JFK

Been there several times, it's not that bad. Check the Port Authority web site; it will have information on landing fees. You don't have to pay them on landing, the PA will send a bill to the registered owner of the aircraft. There is no FBO at JFK, just a PA facility that will provide you an area to park, a place to use the restroom, and a ride to/from the terminals if you need it.

It's not a bad trip, and if you don't go between 1500-2000 local, then you'll avoid higher charges for "peak hour pricing".

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
Been there several times, it's not that bad. Check the Port Authority web site; it will have information on landing fees. You don't have to pay them on landing, the PA will send a bill to the registered owner of the aircraft. There is no FBO at JFK, just a PA facility that will provide you an area to park, a place to use the restroom, and a ride to/from the terminals if you need it.

It's not a bad trip, and if you don't go between 1500-2000 local, then you'll avoid higher charges for "peak hour pricing".

FL270

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no "departure fee"? I heard rumers about that
shocked.gif

Hello,

I flew a seminole into JFK back in Sept, since it was not during a (HTDA time, check A/FD) no reservation needed, landing fees only 25$ versus over 100 at LGA. Great experience, any questions let me know.

Joe

NO Tim, NO. We are not flying there...
laugh.gif

...Unless this post turns a leaf into that its possible to go in with a Piper PA28-181. I just don't wanna hear "40T, your number 2 to land, following a heavy 747, best speed to short final, traffic following is a heavy 757, two miles in back, cleared to land..."

Otherwise, it would be cool to try.

I went into JFK in a Cessna 172 a couple of weeks ago. Flew out of OXC direct JFK. Very straightforward (as can be expected with the NY Tracon) as Kennedy Ground had a follow me truck waiting for us when we landed. Really an awesome time. We went in at night. Lots of heavies all around.

I've been in to fourteen class bravo airports, most in small airplanes, all in nothing larger than a King Air. Be willing to keep your speed up on final, listen carefully, reply promptly, and follow instructions, and you'll get in anywhere without much trouble at all.

I've visited: EWR, BWI, IAD, CLT, ATL, MEM, MCI, DTW, PIT, IAH, JFK, PHL, DAL, HOU.

I will add #15 on Monday ... MIA.

FL270

yeah thats the thing... its nice to hear, but would I really want to putt-putt around in it? Would they respect a Warrior?

"Warrior 49 FOX, keep that speed up, we want you on 31 L NOW, hurry up, or you'll be kicked out..."

Try LGA. LGA doesn't give anyone any slack!

"Two Fitty American! I said Two Fitty until advised! Everyone on Freq, lissen-up, don't slow until I tell ya...Bah!"

I am flying up to long island in march for my long commercial x-c...would i get hit with the landing fee if i flew an approach in there...did a touch and go and then continued on? i have never been sure what landing fee meant....

LGA is fun. The controllers are just like described above. Its especially fun when they are down to one runway b/c of snow removal. As you can see the runways intersect. THey clear when departing 31 and landing 22 the other day, we were landing 22. we were just over the numbers when they clear the other plane for take off on the intersecting runway. FUN STUFF!

In my opinion, and thats all it is, i dont think a slow single engine plane with a pvt pilot has any business in LGA.

So you can depart after 3pm then, without being charged for a taxi, runup, position+hold, and takeoff fee??
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
well Tim, if you're up for some fun, we could go after 10pm...

AS LONG AS THERE IS FOOD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool wit me
cool.gif

Also it would be more like "American 123, you are #2 to follow a heavy piper warrior on short final!"
grin.gif

After flying warriors and Seminoles for so long, i really was tempted to refer to myself when i was in the Baron as "heavy" to the local tower (who only really handles warriors, arrows and seminoles with the occasional DC-9). I flew into MSP once with the seminole and landed on the parallel runway. Pretty neat to be told traffic at 9 o'clock is an Airbus A320

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well Tim, if you're up for some fun, we could go after 10pm...

AS LONG AS THERE IS FOOD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool wit me
cool.gif

Also it would be more like "American 123, you are #2 to follow a heavy piper warrior on short final!"
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If we take my instructor along, it will certainly be HEAVY.

haha... "runup fee." I should call the port authority and ask if there is a runup fee...

Back