Life at Compass

6-12 upgrades a month with 1 new hire class in June and July, then things pick back up with normal hiring and upgrades like the good ol' days (12 months ago)

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about this. I have a couple friends there that commute to MSP. The west coast will mean a two legger for them.

Could be hiring just to cover the amount of people who might leave with MSP closing. But I don't think they do hiring based on those projections.. not sure though

At two airlines over the last ten years, I've seen ONT, LAX, SAT, MCI, IAD, DTW, DFW, and MSP close.

If you're sticking around at a regional because you live in base, or because the commute to your base is easy, or because you think you have some level of seniority that will save you from having to do a cross country commute, allow this to be yet another reminder that no base is safe at an airline.

At two airlines over the last ten years, I've seen ONT, LAX, SAT, MCI, IAD, DTW, DFW, and MSP close.

If you're sticking around at a regional because you live in base, or because the commute to your base is easy, or because you think you have some level of seniority that will save you from having to do a cross country commute, allow this to be yet another reminder that no base is safe at an airline.
And why I just grin and shake my head when people say one should move to base to not commute.

Back