Life at Compass

Quick note for those who stay at the normal commuter hotel in LA. Same shuttle service now as Laquinta and they have a scheduled pickup time every 30 mins if you want to walk over there..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Getting factory fresh new planes?

No. It will be a combination of the block hours we are losing in MSP and possibly some LAX flying,so if anything it should help out or DL performance numbers,except on those days when LAX and SEA are both in 2+ hour GDPs for LOCIGs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you couldn't access RAP in flica I encourage you to email crew planning. I noticed the previous bid email didn't provide a timeline for RAP for August. Checked after schedules were released and it was closed in flica, today awards are supposed to be released for RAP.
I know of at least one other person with the same issue.

If you couldn't access RAP in flica I encourage you to email crew planning. I noticed the previous bid email didn't provide a timeline for RAP for August. Checked after schedules were released and it was closed in flica, today awards are supposed to be released for RAP.
Well, there's a shocker. On a semi-related topic, why are we consistently punished schedule wise in a training month? I bid in the low 40's and I have not one but two five day trips. I DON'T BID 5 DAY TRIPS!!! AT ALL!!

That sucks, but the company is gonna come back and say that the schedule for it all is given in the monthly bid packet. Isn't it? Now if Flica didn't work properly, that's different.

Well, there's a shocker. On a semi-related topic, why are we consistently punished schedule wise in a training month? I bid in the low 40's and I have not one but two five day trips. I DON'T BID 5 DAY TRIPS!!! AT ALL!!

Because we just don't get enough preassigned credit for training days and then when you factor in all the unavailability (think about every possible pairing that touches it on every end, all the 4 day trips that cover any one of your training days for example, or wouldn't be legal because of it) and you're gonna have a bad time schedule wise.
My worst was when I was junior and had vacation and training in the same month. I got touched in a bad place.

Scheduling does RAP bids/awards. Send an email to CS and ask that its forwarded to the CS Coordinator if you can't access Flica. Planning has nothing to do with the rap awards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is in the bud packet, so in the end I missed it and should've known.
@azmedic thanks, didn't know that. I emailed them, ended up being awarded my second choice if I had bid.. which is how it would've worked out either way.

You won't believe one of the 5 days. Day 3 and 4, one leg each.

This is why I will miss my schedule efficiency once we merge with the SEAtonians.

With no vacation, no personal days, no conflicts, no nothing, try 12 days of flying which equals 89.2 hrs block and 19 days off in a 31 day month. Yes, you read that right. At least AS doesn't have 5 day trips, same as us. Every time I see a domestic pilot's 5 day trip, it is woefully inefficient.

So they either opened August early or never closed it after SAP. Was able to drop several trips last night and adjust sked completely.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back