Landing Incident @ SFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
See something happening here. Think that's a United jet in the background?
SCkZrEM.jpg

Yeah, that was United 885 (KSFO-RJBB) that was holding short of 28L when it happened.

i just learnd something new from the news, did you guys know that you need airflow over the wings for the airplane to fly.............

Seriously - I've never seen anything like it. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, but it was blowing a gale...really weird.

Northeast sees that kind of stuff every once in a while.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

I'll take not wind shear at 100-1.

Listening to the tower recordings the wind seemed to be 180 at 5-6 kts around that time . . . that'd explain it going right of centerline but not the premature contact . . . smart bet ;)

NBC just said twice that this is the first major airline crash in the US since 2001. Aren't they forgetting a few?

20081220-0-c-d-3-5002.jpg

I noticed that screw-up as well. A guy on CNN said the same thing. :rolleyes:

I think AAL587 was the last major airline crash in the US with a fatality... IN the plane? (Therefore not counting Southwest 1248.) That's pretty specific...

It is definitely a bummer to hear about this. It will be interesting to learn more about what caused this accident. I am glad that more people were not killed. The sources that I am currently reading are saying 2 dead, anybody else heard any different?

i just learnd something new from the news, did you guys know that you need airflow over the wings for the airplane to fly.............

These news people just really crack me up . . . don't they know that the only thing that causes an airplane to lift off the ground and fly is money? Geeezzz where is some factual journalism when you need it :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back