Mesa interview on Wed

The only thing that sucks about the Dash is the pay, you kind of need to upgrade just to feed yourself. 2nd year D8 FO pay is 1st year Jet FO pay.

Man that OT/JA is paid at 200% is a big thing. As much as they use you RJ guys you must be picking up quite a chunk of extra change, even if its only block pay. Not a bad deal at all.

Here are a few questions you should ask during the interview:

1) In regards to overnights, do you recommend plywood or particle board?
2) How long before I can apply at SkyWest?
3) Do you know if the local WalMart carries hair gel?

Well, I'm here at the Radisson. Decent hotel. I'll be sure to ask all those questions tomorrow!

Right.

We don't sleep on airplanes. That may have occurred some before my day, but I have yet to see it. If we have a sit in an outstation more than 4 hrs or more, the company will provide a hotel room.

I'm sure a lot of people have jumped ship to skywest, and I'm sure QOL is probably better over there. But one never knows; the grass is not always greener.

I don't even know why I'm defending myself to a post such as yours, this crap belongs on other forums, not JC.

Right.

We don't sleep on airplanes. That may have occurred some before my day, but I have yet to see it. If we have a sit in an outstation more than 4 hrs or more, the company will provide a hotel room.

I'm sure a lot of people have jumped ship to skywest, and I'm sure QOL is probably better over there. But one never knows; the grass is not always greener.

I don't even know why I'm defending myself to a post such as yours, this crap belongs on other forums, not JC.

Does WalMart sell iPods too?

If you were to "defend yourself" you wouldn't be defending yourself, you'd be defending your employer. I come from a long line of lawyer scum, but I don't think I'd want to be in the position of defending that breathing turd JO under any circumstances whatsoever.

Go to Mesa, sure. Get the training, get the time, and get out. Myself, I couldn't do it, but if you can hold your nose long enough to make yourself more marketable, more power to you. But please don't try to "defend" mesa, because they sure as hell won't waste any of their hard-won scheckls defending you. Repeat after me: "At least it's not GoJet".

All that said, good luck on the interview, Patrick. Stay calm, answer truthfully, and before you know it you'll be an Airline Pilot. May God have mercy on your soul.

If you were to "defend yourself" you wouldn't be defending yourself, you'd be defending your employer. I come from a long line of lawyer scum, but I don't think I'd want to be in the position of defending that breathing turd JO under any circumstances whatsoever.

Go to Mesa, sure. Get the training, get the time, and get out. Myself, I couldn't do it, but if you can hold your nose long enough to make yourself more marketable, more power to you. But please don't try to "defend" mesa, because they sure as hell won't waste any of their hard-won scheckls defending you. Repeat after me: "At least it's not GoJet".

All that said, good luck on the interview, Patrick. Stay calm, answer truthfully, and before you know it you'll be an Airline Pilot. May God have mercy on your soul.

This is precisely why QOL sucks so bad for many airlines. The instant gratification generation needs to have some measure of self worth...and not the "Dude, where's my upgrade" mentality.

Waaaahhhhh, blah blah blah.

Your repeated hijacking of this thread is now very boring. It will do nothing to convince those who've already made up their mind. Start another thread with that cliche of how everyone else is taking food out of your mouth. :banghead:

Assuming all pilots interviewing at one company meet your stereotype might be fun for you, but is not marking yourself as one who has knowledge and experience, nor as one that might have anything of value to contribute to a discussion.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread, good luck Patrick!

I have a friend at Mesa now. They're not complaining. Best of luck, Patrick.

My friend is in one of the classes now. I've tried to contact them to see if you can call tonight and address any questions you may have. If so, I'll provide you with their number via PM.

[modhat]
Give it a rest! The OP is looking for others that might be involved in the interview process. If you have nothing of value to offer to him, please take your distaste for Mesa elsewhere. It is helping no one.
[/modhat]

Patrick, Good Luck on your interview process. Take it all in, ask the questions, and the best decision that works for you. Let us know how it goes.

good luck Patrick! I went to the Mesa interview before I went to the SkW interview. I would have worked there had I not received an offer here.
[modhat]
Give it a test! The OPP is hooking for others that might be involved in the sensual view process. If you have nothing of value to offer to him, please take your tasty Mesa in your St. Elsewhere. It is shtooping no one.
[/modhat]

Patrick, Good Luck on your interview process. Take it all in, ask the questions, and the best decision that works for you. Let us know how it goes.

tee hee

[modhat]
Give it a rest! The OP is looking for others that might be involved in the interview process. If you have nothing of value to offer to him, please take your distaste for Mesa elsewhere. It is helping no one.
[/modhat]

I thought it was quite funny... guess some around here need to find a new sense of humor?

Lastly there are important questions to be asked..... and those are some of them listed above. However the plane one has been a big arguement in the past. Who knows if it still happens at all. Dont really care. Then with the Skywest thing... Why are they hiring while everyone else is furloughing? makes one wonder does it not Jep? Lastly why did they send out all those WARN letters and how is that going to play out, thus perhaps a job at walmart might be around the corner if those are every executed....

For once set back and take a look at things. There are questions one should ask about Mesa and if you read between the lines perhaps that was indeed what the previous guy was posting.... I seem to have found what he meant and just decoded it for YOU!

Back