MQ-9 Reaper collision with SU-27

For those of us that had to Google the quote:

Thank you for making me feel old at 0730. Usually it takes until 9 or so.

No, sir! :)

I don't know how old he is, please don't let him be X. Everyone wants to be us at the moment.

Don’t read anything into that. It’s just the cool kids needing the AV nerd to run the projector. They’ll be back to giving us wedgies and stuffing us in lockers momentarily.

Don’t read anything into that. It’s just the cool kids needing the AV nerd to run the projector. They’ll be back to giving us wedgies and stuffing us in lockers momentarily.

Isn’t that the truth. Everyone wants their tablet fixed. LOL

So basically to avoid a more serious conflict by using a weapon to take the drone out, it rammed it? Remind me again why Ukraine still maintains air superiority.

Hilarious media speculation strikes again. Dumping fuel and hit it with the tail. I'm impressed. I would love to meet the guy that explained what he wanted to the animators.

Yeah but if that Su-27 pilat had been successful, just imagine. “Yep, I downed an aircraft USING MY FIRE”

If he doesn’t fall out a window or get drunk and freeze to death outside next winter, that guy will need two wives to have enough grandchildren to be able to keep telling that story as much as he wants. (He will keep rabbits, in Montana.)

Imagine the tally that could have been painted on the side of the jet.

Attachments

• B261A12C-1538-45EF-86A4-9335234A4C7E.png
    B261A12C-1538-45EF-86A4-9335234A4C7E.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 44
For some perspective, read up on the Cold War period. Now there's a time period when we were close to the brink for real.

Edit to add:

A few of the potential triggers during that period included the 1948–1949 Berlin Blockade, the 1956 Hungarian Revolution, the 1956 Suez Crisis, the 1961 Berlin Crisis, the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis...
Every war and every shoot out we "come close to the brink". The only difference since the 1940s is that now we have weapons -that if used- can and likely will destroy damned near everything everywhere. You know, weapons like YouTube and Tiktok... Something for the 'Murica firster crowd to think about, eh?

Early Tu-22 bombers ran their A/C on some sort of vodka, and it could be serviced by anyone on the ground. Turnarounds were fun times for their pilots.

Early Tu-22 bombers ran their A/C on some sort of vodka, and it could be serviced by anyone on the ground. Turnarounds were fun times for their pilots.

Early MiG-21’s used alcohol to cool the radar. Pilots often complained of their radars overheating faster than they were supposed to. Investigation revealed that the ground crews were drinking the alcohol and using water in the radar cooling system.

Ok JASSM-ER!

Fun fact: with Russia’s recently-announced “pause” of a treaty, I believe we are no longer subject to any restrictions that prohibit making either of these platforms nuclear-capable. The B-1 under the recent change to New START, and the JASSM under the IMF which Trump withdrew from in 2018 after Russia began testing a nuclear-propelled cruise missile.

View attachment 70470

This is a strange picture. I believe that pylon is specifically for their FLIR pod. As far as I knew, B-1 carried JASSM/JASSM-ER (or LRASM for that matter) on the internal bay rotaries....and many more than 1 in theory

Early MiG-21’s used alcohol to cool the radar. Pilots often complained of their radars overheating faster than they were supposed to. Investigation revealed that the ground crews were drinking the alcohol and using water in the radar cooling system.

The Patriot also uses an “alcohol.”

Unfortunately though it was a sort of rite of passage to drink it, and it’s hurt some people in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a strange picture. I believe that pylon is specifically for their FLIR pod. As far as I knew, B-1 carried JASSM/JASSM-ER (or LRASM for that matter) on the internal bay rotaries....and many more than 1 in theory

I mean, theoretically for the mission set of long range missile truck, what’s a FLIR when I can get one more candle to light.

I know the Air Force was also hang and flight testing Strike Eagles with ridiculous configurations of JASSM to act as a sortof rapid speed logistics train in the LSCO type fight.

I mean, theoretically for the mission set of long range missile truck, what’s a FLIR when I can get one more candle to light.

I know the Air Force was also hang and flight testing Strike Eagles with ridiculous configurations of JASSM to act as a sortof rapid speed logistics train in the LSCO type fight.

Fair enough. I seem to remember the load out being something around 24xJASSM, but I guess 25 has a nice ring to it :)

Back