Life at Compass

I can see it now...

Oktoberfest bro! *high five*

626e7d850d223d0dc22d7cf69dafd1a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...unless it's too cold,or a deicing truck breaks again,so on and so forth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We did know these were issues…for some reason it’s not opening...you’ll just have to calculate it...you’ll just have to print it…”

Great suggestion! How long until we have to start using the deice truck ourselves?

From a workplace proximity associate, as I was never at 9E.

I say all this with devotion to our company core value “Genuine - Be professional but be real”, and in accordance with the employee handbook I am clearly communicating that I am giving my personal opinion and not that of, or on behalf of the company…

Back in the day at 9E, while on the phone getting assigned illegal trips because "Oh well that's between yous and the union...you doin it", more than once calling 1-800-WX-BRIEF to file our flight plans because dx was melting down and we wanted to get home from a high-speed before timing out, and due to bankruptcy penny pinching every cockpit was covered in inoperative stickers; we would to joke about instead of calling ourselves Flagship, SinkingShip seemed more appropriate. All this time, we’d look across the windows from B/C concourse and see those Compass 175’s parked at A. Sure, they parked with the big guys, but the special thing about Compass was their company TREATED them like the big guys. As a result, their crews were as happy as could be at the regional level, and their product superb.

This feeling of watching the company change is all too familiar. We still have a lot to be proud of here. I had hoped to hear in the call that the chiefs remembered where they had came, and what this company used to be; but their responses…unbelievable. I'm worried that we are just one Californian rain away from an epic landslide towards the bottom of the regional pack.​

From a workplace proximity associate, as I was never at 9E.

I say all this with devotion to our company core value “Genuine - Be professional but be real”, and in accordance with the employee handbook I am clearly communicating that I am giving my personal opinion and not that of, or on behalf of the company…

Back in the day at 9E, while on the phone getting assigned illegal trips because "Oh well that's between yous and the union...you doin it", more than once calling 1-800-WX-BRIEF to file our flight plans because dx was melting down and we wanted to get home from a high-speed before timing out, and due to bankruptcy penny pinching every cockpit was covered in inoperative stickers; we would to joke about instead of calling ourselves Flagship, SinkingShip seemed more appropriate. All this time, we’d look across the windows from B/C concourse and see those Compass 175’s parked at A. Sure, they parked with the big guys, but the special thing about Compass was their company TREATED them like the big guys. As a result, their crews were as happy as could be at the regional level, and their product superb.

This feeling of watching the company change is all too familiar. We still have a lot to be proud of here. I had hoped to hear in the call that the chiefs remembered where they had came, and what this company used to be; but their responses…unbelievable. I'm worried that we are just one Californian rain away from an epic landslide towards the bottom of the regional pack.​
When I started there coming from post merger 9L it felt like getting hired at a big boy airline in how they ran and treated people. Sad to see what has happened to CPZ.

Back