Life at Compass

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

You're out of your mind.

The Chiefs already know who half the people are on here, and they either lurk or post here and on APC. They'll figure it out pretty quickly when guys don't show up to work.

And forum threads have been used in grievance hearings before, amiright @amorris311?

I was being sarcastic with the quotation marks dude. Everyone knows the chiefs know who most people are. But comparing the forums to social media is dumb. As far as people saying they will call out if the vacation is taking away, who cares. It's their decision not yours or anyone else's. If they say it on here and then do it, cool. If they say it on here and don't do it then cool.

All I know is that I feel like morale took a total turn in this passed week. I thought it would have gone up a bit with the new fo rate but it didn't. Now the company threatening to take vacation away, morale is lower than I think it was before all this stuff recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was being sarcastic with the quotation marks dude. Everyone knows the chiefs know who most people are. But comparing the forums to social media is dumb. As far as people saying they will call out if the vacation is taking away, who cares. It's their decision not yours or anyone else's. If they say it on here and then do it, cool. If they say it on here and don't do it then cool.

All I know is that I feel like morale took a total turn in this passed week. I thought it would have gone up a bit with the new fo rate but it didn't. Now the company threatening to take vacation away, morale is lower than I think it was before all this stuff recently

Brah, High School Airlines has had poor decision making inbreeding going on for years. Telling your bros on a public forum that it's cool to do whatever they want because, like, whatever dude, doesn't help your colleagues in any way whatsoever.

Brah, High School Airlines has had poor decision making inbreeding going on for years. Telling your bros on a public forum that it's cool to do whatever they want because, like, whatever dude, doesn't help your colleagues in any way whatsoever.

So if we tell them on the fb page then it's ok rather than a public forum?

Do you want the same union who can't enforce the contract, representing you while the company is trying to fire you?
I was simply asking a question. I'm just curious why the contract isn't a two way street. Why is it an ironclad document for the pilot group but when it comes to the company it seems to be written on toilet paper?

I was simply asking a question. I'm just curious why the contract isn't a two way street. Why is it an ironclad document for the pilot group but when it comes to the company it seems to be written on toilet paper?

This is why: "Fly it now and grieve it later"

Severity of repercussions.

The contract is to tell the company what the pilots expect. The FOM and various manuals tell the pilots what the company expects. Violate the manuals and the company can fire you. Violate the contact, and the company might get a "we aren't happy with this" from the pilots.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, I personally never said I would not come to work if the company took my vacation which happens to be over the holidays this year. In fact, I fully expect it. On an unrelated note, I was actually able to make it to the registration window for the SWA job fair in September but that's as far as I made it. When I clicked register the page hung and by the time it loaded, NO SOUP FOR YOU!! I was able to register for the "Wait list" though. LMAO!

WTF is even going on here. This is the best time for pilots in a decade plus and the angst here sounds like the circa 2009 depths when everyone was stressin and on edge.

Saw this on Facespace earlier today. Thought it was pretty cool. 5812 from MSP to IAH this morning.
460c1b1a7c593d637525c90e1c4a37ce.jpg

$17,500 new hire FO bonus announced. 3 installments.
Completion of IOE = $7,500,
9 months Employment = $2,500.
12 months of Employment = $7,500.

The last bonus was shot down and from that came the new payrates. Wonder what'll happen with this one...

$17,500 new hire FO bonus announced. 3 installments.
Completion of IOE = $7,500,
9 months Employment = $2,500.
12 months of Employment = $7,500.

The last bonus was shot down and from that came the new payrates. Wonder what'll happen with this one...

Someone posted in APC that there is also a retention bonus coming to us as well

Back