JC P90X Club

How is everyone else doing? I'm starting month 2 today, and with the new phase brings me to the doubles program.:rawk: Wish me luck, this is going to be crazy.

How is everyone else doing? I'm starting month 2 today, and with the new phase brings me to the doubles program.:rawk: Wish me luck, this is going to be crazy.

Doubles? No thanks!! I can't wait for my shoulder to be taken care of (surgery or not) so I can jump into Insanity. Booya!

Good luck, those one-armed and clapping push ups are tough. Man, this doubles program is really rough. I was so hungry yesterday after working out twice, but at least I slept like a baby last night.

So I did plyo yesterday and I noticed something, the guy with one leg is Erik Stolhanske, from Super Troopers, Beer Fest, and Club Dread
1ziuxx.jpg

1z5u52u.jpg

I checked his wiki, because if it's on the internet it must be true, and it looks like I was right.

Anyone else notice this?

got everything today, will do the fit test tomorrow.

Can't wait to start!

Good luck man, I'm finishing my 2nd week of phase 2--almost halfway there!

I've been doing the doubles program which adds cardio x three times a week, but I'm going to have to go back to the classic version Monday as the Seneca will be up again and I need to focus on my MEI as well.

BTW, you will love the results. I put on a polo yesterday and it was tight around my biceps--greatest feeling I've had in a long time. :cool:

Good luck man, I'm finishing my 2nd week of phase 2--almost halfway there!

I've been doing the doubles program which adds cardio x three times a week, but I'm going to have to go back to the classic version Monday as the Seneca will be up again and I need to focus on my MEI as well.

BTW, you will love the results. I put on a polo yesterday and it was tight around my biceps--greatest feeling I've had in a long time. :cool:

thanks man.

I do have a question, since I'm on the road for 8 months out of the year, it would be very impractical for me to carry around the pull up bar that the P90X people sell. Is there anyway to use the resistance bands to do my chest and back exercises?

thanks man.

I do have a question, since I'm on the road for 8 months out of the year, it would be very impractical for me to carry around the pull up bar that the P90X people sell. Is there anyway to use the resistance bands to do my chest and back exercises?

Yeah, you can buy a strap for them or use a roll of duct tape like in this video

When you use the straps in hotel doors, be sure it's secure. Some doors have bigger gaps than others and I took a hellovashot on my knuckles and forehead from it coming loose. My solution is to fold the strap onto itself, and doublecheck the security

When you use the straps in hotel doors, be sure it's secure. Some doors have bigger gaps than others and I took a hellovashot on my knuckles and forehead from it coming loose. My solution is to fold the strap onto itself, and doublecheck the security
main.jpg

Did he say strap in or strap on?

-mini

I took my day 45 halfway pictures today, wow:eek:

Man my day 1 picture sure isn't very flattering, but the progress is very visible.

Someone might have asked already, but does anyone have a good, easy and relatively cheap recipe for a recovery drink? At the risk of sounding cheap.......I'm just not willing to spend that kind of money.

-mini

I took my day 45 halfway pictures today, wow:eek:

Man my day 1 picture sure isn't very flattering, but the progress is very visible.

Great to hear!

Someone might have asked already, but does anyone have a good, easy and relatively cheap recipe for a recovery drink? At the risk of sounding cheap.......I'm just not willing to spend that kind of money.

-mini

Honestly, I make myself a protein shake with fruit. Works fine. If you look at the ingredients of the recovery formula, it's got a fairly decent amount of protein, carbs, and sugars. My method seems to cover that fine.

Honestly, I make myself a protein shake with fruit. Works fine. If you look at the ingredients of the recovery formula, it's got a fairly decent amount of protein, carbs, and sugars. My method seems to cover that fine.
Any specific product you recommend or like?

-mini

Any specific product you recommend or like?

-mini

I just get the GNC 100% Whey Protein. Tastes good (stay away from Cookies and Cream though), and isn't too terribly expensive. Last time I was in there they had a 2 for 1 deal going on. I generally mix that with strawberries and blackberries (low-glycemic...doesn't spike your blood sugar), along with about 8 oz. of milk. Add 2-3 ice cubes and blend.

Tastes good and is very healthy.

Back