Life at Compass

Says the generation that could retire from an entry level factory job.. *stir*
My dad is months away from doing exactly that. No college degree, worked for the same company for 41 years.

Bought his first house at 18 on minimum wage.

Every time he gets on my case about buying a house I make him search for one, then I don't hear about it again for a while ;)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My dad is months away from doing exactly that. No college degree, worked for the same company for 41 years.

Every time he gets on my case about buying a house I make him search for one, then I don't hear about it again for a while ;)

I love Old Economy Steve

d0e.jpg

It's better to start looking from around third year pay.

You'll find most ratios are that FO's make around 60% of CA pay.

The ratio isn't perfect but generally pretty close. At $75 for captains, you'd expect FO's to make $45, which is a whole lot closer now.
Yes it is closer now, $41 for FIRST year F.O. vs $75 for a FOURTH year Captain. That was my point.

I bought a house in my last semester of college. I had a mediocre CFI job and my then fiancé worked the front desk at a doctors office. It's totally do able.

Exactly. People complain about not be able to afford a house but it's possible.
One thing the meme makers don't look at is the size of a starter home in what was at the time middle of nowhere suburbia. My folks' neighborhood has a lot of homes built in the 50s/60s and by modern standards they're more of a cottage. And in a neighborhood that was the boonies at the time.

One thing the meme makers don't look at is the size of a starter home in what was at the time middle of nowhere suburbia. My folks' neighborhood has a lot of homes built in the 50s/60s and by modern standards they're more of a cottage. And in a neighborhood that was the boonies at the time.
Exactly. Unfortunately those 2 bedroom 1000sq/ft homes are "unacceptable" in today's society.

Back