MQ-9 Reaper collision with SU-27

It isn't a direct comparison (this actually being a military aircraft), but to be fair, they shot down a 747 loaded with passengers at one of the worst points of the Cold War, and nothing came of it....so
Not sure why they thought the KAL 747 was a spy aircraft? It's flight number, 007.

1678836037860.png

I’m 1984. 38 and will turn 39 this year.

Can I at least get an honorary membership to the Boomer club? :)
No. Absolutely not.

I was working in Egypt when Anwar Sadat was assassinated, three years before you were born. You don't have the experience required. Besides, simply behaving like some of the worst members of my generation does not qualify you to join the club, even though it drives others to mistakenly call you out as one.

It's truly a badge of honor, not given lightly.

:cool:

In the early '70's a Russian pilot defected flying the latest and greatest MIG. US analyst rushed to the aircraft to inspect it. First reports, it had rust on the wings.

Russia demanded the aircraft back and the US compiled. It was shipped back months later in several boxes.

That was a MiG-25. Fun fact, before the defection the only look we’d had at the MiG-25 was satellite photos and May Day flyovers. We assumed based on the huge wing area that it was a highly maneuverable air superiority fighter. To counter this, we designed the F-15. It wasn’t until the defection that we realized it was a highly specialized interceptor and the huge wing area was simply because of how heavy it was. Lots of the -25 is stainless steel because the Soviets couldn’t get titanium welding to work as needed.

That was a MiG-25. Fun fact, before the defection the only look we’d had at the MiG-25 was satellite photos and May Day flyovers. We assumed based on the huge wing area that it was a highly maneuverable air superiority fighter. To counter this, we designed the F-15. It wasn’t until the defection that we realized it was a highly specialized interceptor and the huge wing area was simply because of how heavy it was. Lots of the -25 is stainless steel because the Soviets couldn’t get titanium welding to work as needed.
Wasn’t the MIG-25 designed to shoot down an SR-71?

Last edited:
He gets less credit than he should for the funny, although the rest is certainly true. The Derg is a Benevolent Dictator, and he tempers his Iron Fist with a Velvet Glove. A clean death is a fair compromise, surely!?

Nailed it!!

My man, you're a millennial....So stop ruining everything, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and....checks notes.... buy avocado toast? No, that can't be right.

It can’t be right because it isn’t right. I bought a new version of a Boomer car from the 60s-90s, a Bronco.

FACT:

BOOMER and BRONCO

Both are 6 letter words that share 4 same letters!

Give me that honorary membership to the Boomer club, please! :)

I'm easily confused and once again I'm flummoxed. I've always been told that my parents generation were "Boomers", as in they were born during the "baby-boom" that directly followed the end of WW2. Then I was told that based on my birth year I was "Gen X", what's been described as the "forgotten generation". It doesn't seem logical that if I appreciated and adapted the ideals of either of my grandfathers I could try to somehow claim to be part of the "Greatest Generation". Can someone please tell me why people are accusing @Cherokee_Cruiser of being a "Boomer" when he's clearly at least two generations removed from them? At the very least he's "Gen Z", which I suppose he should be proud of, at least he's not a "Millennial". His childhood probably had the internet, cable TV and cell phones and he's probably more adept than I am at utilizing those things. I'm friends and have worked with plenty of productive people from all of the generations I mentioned. Please clarify the social hierarchy based on age.

I'm easily confused and once again I'm flummoxed. I've always been told that my parents generation were "Boomers", as in they were born during the "baby-boom" that directly followed the end of WW2. Then I was told that based on my birth year I was "Gen X", what's been described as the "forgotten generation". It doesn't seem logical that if I appreciated and adapted the ideals of either of my grandfathers I could try to somehow claim to be part of the "Greatest Generation". Can someone please tell me why people are accusing @Cherokee_Cruiser of being a "Boomer" when he's clearly at least two generations removed from them? At the very least he's "Gen Z", which I suppose he should be proud of, at least he's not a "Millennial". His childhood probably had the internet, cable TV and cell phones and he's probably more adept than I am at utilizing those things. I'm friends and have worked with plenty of productive people from all of the generations I mentioned. Please clarify the social hierarchy based on age.

I'm physically Gen Y by birth year but being in California, we are apparently allowed to disagree with science and just go with feelings and whatever we'd like to self-identity as. So, I identify as a boomer and it is thereby ordered that everyone else recognize that I identify as a boomer.

#Liberallogic
#CaliforniaLife
#Leftwinginsanity

I'm physically Gen Y by birth year but being in California, we are apparently allowed to disagree with science and just go with feelings and whatever we'd like to self-identity as. So, I identify as a boomer and it is thereby ordered that everyone else recognize that I identify as a boomer.

#Liberallogic
#CaliforniaLife
#Leftwinginsanity
MinorKeenAzurewingedmagpie-max-1mb.gif
ER!

Ok JASSM-ER!

Fun fact: with Russia’s recently-announced “pause” of a treaty, I believe we are no longer subject to any restrictions that prohibit making either of these platforms nuclear-capable. The B-1 under the recent change to New START, and the JASSM under the IMF which Trump withdrew from in 2018 after Russia began testing a nuclear-propelled cruise missile.

FCFEB556-BF30-4B4D-9B3F-FB9BAA90A690.jpeg

Back