JC Vegas 2010

ms.mshunter

So, mshunter mentioned that he wanted us to go to the JC 2010 Vegas expo. He gave me a brief over view of it, but I wanted some opinions from people who have actually been there before. I have very little knowledge of airplanes, would someone like me have a good time? Do alot people (women in particular) go? Any insight would be appreciated!

It's Vegas, if you don't want to talk airplanes then excuse yourself and go enjoy whatever it is you will enjoy! I think most people go to just enjoy each others company and not really talk shop too much.

My girlfriend had a blast last year and has committed to going this year. Doug and Kristie are working on having more activities for spouses this year too.

So, mshunter mentioned that he wanted us to go to the JC 2010 Vegas expo. He gave me a brief over view of it, but I wanted some opinions from people who have actually been there before. I have very little knowledge of airplanes, would someone like me have a good time? Do alot people (women in particular) go? Any insight would be appreciated!

I have been every year since 2004. My wife has been a couple of times. She has always had a great time. I am quite sure you would have a great time as well. This is truly the greatest group of people that I have come across.

I know that Kristie and Doug are really going out of their way to make it even more enjoyable for the wives/SO's this year. I would guarantee that you'll have a great time.

BTW, I have moved this thread into the NJC section so it get's more views.

I've been several years and have always had a ton of fun. You'll hear plenty of airplane talk, but also a lot of other topics as well. Kristie always organizes at least one ladies get together if not more. This year it sounds like there is going to be a whole bunch of stuff for us non-aviation types :)

I don't know a single person who has come who has ever regretted it

I've only been once (back in 2004), but my wife went with me. She had a blast, but she probably would have had more fun if she hadn't been 4 months pregnant at the time.

At least at that NJC, it seemed the airplane talk kinda stopped when we left the event. When we were out at the karaoke bar and stumbling down the strip, I don't even remember airplanes being mentioned. Then again, I don't really remember much after about 1 am. :)

After reading this thread & some other ones I found, this sounds like it's going to be alot of fun. I'm really looking forward to it! Vegas here we come!

I always have a good time! It used to be in years past that the girls would just get together for a cocktail session or an informal meet and greet. A lot of them typically had their own things that they wanted to do and i was always busy prepping for the major events.

But this year, i'm adding a bit more fun to the plate to add some mojo to help bring the ladies out. It'll be some adventure fun along with relaxation fun, so hopefully nobody will be bored or not have something on the itinerary that they can do while hubby's are out talking airplanes.

I'm still wide open for suggestions too..we don't have everything put in ink yet.

:D

I always have a good time! It used to be in years past that the girls would just get together for a cocktail session or an informal meet and greet. A lot of them typically had their own things that they wanted to do and i was always busy prepping for the major events.

But this year, i'm adding a bit more fun to the plate to add some mojo to help bring the ladies out. It'll be some adventure fun along with relaxation fun, so hopefully nobody will be bored or not have something on the itinerary that they can do while hubby's are out talking airplanes.

I'm still wide open for suggestions too..we don't have everything put in ink yet.

:D

K, am going to turn you into a stepford wife. :D

After reading this thread & some other ones I found, this sounds like it's going to be alot of fun. I'm really looking forward to it! Vegas here we come!

That's the spirit.

Come prepared to point and laugh. Everybody does.

It's funny how people get all riled up with each other here online but in Vegas they're hoisting shots together and laughing at 'outsiders'. Good times.

:D:D:D

:crazy:
I have very little knowledge of airplanes ...
don't worry, by the time these geeks:drool: are done with you, you will never want to hear the word "airplane" again, or others like "Airport, flight sim, ALPA, Unions, reserve, approach, minimums, PIC, logbook...blah blah blah...ad naseum":deadhorse:
Do alot of (women in particular) go?
:pirate:NO!!!... these people are as if they bottled women repellent and sprayed it into the HVAC system for the party (if you can call it a party)! :rotfl:Mostly a self pity convention...
:yar:Why would any self respecting woman want to hang out with a bunch of homely looking one diminsional geeks who have nothing to say to a girl, but stand in the corner and whisper to one another (ohh ohhhh she's hawt:love:) oops...I need to go to the bathroom:eek:...they have towels here...riight?:buck:

I guess my disappointment at not being able to attend this year is manifesting itself in odd ways...:eek:

:cwm27:

:D:D:D

:crazy:
don't worry, by the time these geeks:drool: are done with you, you will never want to hear the word "airplane" again, or others like "Airport, flight sim, ALPA, Unions, reserve, approach, minimums, PIC, logbook...blah blah blah...ad naseum":deadhorse:
:pirate:NO!!!... these people are as if they bottled women repellent and sprayed it into the HVAC system for the party (if you can call it a party)! :rotfl:Mostly a self pity convention...
:yar:Why would any self respecting woman want to hang out with a bunch of homely looking one diminsional geeks who have nothing to say to a girl, but stand in the corner and whisper to one another (ohh ohhhh she's hawt:love:) oops...I need to go to the bathroom:eek:...they have towels here...riight?:buck:

Believe me, I am already surround my a bunch of "aviation" words that I have no idea what they mean. It's either my husband trying to explain somethng to me or him talking on the phone w/his students. As long as there is alcohol and gambling, I think I will be just fine!!! :beer:

Believe me, I am already surround my a bunch of "aviation" words that I have no idea what they mean. It's either my husband trying to explain somethng to me or him talking on the phone w/his students. As long as there is alcohol and gambling, I think I will be just fine!!! :beer:

You're good. The JC community warmly welcomes the female of the species, aviation involved or not, to the process in Vegas.

It lends the rest of us credibility, and generally makes us look less like a math club for gay men.

Heck, who knows! Maybe this year me and Tony will finally find the mechanical bull! :D

My wife went last year, and immediately decided she wanted to come in 2010. So, as you would know, we'll both be there again.

Back