Life at Compass

Or one pilot that scheduling knew as Captain Midnight -- that's straight from the scheduler's mouth -- because this pilot would not go on and check their schedule until the stroke of midnight on the first block of reserve days. Of course, encouragement from those around him helped as this is ironically the proper way to do it and the way that his later gig did it with one caveat at 15:00 the day prior in the form of a schedule check followed by a legal not-on-call period.
Is captain midnight now married to said scheduler?

Is captain midnight now married to said scheduler?

Bingo-trollface.jpg

Wouldn't be shocked. It crashed earlier today and there was "planned" MX on the system last night right after trading opened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody here commute to LAX from Reno? I'm wondering how that might be. Anybody who operates the RNO-LAX flights, feel free to chime in too.

Does anybody here commute to LAX from Reno? I'm wondering how that might be. Anybody who operates the RNO-LAX flights, feel free to chime in too.

A buddy of mine does it, it's surprisingly challenging. There aren't that many daily flights, they start late in the day and they end early in the day, and they are often pretty full according to him, he's usually on the jump.

A buddy of mine does it, it's surprisingly challenging. There aren't that many daily flights, they start late in the day and they end early in the day, and they are often pretty full according to him, he's usually on the jump.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a tough commute.

When there's the southwest flight at 6:30am, you'll find about 6 pilots commuting and that's the regular. I know two American guys that stopped showing up for the SKW 6:30am flight when Southwest stopped their flight for a while.. all because a SKW guys bumped them off the jumpseat.. it's a tricky commute.

Back