Life at Compass

If you pick up two quick turns (LAX-SAN-LAX) that are separate trips on the same day, do you get four hours for each one?

If you pick up two quick turns (LAX-SAN-LAX) that are separate trips on the same day, do you get four hours for each one?

Sadly no, you're working for free. I did something similar and they would not budge. Ended up talking to the union contract people and they sided with the company.

Sadly no, you're working for free. I did something similar and they would not budge. Ended up talking to the union contract people and they sided with the company.

Your not working for free. Your just being paid for the hours worked. If the two separate trips give you more than 4hrs block combined then you will get more than min Day and make what you actually blocked. Otherwise why would/should they pay 8hrs for both if they are in the same duty period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not working for free. Your just being paid for the hours worked. If the two separate trips give you more than 4hrs block combined then you will get more than min Day and make what you actually blocked. Otherwise why would/should they pay 8hrs for both if they are in the same duty period?

If the trips were separate they'd be paying two separate pilots 4 hrs each. Makes sense to get paid 8 hours doing both. Otherwise the company is just saving money paying barely over 4.

If the trips were separate they'd be paying two separate pilots 4 hrs each. Makes sense to get paid 8 hours doing both. Otherwise the company is just saving money paying barely over 4.

Good point but the fact that it's one pilot and one duty day, not two separate duty days, it falls under one pay

But they didn't pay two separate pilots...you did them both. In one duty period. If this trip was awarded you through regular bidding would you expect to be paid 8 hours?

But they didn't pay two separate pilots...you did them both. In one duty period. If this trip was awarded you through regular bidding would you expect to be paid 8 hours?

No, but then I would not be doing extra work, just what I was scheduled for. The problem I had with it was a line from the contract that went something like, a pilot that picks up a trip from open time will be paid the full credit of the trip. So because the trip was listed as 4 hours of credit, I felt like my pay should go up by 4 hours. I was trying to take advantage of the min day system and it did not pan out unfortunately.

No, but then I would not be doing extra work, just what I was scheduled for. The problem I had with it was a line from the contract that went something like, a pilot that picks up a trip from open time will be paid the full credit of the trip. So because the trip was listed as 4 hours of credit, I felt like my pay should go up by 4 hours. I was trying to take advantage of the min day system and it did not pan out unfortunately.

I think you need to read the grey area of that wording tho. I interpret that as if both trips combined totals let's say 6hrs of block then you get paid for 6hrs. If for some reason they total 10hrs of block then you get paid 10hrs.

When you pick up stuff, that pretty much becomes what you are scheduled for. If 1 pilot could do the flying you picked up or 4, YOU are still only getting paid min day or better with credit. This is perfectly valid since you are working ONE duty period.

There really aren't a lot of ways to take advantage of this. you either pick up something like an XNA turn which is like 7 something of credit, or you try to work much under 4 hours as you can, like a SAN turn or something.

Hey all. Here's a good deal on Aviators for those who like to wear them in the terminal, bathroom and hotel vans. Never know when you'll run out.
149d40ef68576cf91fad9ac4b9f358ae.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I recall CP's office sending out a memo or email about trips being paid on a leg-by-leg basis, not as an overall block. I'm ie. underblocking and cancellations. I can't find it, anyone have a copy?

Anytime the company is ready to give us some good news, I'll take it. Feed us. Would also love to hear from the union regarding a realistic timeline about the outstanding major grievances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back