Lastest Empire Airlines Job Post

Mountain is advertising for an ATR C/A (and F/O, I think) on the orange site. I was sort of interested, then I looked at the payscale. WTF? My *base pay* flying a PC-12 is more than an 8-year C/A on an ATR!?

I did the phone interview today. It went well and they invited me up to Cour L'anene, ID for the sim but man looking at prices for tickets I don't know if Im going to be able to get there anytime soon. I would take that Midland run in a minute, sounds like you get the most flying done there.

I did the phone interview today. It went well and they invited me up to Cour L'anene, ID for the sim but man looking at prices for tickets I don't know if Im going to be able to get there anytime soon. I would take that Midland run in a minute, sounds like you get the most flying done there.

So are you going to go over there? You are running out of time to get into the January class.

So are you going to go over there? You are running out of time to get into the January class.
I probably won't make the January class. I called Thursday to arrange the sim session for tommorow and they have not gotten back to me yet. So it will be next Monday before I can make it out and then I have to give this employer 2 weeks notice. Hopefully Midland will still be available but if not maybe they'll put me in the pool.

I just got an email from empire about training. It said that the class was now full. I bet there is still a chance to get into a pool though.

Hey walljer, I'm headed down next week for the sim, I hear its like a microsoft beech 1900 sim, is that right? Any news on where the new ATRs are going to be based out of?

Hey walljer, I'm headed down next week for the sim, I hear its like a microsoft beech 1900 sim, is that right? Any news on where the new ATRs are going to be based out of?

Sweet man! Good luck. What day will you be interviewing? The other new guys and I will be there in COE until the 12th. If come in before that, you should see if you can stick your head into the training room and say hi. The sim is a computer based beech 1900. The Chief will give you some time to warm up on it before you get started. Take advantage of that time. I used it to figure out what power setting would give me different airspeeds, and get comfortable with the pitch and roll. After 15 min, you should be flying it just fine. It is really straight forward, no tricks. I went to lunch with the DO and Chief last friday, and I asked where the planes were going. They wouldn't give me any info. They said the locations are all still rumors at this point, and they would tell us as soon as Fedex gives a for sure answer. But they are going somewhere, and that means new hires soon!

Sweet man! Good luck. What day will you be interviewing? The other new guys and I will be there in COE until the 12th. If come in before that, you should see if you can stick your head into the training room and say hi. The sim is a computer based beech 1900. The Chief will give you some time to warm up on it before you get started. Take advantage of that time. I used it to figure out what power setting would give me different airspeeds, and get comfortable with the pitch and roll. After 15 min, you should be flying it just fine. It is really straight forward, no tricks. I went to lunch with the DO and Chief last friday, and I asked where the planes were going. They wouldn't give me any info. They said the locations are all still rumors at this point, and they would tell us as soon as Fedex gives a for sure answer. But they are going somewhere, and that means new hires soon!
Darn, looks like I am going to just miss you guys. I interview on the 16th. They actually asked me if I want to do the Caravan out of PHX, but that was a few weeks ago so I'm not sure that route is still available. I think I want to jump into the ATR anyways. Thanks for the write up.

Darn, looks like I am going to just miss you guys. I interview on the 16th. They actually asked me if I want to do the Caravan out of PHX, but that was a few weeks ago so I'm not sure that route is still available. I think I want to jump into the ATR anyways. Thanks for the write up.

One of the Van drivers is in the class right now. I'm guessing they were offering you his job. Well good luck on your interview. I'll be down in Houston at flight safety when you are in COE.

One of the Van drivers is in the class right now. I'm guessing they were offering you his job. Well good luck on your interview. I'll be down in Houston at flight safety when you are in COE.
If it's the guy taking the Santa Monica route yes. Is he on here by any chance? I'm kind of curious what the typical day is like.

If it's the guy taking the Santa Monica route yes. Is he on here by any chance? I'm kind of curious what the typical day is like.

I don't know if any of the other pilots use JC. Santa Monica is an awesome run. You live there, and get to spend all day at your base hanging out at the beach. Then in the PM you fly to Ont, and spend the night there.

ATR's I don't think any of the runs are based out of fort worth. All of the runs are based at the outstation.
Hey quick question, do they train us in the 72 primarily and do differences in the 42 or is it the other way around? I'm trying to get some study material so I can learn the systems and cockpit layout before going to class.

Hey quick question, do they train us in the 72 primarily and do differences in the 42 or is it the other way around? I'm trying to get some study material so I can learn the systems and cockpit layout before going to class.
Primary is the ATR 42 300, then we do differences for the 72

Back