Kansas City PEPC

None of my references got anything yet... Now I'm concerned about this.... Anybody else in the same boat?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't like this boat.

I know that none of my personal references have received anything yet. I have no idea about my past employers. I'll probably never know if they get anything, since I'll never call up and ask.

Several of my references received scantrons on Saturday. A couple more received them today, so they are definitely still actively working on getting them out.

I got some good news from the FAA today, after telling me at the MCI PEPC that they needed more info on my asthama, I got a message saying my asthma was now cleared and they didn't need any info...Best news so far! Good thing too because I was having to wait until Jan 9th to see a doctor so I wouldn't get behind with a class date now.

I wouldn't place to much stock in whether your references get the forms.

I have a good friend who I listed as a close reference on the SF-85. He still hadn't recieved the forms when he moved last week, so I called the FAA Security Office to tell them the situation. The lady I spoke with told me it wasn't a big deal, they were just personal vouchers. She didn't even want his new address and told me my information had already been forwarded to OPM and that I had already been given "conditional clearance."

Not too sure what that means, but it seems like the scantron forms aren't a huge piece of the process.

Makes sense that they wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in your closest friends telling them you're a good guy.

To MKEflyer - I received a letter in the mail that said I had received medical clearance under Special Consideration for vision issues. What a relief! I'm with you!

Piker - I hear the security clearance is the post-PEPC task that typically takes the longest. You're cleared already, at least from a temporary or conditional standpoint. That gives us all hope!

Email correspondence with my HR rep today:

HR Rep - "Great! Thanks...can you make a 6/8/2009 class?"
Me - "Yes I can! Let's get the ball rolling! Thanks for the good news!"

Shall Boomer or bippotl or raydon or someone with bets on it prepare to start the Official FOL from KC PEPC thread....Cha Ching!

Email correspondence with my HR rep today:

HR Rep - "Great! Thanks...can you make a 6/8/2009 class?"
Me - "Yes I can! Let's get the ball rolling! Thanks for the good news!"

Shall Boomer or bippotl or raydon or someone with bets on it prepare to start the Official FOL from KC PEPC thread....Cha Ching!

im confused actually...did you really get scheduled for a class date?

ive been away for a little while and havent read all the posts lately, so am i missin something?

im confused actually...did you really get scheduled for a class date?

ive been away for a little while and havent read all the posts lately, so am i missin something?

I emailed my HR rep this morning to inform her that I had contacted the Deputy Regional Flight Surgeon in Kansas City and recieved my medical clearance. I also mentioned in that same email that I had arranged for my official transcripts to be sent to her as I had graduated this past Saturday from Florida Tech. Then I respectfully wished her happy holidays.

A few hours later, she emailed me back and I copy/pasted the entire email. She sent me a one-liner and I sent her a one-liner back. I called as well to confirm that there were no earlier TRACON basics classes between now and June, and she said this is the earliest she had, take it or leave it. So I accepted that date on the spot and she said to expect further paperwork and documentation very soon.

Then I called my fiance's parents, my parents, and jumped on JetCareers. LOL.

I'll keep you posted as I find things out. I'm excited to have a concrete date to rely on, even if it is six months away.

Back