Life at Compass

The sad thing is, I honestly believe Bob didn't realize there were this many issues and Nicole and Adam have probably been telling him "a few minor bugs but everything's been fine". Maybe he gets it now..?

Oh, and for those that didn't listen, outside of the rage against the machine, the info tidbits were:
We have a change request in with LIDO to actually file rnav arrivals instead of the improper ones.
Altitude is auto selected by lido for fuel burn, but dispatcher training issue if they don't manually check it and look it.... so they're working on dispatcher training because ultimately it's up to them.
They've had request to move metars/tafs and TLR before weather but they can 't do that because Lufthansa is bad, basically.... There was a long technical explanation about 3 pieces and the TLR comes from aerodata and so on, but it basically can be summed up as "get used to it."
For upgrades - "current outlook" would be upgrade class in July. If attrition spikes or more flying, that could change, but "as of today, July for upgrades".
Mike White: Let me put a rumor to rest : Compass has never had a guaranteed interview program with Delta. We had a recruiter who was working w/ recruiters with Delta to put something together but... it never happened."
CA asks question: "Why do I have this thing in writing from my new hire packet saying I have a delta guaranteed interview?"
Answer: "... look if you want to get on at delta, there's people here that can help, just ask!"

The sad thing is, I honestly believe Bob didn't realize there were this many issues and Nicole and Adam have probably been telling him "a few minor bugs but everything's been fine". Maybe he gets it now..?

I really hope weekly status updates come out like Bob was alluding to..the "it's being worked on" line only works for so long. Something like "coding for XYZ issue is expected to be completed on insert date here,or "we are being told by Germany/IT that ABC is going to take another 4 days to fix" would go a long way to keep healthy relationships with all affected departments going..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope weekly status updates come out like Bob was alluding to..the "it's being worked on" line only works for so long. Something like "coding for XYZ issue is expected to be completed on insert date here,or "we are being told by Germany/IT that ABC is going to take another 4 days to fix" would go a long way to keep healthy relationships with all affected departments going..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Until those deadlines are missed. Which they unfortunately will be.

I need to stop listening to these calls, they are increasingly frustrating. However I'm immensely impressed with the callers for standing up for themselves and being honest to the bossmen.

"ugh" was pretty epic too.

And while maybe a bit unprofessional, whoever yelled "TIME TO STRIKE", :stir:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the union heard all of us complaining about lack of communication. No better way than to send 10 repeat emails from the past two months.

I guess the union heard all of us complaining about lack of communication. No better way than to send 10 repeat emails from the past two months.

...and none of them, not even the actual March 2nd Hotline even remotely addresses anything real.

Impressive it was, but can't touch some of the conference calls from my time at Republic during the no contract years. 4 letter bombs being dropped on Bedford.

And after yesterday's call we still can't get a meaningful response from the union referencing the important quality of life issues affecting us all.

Impressive it was, but can't touch some of the conference calls from my time at Republic during the no contract years. 4 letter bombs being dropped on Bedford.

And after yesterday's call we still can't get a meaningful response from the union referencing the important quality of life issues affecting us all.

Have you emailed anyone? Or called anyone? Or tracked anyone down at an airport? Or come to the overnight hotel and stalked anyone? I'm here in town!

Have you emailed anyone? Or called anyone? Or tracked anyone down at an airport? Or come to the overnight hotel and stalked anyone? I'm here in town!
Yes, had a phone call last week regarding an issue. It's no surprise what the issues are, right? There are things happening behind the scenes that the pilot group needs to be told about. It'll help a ton if the communication to us all is given out instead of random pilots calling to get information and then have it change hands 15 different ways. I don't know if people leaving their union position for "bluer skies" is having an effect on how much we're being told, but the frustration level is pretty damn high.

1kq4ps.jpg

Yes. Twice I emailed the address listed in the Hotline for contract issues, finally got a response back from the FedEx MEC that they can't find a record of me being employed there.

I emailed a CP asking that NC release the reserve grid and buffers, she sent me an email with the information. I asked her to send it to the entire pilot group, voila.

I'm just one man, imagine what the power of a union could do. Maybe they are working hard at it, I don't know, because they don't say anything.

Back