Life at Compass

Not really a smoking gun unless you can prove that it is that aircraft and an actual received message. There's pictures out there of all kinds of crazy stuff typed in to ACARS that hasn't been sent.

I'm thinking management probably already has it anyway, so the crew is probably screwed; if management is taking the "was an accident" angle.

I'm thinking management probably already has it anyway, so the crew is probably screwed; if management is taking the "was an accident" angle.
Exactly why I was kind wondering if the stuff should be taken down. If...IF...the company decides to take a "cover it up" stance and they get word that the pic leaked it's not going to be hard to figure out who took it. I doubt the crew could get into serious trouble regarding this picture, but it COULD cause some drama.

Exactly why I was kind wondering if the stuff should be taken down. If...IF...the company decides to take a "cover it up" stance and they get word that the pic leaked it's not going to be hard to figure out who took it. I doubt the crew could get into serious trouble regarding this picture, but it COULD cause some drama.

If the company is going to try to hang it around the neck of the crew anyway, I don't think they really have much to lose.

I'd rather be fired as a probationary pilot than have some kind of FAA action against my certificate. Who knows if any of that is even a possible outcome, but given those two choices, if I were the picture-taker, I know what I'd be doing with the photo.

We can't type exclamation points.
Nor does the ACARS free text page that we use to send a message look anything like the photo I saw. It clearly was a message received. I am fully convinced that the message did indeed come form dispatch and was legitimate.

If the company is going to try to hang it around the neck of the crew anyway, I don't think they really have much to lose.

I'd rather be fired as a probationary pilot than have some kind of FAA action against my certificate. Who knows if any of that is even a possible outcome, but given those two choices, if I were the picture-taker, I know what I'd be doing with the photo.
And that's very true. Just trying to think conservatively

Nor does the ACARS free text page that we use to send a message look anything like the photo I saw. It clearly was a message received. I am fully convinced that the message did indeed come form dispatch and was legitimate.

If someone is going to present it as evidence, there needs to be a clear chain of origin from the photographer to determine authenticity.

That's as true if it is going to the media as it would be the FAA.

The third party ACARS vendors are VERY good at keeping the information sent via their systems. Ask me how I know....

The FAA would have absolutely no problems verifying the authenticity of the ACARS message.

The third party ACARS vendors are VERY good at keeping the information sent via their systems. Ask me how I know....

The FAA would have absolutely no problems verifying the authenticity of the ACARS message.

I was wondering that, being an electronic system that it is, if there indeed was some form of electronic recordkeeping of everything sent via ACARS. Would make sense that there would be.

Anybody know which random number is how much a trip in open time credits?
From left to right..... Click the plane or File looking thing....then click in that spot shown and that will show the trip in the Details. Very intuitive...:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Attachments

• To see trips and credit.png
    To see trips and credit.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
From left to right..... Click the plane or File looking thing....then click in that spot shown and that will show the trip in the Details. Very intuitive...:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Can't get that to work. Oh well. Trying to do extra work is turning into too much work itself.

Back