Landing Incident @ SFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
God these idiots talking about cartwheeling and wings breaking off while looking at a live video of both wings attached.....

God these idiots talking about cartwheeling and wings breaking off while looking at a live video of both wings attached.....

How bad is it that this was the first thing my wife, a non-pilot, texted me? If she can recognize that if the aircraft is still intact, it didn't cartwheel, then CNN must be aiming for a pretty low standard.

Seems the impact with the ground started at the seawall (some of the top rocks on it are missing) and the debris trail is to the right of the centerline . . . bets on wind shear or sudden loss of power anyone?

Man, this looks like it could have been a lot worse. That British Airways 777 incident a few years ago comes to mind.

veba6ehu.jpg

uqe2y9av.jpg

"This is a technical crash landing." -CNN

This is why I haven't turned on the TV in weeks.

Maybe a "technical crash landing" is one that's scored by judges like an Olympic event.

I'm surprised that CNN and Fox haven't started blaming terrorists and/or UFO's yet, since that's the kind of idiocy I've come to expect from cable news in the US.

WOW the talking heads are running around with huge booners on this one!

Guy on CNN just had his google map up and exclaimed "you don't have to be a flight controller to figure this one out" and then proceeded to explain how the airplane went right (as he traces a left turn with his finger).

Turn the go team around, seems like the media has it figured out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back