Mesa interview on Wed

11/9 for days off will NOT be an improvement when scheduling goes to 12 bids instead of 13. READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND THE LIES!

11/9 for days off will NOT be an improvement when scheduling goes to 12 bids instead of 13. READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND THE LIES!

Johnny O does not have a heart. He never has and never will. The MAG pilots need to shoot this contract down right away. I guarantee you that the TA is NOT the best you'll ever get. The company needs you to sign this POS because they need the investors to come back. Vote no! You WILLLLLL get better.

I voted yes in 2003. I listened when my Reps said "It's the best we're going to get." Friggin lies! If we'd held out, we would have done much better. Too bad OUR MEC never told us that we were about to win the single carrier lawsuit which would have completely removed the "Freedom Threat."

Vote NO on the TA, and vote NO on a job at Mesa.

Well, apparently today's press release explains why I go the "thanks, but no thanks" email today.

I did not know they were going to 12 bid periods. 9/11 would be be basically the same as we have now in 12 vs 13.

My biggest problem with the TA is there is apparently no improvement to min days off. People say that you will get more days off with a PBS, and maybe that is true but it doesn't matter when you get JA'd back to min days off.

I kind of wish I was at the meeting in DC, I imagine it is going to be very heated.

Patrick: I have no idea why they'd tell you know, unless they know that they do not need more newhires. Do NOT let this bother you. Take it as a little experience. You WILL find better, my friend.

As for the contract, here's the latest I'm getting:

I spoke to my rep today. He said NO work rules, NO increase in min days for reserves. Something like only One more day off per year for line holder. But as I told my rep " We went into these negotiations with a three legged stool. 1. block or better. 2. work rules. 3. Min day increase." I will not put anyone else through what I went through as a JR Captain. It was inhuman and if I agreed to 8 days for reserves then I would be just another full of ##### greedy pilot who eats their young. I hope he was wrong about some of this.

Get ready for this TA to be another load of horse manuer, with people telling you that "it's the best we'll ever get." The MAG FAs have been negotiating for over 2 years! The pilots haven't even been in talks for 1 year. Just vote NO! They will have to do better (assuming there still is a company to do better).

MAG Pilots (myself included) learned with the last contract that we cannot trust the company nor can we take what our union leaders tell us at face value. If / when you do get to see the TA to vote, read it very carefully several times. The first TA will not be what you're worth.

"I have failed you Anakin.....I have failed you."

"I should have known the Jedi were taking over!"

"Anakin, Senator Palpatine is evil!!!"

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"

"The you are lost!!!"

I sat with a man once in ORF while waiting for an AWAC plane to show up to take us to CLT. Talking with this fellow, who seemed like a great guy by the way, we started comparing work rules. I told him about my thing we had in our contract (AWAC's), such as duty/trip rigs, trip touching, line bidding and the whole lot, and he just told me that's all well and good, but he was happy at MAG. I tried to show him how his contract sucked, but he kept saying how he was happy, and he would never leave. I just can understand how you can keep yourself at a job like that (by the way, he was from ORF, AWAC has an ORF base!!!!). I just don't get how people can go work for a company that bad? I mean no hotel for a CDO? Are you kidding? How could you honestly tell me you can make your body switch from day to night, and be alert after staying up all night? I thought it was bad enough AWAC added a turn after a CDO that had 6 hours behind the door in the hotel. I wish everyone at MAG the best of luck, fight the ass JO is and get a good contract, trust me, a contract is something to fight for!

Someone's kidding you, because every CDO I've ever done I've had a single occupancy hotel room. Just some more misinformation I suppose.

In the truest sense of a CDO / standup overnight, correct. MAG does provide single occupancy rooms. In the sense of "your regular 15 hour shift includes a 3 1/2 hour sit at an outstation during normal sleeping hours" ... nope, no room.

When I was a senior FO in PHX, I'd bid standup lines all the time. I always got a room. Jump ahead a year, and when I flew DFW-LAS-ELP-PHX starting at 8pm in DFW, ending at 7am PHX after a 3 1/2 hour sit in ELP ... nope, no room.

Back