Life at Compass

spoke to someone in the know and they said we absolutely are not providing compass a list of attendees from from the job fair and people aren't happy that memo went out.

spoke to someone in the know and they said we absolutely are not providing compass a list of attendees from from the job fair and people aren't happy that memo went out.
That's too bad. I get people want to do what they can to get out but calling I sick and screwing over your friends? Not cool. I'm not happy with how we as a pilot group have handled the last two big job fairs. This as a captain who couldn't get the time off and *ghasp* did my job.

That's too bad. I get people want to do what they can to get out but calling I sick and screwing over your friends? Not cool. I'm not happy with how we as a pilot group have handled the last two big job fairs. This as a captain who couldn't get the time off and *ghasp* did my job.
so you think its right for a potential employer to share data with a current employer that could have negative consequences for said employee?

It makes all parties look bad if true (it's not), and I know SJI isn't happy that it's a blatant lie using them fabricated by CPZ to intimiated it's employees. If they want to do that fine but leave another company out of your BS agenda. This has nothing to do with the crap you just said.

Last edited:
It used to be us against management.

Now we've got people rooting for management to improperly discipline pilots. Whether that was the intent or not, it's how it comes across.
I mean, from the outside I would say that discipline for abuse of sick policy (which using sick time to go to a job fair is 110%) is not even close to improper.

My opinion is not popular and I don't really care. This is twice in about a month I've been capped on, not by management but by my fellow pilots, for doing my job.

If the people in charge start making people do the carpet dance over this I'm not going to be sad for them.

Perhaps my initial post was a bit too emotional to be clear, but I stand by the sentiment. It's BS that we are being lied too and dragging Momma D's name down into our drama, but at the same time if people are abusing company policy to the detriment of their coworkers they should be disciplined.

Last edited:
OK so the other message board is busy talking about Skywest again. That'll keep em busy for hours. You guys just think I'm probably management. I can work with that.

Question. Does anyone have any experience with nc-soft's APDL and have any insight with how well it works with iocc.

I know of at least one pilot that was awarded the day off and ended up junior manned thanks to somebody calling in sick, so they missed their opportunity. Sure, it could have been a legit sick call, but is it fair if it wasn't?
In summary, calling in sick for the job fair is kind of a d-bag move.
That said, the scare memo and all of that... also not happy about. Both things can be wrong, simultaneously!

I know of at least one pilot that was awarded the day off and ended up junior manned thanks to somebody calling in sick, so they missed their opportunity. Sure, it could have been a legit sick call, but is it fair if it wasn't?
That said, the scare memo and all of that... also not happy about. Both things can be wrong, simultaneously!
why did they answer their phone on a day off to be junior manned?

A junior man call is an IQ test.

why did they answer their phone on a day off to be junior manned?
You can get junior manned when not required to answer your phone. Unless you want to try the "oh the acars didn't get any messages" game

Last edited:
OK so the other message board is busy talking about Skywest again. That'll keep em busy for hours. You guys just think I'm probably management. I can work with that.

Question. Does anyone have any experience with nc-soft's APDL and have any insight with how well it works with iocc.
I'm well aware you're not management.

You can get junior manned when not required to answer your phone. Unless you want to try the "oh the acars didn't get any messages" game

Yeah, they were working thursday and were ACARs with a jr man and flying for Friday. (job fair day #1). How is that an IQ test?

Back