Life at Compass

A hypothetical 22 hour four day at triple premium pay would credit 70 hours for the trip. First year pay at $39 an hour that's $2730 for the trip. Not unreasonable to make $12k if you work a lot.

Edit. It would actual credit more than that, but you can see the math.

Triple time for an entire trip? Sorry kid, I don't buy it, and I've seen stuff like this before. It never lasts as long as you think it will, and it's never as good as the guy in the crew room who picked it up says it is.

Triple time for an entire trip? Sorry kid, I don't buy it, and I've seen stuff like this before. It never lasts as long as you think it will, and it's never as good as the guy in the crew room who picked it up says it is.

Oh I know it won't last forever, but it can't be worse than this.

I'm told Embraer is roughly the same way too.

"Why the frak do you want to know that? Follow the AMM."

The entire Embraer AMM:

Step 1: Power down aircraft

Step 2: Wait five minutes

Step 3: Reapply power.

Does problem still exist?

IF YES:

Step 2: Wait 10 minutes

Step 3: Reapply power

IF NO: Performed A/C reset in accordance with blah blah blah, message cleared AC ok for service

The entire Embraer AMM:

Step 2: Wait five minutes

Step 3: Reapply power.

Does problem still exist?

IF YES:

Step 2: Wait 10 minutes

Step 3: Reapply power

IF NO: Performed A/C reset in accordance with blah blah blah, message cleared AC ok for service

Every
Mechanical
Breakdown
Requires
An
Electrical
Reset...

Triple premium is actually 3 x min day for each day of the trip plus what the trip is worth, so a 22 hr 4 day would be worth 3 x 4 x 4 + 22 = 70 hours. All open time is triple premium right now except for Dash 8 FO.

Some things to note here: 1, you are correct management is actively trying to adequately staff the airline so they dont have to pay so much for OT. 2, our schedules dont get as many days off as cpz, so picking up an entire 4 day would be rare. You could however pick up a short turns like PHL EWR PHL and it would still pay 16 hours at triple premium. Pilots who live in base can make a killing this way.

Overall, i guess what I'm getting at is 12k as an FO would be difficult. There are guys who do it, but they are bypassed FOs receiving captain pay, go ham on their vacation, or hit high credits in months where we are also paid out a bonus. A very small minority and but the majority.

Back