Life at Compass

On recovery right now. Checked this am and saw I had a notification. Sked called me later and left a VM saying "I see you logged on and saw your notification...Please self notify or call in". I know it's not legal for them as far as notification but still annoying they're checking on who's looking.

Last edited:
^^^ this is something a scheduler said they liked about the system. They can see when you have logged in and seen a change but not clicked notify (changes color) . If you didn't know....now you do!

^^^ this is something a scheduler said they liked about the system. They can see when you have logged in and seen a change but not clicked notify (changes color) . If you didn't know....now you do!

Yikes. That's scary. I've always assumed our schedulers do see that at OO, but fortunately we haven't heard about it yet.

IOCC denying pick up of trips for invalid reasons, email trip trades and hours later getting a response that trip is no longer available... yet even hours after that I still see it in IOCC. hmmm

It hasn't been "good" for awhile but people are willing to overlook a lot for quick upgrades and growth, now that that train has slowed and they're hosing our paychecks and this software implementation, well.. It's stressful. My average days here still aren't too bad but my paycheck is still slightly short and I hate this software....

FLICA used to show when someone would login and view their schedule as well as show the IP address logged in from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLICA used to show when someone would login and view their schedule as well as show the IP address logged in from

As much as I don't like that they can play big brother this way, it still isn't a legal means of communication. They'd have nothing to stand on if they still didn't notify me of something legally.

And BTW, have I mentioned how crappy our recovery language is? The part that I refuse to abide by is the "required notification" between 9 and 3 the day before recovery starts. Part 117 rid of that and we can never be required to have contact with the company on a day off. Tsk tsk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, overall life isn't terrible here, but it gets very aggravating when you try and pick up flying, and it gets denied because it conflicts with vacation or another variety of bogus reasons. So you then email scheduling and they say it's taken care of.. yet nothing is added to your schedule, the trips are now gone and you've lost 25hrs of pay you should've had.

As much as I don't like that they can play big brother this way, it still isn't a legal means of communication. They'd have nothing to stand on if they still didn't notify me of something legally.

And BTW, have I mentioned how crappy our recovery language is? The part that I refuse to abide by is the "required notification" between 9 and 3 the day before recovery starts. Part 117 rid of that and we can never be required to have contact with the company on a day off. Tsk tsk

It came in handy when pilots would be notified legally then claim they weren't/unaware but checking their flica app a million times immediately afterwards.

It came in handy when pilots would be notified legally then claim they weren't/unaware but checking their flica app a million times immediately afterwards.
They had two way communication or a voicemail was left? By voicemail I mean, "hi, this is ###### in crew scheduling, we've made a change to your pairing please call back or self notify." That's not "legal".

They had two way communication or a voicemail was left? By voicemail I mean, "hi, this is ###### in crew scheduling, we've made a change to your pairing please call back or self notify." That's not "legal".

Has anyone every challenged this by not calling back or checking IOCC when that exact verbiage is used by the scheduler?

Or one pilot that scheduling knew as Captain Midnight -- that's straight from the scheduler's mouth -- because this pilot would not go on and check their schedule until the stroke of midnight on the first block of reserve days. Of course, encouragement from those around him helped as this is ironically the proper way to do it and the way that his later gig did it with one caveat at 15:00 the day prior in the form of a schedule check followed by a legal not-on-call period.

Has anyone every challenged this by not calling back or checking IOCC when that exact verbiage is used by the scheduler?

It doesn't matter if they leave a message or not. For a line holder or a reserve pilot, once you're on a trip, no phone is required. The only legal way they can notify you of a change to your schedule is via ACARS or a representative meet you at the gate or plane. When I was on reserve and finishing a trip, I wouldn't even check my phone until a minimum 15 minutes after block in. We're all pumpkins after that anyways. If someone wants to answer their phone, that's fine, but not required.

Or one pilot that scheduling knew as Captain Midnight -- that's straight from the scheduler's mouth -- because this pilot would not go on and check their schedule until the stroke of midnight on the first block of reserve days. Of course, encouragement from those around him helped as this is ironically the proper way to do it and the way that his later gig did it with one caveat at 15:00 the day prior in the form of a schedule check followed by a legal not-on-call period.

Would said person also roll in at like 3am and sleep through all of am ready reserve?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back