to check out the Accelerated thread as it has a lot more information than this one.

I gather from your other posts that you've already pretty much decided on FSI. Is the gubmint is paying? If so, it's a good choice. Best of luck.

Cheers.

Bait?

Asking for the truth is baiting? I gotta bite my tongue here....I'll just say this:

Be aware of the reputation/history of the people you are training with.

Chunk

Chunk,

Yeah, bait. Is it possible you're unaware?

Unfortunately, there's no private messaging on this board, so I'll stick to what is obvious to everyone.

You bring a generally belligerent attitude to the Jetcareer forums and it just seems to have gotten more strident as you approach your separation date. You ignored the friendly and encouraging tone of my post and the useful information and jumped on the word 'bait' with teeth bared. Is it possible you think everybody doesn't notice that?

Everything you know or think you know about Accelerated is second or third hand at best, and most likely second hand off the internet, which makes it approximately worthless. If you have some facts which I can verify, and from which one can form an opinion, I'd appreciate hearing about them. I came here with my eyes open and am always looking to extend my vision. I've found that's an excellent way of keeping bad things from happening to me.

Now, if you still want to fight, you'll have to find someone else to do it with.

Cheers,

Back