Life at Compass

Yes. Twice I emailed the address listed in the Hotline for contract issues, finally got a response back from the FedEx MEC that they can't find a record of me being employed there.

I emailed a CP asking that NC release the reserve grid and buffers, she sent me an email with the information. I asked her to send it to the entire pilot group, voila.

I'm just one man, imagine what the power of a union could do. Maybe they are working hard at it, I don't know, because they don't say anything.

Except the buffers are wrong... and it's not like the union isn't asking for this stuff, the company just does what they want... The reserve grid in SEA for FO is just totally wrong. The numbers don't make any sense -days that show open trips have nothing corresponding in open time. I emailed them and they said they'd look into it now, but that's a contractual violation for days now... "real-time availability" is what the CBA says.
They do what they want. And we'll win grievances related to IOCC I'm sure but it's going to take time.
I swear though, if (and let's be honest, when) my paycheck is wrong tomorrow, I'm going to hit the damn ceiling and you'll have to scrape me off the wall with a spatula. I get pretty frustrated when people mess with my money.. paying me accurately, timely and fairly is kind of a basic part of that employee-employer agreement.

What's with all the union leadership resignations? Are they just moving on to other jobs?

jtrain09 for Chairman!

What's with all the union leadership resignations? Are they just moving on to other jobs?

This is the gift and curse of Compass and has been for the last 5 years. You don't get the kind of seniority turnover, without a corresponding turnover in the Association ranks as well. The MEC leadership team for the last 2 years has almost the exactly the same resume qualifications. It's been something that was always discussed as the elephant in the room and discussed repeatedly.

This turnover makes it extremely hard to build and maintain institutional memory, and makes the job that CPZ ALPA has to do infinitely harder against an extremely advsarial management team. That said, now for a shameless plug...

The one thing that seems to be a constant theme when ALPA is discussed in this thread is "it would be nice to hear more..." and "why does ALPA allow this to happen?" To address either of these concerns more volunteers are needed, and not just any volunteers. CPZ ALPA needs motivated volunteers who understand you will do this work on your days off, you won't get any pay for most of it, and can take the initiative. Fighting for CPZ pilots with TSH is an exhausting and endless enterprise, but not one that is unwinnable.

I know some of you have reached out to help, and never heard a reply. Some of you might have been considering volunteering, but not known where to start. Regardless of which category you fall in, don't stop trying. Reach out. Volunteer to help with something that you see a problem with (hint: The Safety Committee is almost always full). You don't have to know how to do the job at the beginning, like many things in this industry, you just have to want to learn, have a kickass attitude and be willing to help your fellow pilots. The cycle is about to start over again, do you want to sit back and watch, or be a part of the change you want to see?

The decision is yours.

@broncoav8r said it better than I ever could. The company just drags its feet knowing that most pilots won't put in the energy to change things because we feel we'll be gone before long. And the new people walking in the front door don't know how things were better and what we've lost recently.

Now my 6 month recurrent is canceled due to a "miscommunication between FSI in STL and Trans State Holdings." This place truly has turned into a dumpster fire.

TSH decided to sell all of our 10pm sim slots in STL back to FSI.

Supposedly TSH also likes to say they don't have to pay for the sim slots we reserve and don't use. FSI doesn't exactly like or tolerate that.

I'm apart of that group that had my sim cancelled at end of month. Shall be interesting when they try to change it to a day off, which has a zero chance of happening. Same for when they try to throw it on days next month. I didn't bid for training in April, I bid for March. Their only option for me is to see my April sked and place it within a footprint of a trip for April.

On Reserve tomorrow, haven't been assigned a RAP, even the scheduling email shows no RAP assignment.
I didn't bid for one because a build up line was made for me.
What are my responsibilities if I'm not assigned a RAP?

On Reserve tomorrow, haven't been assigned a RAP, even the scheduling email shows no RAP assignment.

The monthly RAP assignment email didn't list you? The one from Crabtree entitled "MARCH 2017 RAP AWARDS!" ?

Stay at home and assume it was LCR. It's on them to show you were ever notified of a RAP.

That's my fear... I finally got a response from payroll yesterday and they said Friday's check would be correct for all of my missing per diem as well as the missing hours. Unfortunately, my bank doesn't show pending deposits or anything and there's no stub up yet. Is there another way to view it?

Back