Maximum age of new hires...

AJV

Hi I just scheduled my AT-SAT test today. I understand the journey is kind of long to be hired. My problem is I turn 31 at the end of August. Does that disqualify me from being hired or am I still ok since I started the process already? Thank you.

You need a TOL before you turn 31. Last year I took the ATSAT in April and got a TOL in October, although some people got them in July. You'll be close but might just make it.

Thank you for the reply. Does the TOL come after the AT-SAT or are there other steps in between prior to receiving a TOL?

No problem. If you pass the ATSAT and are selected for hire, you will be given a TOL. Last year there was some speculation that they found those who were close to 31 and got them TOL's in time, but I can't promise that's true.

I met quite a few older guys while I was at the academy....they were able to sneak some 30 year olds but I don't specifically remember any 31 year olds.

One other thing is last year they were giving out "Pre TOLs". I got one in June, but have no idea if that locked in my age or if it was the full TOL in October.

I guess I just need to cross my fingers and hope for the best. I scheduled my AT-SAT on the earliest date that I could (June 15), so I'm hoping that will help with getting a TOL prior to me turning 31. Thanks again.

Back