Jump pilot, 350 TT

PA-44typed

**I don’t know anything about these jobs, just passing it along.**

Jump Pilot wanted to start right away at Finger Lakes Skydivers, Ovid N.Y., D82. www.skydivefingerlakes.com. e-mail me for job description and application. We operate Wed - Sun, free housing on the DZ, Cessna 182. Prefer 350 hours TT minimum and jump pilot experience, or experience skydiving. If you have contacted me in the past and are still interested e-mail me. I plan to hire someone very soon. Thanks, John King -Ovid, New York, 14521, United States

-----------------------------------------------------------

Turbo 206 pilot needed for the season. 400 to 600 hours per year. Must be reliable and competent in aircraft. Send resume to jumptandem@aol.com Colorado USA
------------------------------------------------------------
Commercial Rated C 182 jump pilot to fly jumpers on Sat or Sun or both days at Perkiomen Valley Airport, Collegeville, PA. Must have 500 total logged flight time and 25 hours in C-182. Send resume. Call 610-683-5060 for more info.

Caravan Qualified Pilot at Skydive Las Vegas -- temporary or long-term. Insurance requires 1000 TT PIC. Email resume to brent@skydivelasvegas.com or fax to 702-293-5684. Boulder City, Nevada, 89005, United States
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your time, when you see 15+ jobs available then put a rush on it. Its still super competitive now. Take your time enjoy flying, thats one thing I hate I did. I rushed everything and was always stressed out to finish at a time like this.

Take your time, when you see 15+ jobs available then put a rush on it. Its still super competitive now. Take your time enjoy flying, thats one thing I hate I did. I rushed everything and was always stressed out to finish at a time like this.

I suppose. But I have just been "having fun" with my private for a year and a half now, and just last week decided to slam my IR and CPL in before I go to school in August.

You mean $6/ Load flying a 1960's Cessna 182 without Insurance?
Hmmm, let me check............

Nope.

Haha. It might beat me getting paid $3 per glider ride I give. Three in one day if I am lucky. :rolleyes: (it sure beats paying $70 per flight though)

You mean $6/ Load flying a 1960's Cessna 182 without Insurance?

When I flew jumpers I could turn 3 loads/hour on busy days. $18/hour is decent pay, especially considering this job is super easy compared to instructing (up...down...up...down...up....) and takes minimal qualifications to get.

The part about no insurance I would not feel comfortable with, but everyone can decide that for themselves.

But there's probably 3 dozen former 121 Captains, and 2 retired astronauts who've already applied for the position :sarcasm:

Yeah, No Poop!
:cwm27:
The sad part is that seats get filled no matter what.
I read the 1.5 page personal letter, you get when you ask for information and felt like the guy was nice and straight up. Not easy to find these days.

Mr. TLewis:

3 Bucks a Ride? You are comparing Apples with Oranges.
Gliderflying is a "completely different kind of flying alltogether".......
You need to realize that if you keep giving rides in Gliders you will be a better instructor down the road for it, and make real money, compared to us stinky pinky flyers... ;)

When I flew jumpers I could turn 3 loads/hour on busy days. $18/hour is decent pay, especially considering this job is super easy compared to instructing (up...down...up...down...up....) and takes minimal qualifications to get.
What was you trick? I used to do 3 loads per hour as well but I was flying behind a PT6 when I did it. On the days I flew the 182, I was lucky if I could do 1-1/2 loads per hour. If you were doing 3 per hour in a 182, you were either putting them out low or you had so many thermals that you could've flown them in yoiur car.

I used to do 20-25 min turns in a 182 with jumpers, there are lots of climb mods that help out. BTW in 2001 I was getting $2 per skydiver, on a good weekend I'd log 10-12 hours of flight time and make some good Part time $$.

What was you trick? I used to do 3 loads per hour as well but I was flying behind a PT6 when I did it. On the days I flew the 182, I was lucky if I could do 1-1/2 loads per hour. If you were doing 3 per hour in a 182, you were either putting them out low or you had so many thermals that you could've flown them in yoiur car.

It was rare to do 3 loads to 10k back to back at my dropzone. A lot of times it'd be 9k, 4k, then a 9k or something. I planned on about a 20 minute turn to 9k and about 10 minute turns to 4k. That's averaging 500 fpm climbs with a couple minutes to taxi in and out.

The jumpers I worked with were good about staying organized on a busy day, too. Most of the time they'd be gear-checked and ready to go as soon as I pulled up, so all I'd have to do is throw the door open and let them climb in without shutting down.

Back