JC P90X Club

Bumblebee

Commodore
I am starting the 90 day count November 1.

OK!

I did my P90X fit test in preperation for starting the 90 day calendar tomorrow.

Here are the results:

resting heart rate: 64
pull-ups: 2
reach: 96"
leap: 105"
push-ups: 33
toe touch: 0 (=/- 0inches)
wall squat: 1:08 minutes
bicep curls 37 @ 30# (red band)
in and outs: 33
heart rate maximizer
immediately: 148
1 minute: 124
2 minutes:114
3 minutes:106
4 minutes: 104
I am at 161.2lbs

I felt a little nausea afterward, but continuing to walk and breathing deeply helped. I also drank the after workout drink. I think this was a workout in itself...

I look forward to the support of my fellow JC'ers. We pilots have a unique set of circumstances regarding access to food, and appropriate fitness areas, along with the crazy schedules we keep.

I am a little intimidated, but feel committed, excited and positive.

BRING IT!:rawk:

Wow! You are really serious about this. When I get home I'll do the fit test and post my results.

I forgot today was the day and its already not going well.

1 El Monterrey Shredded steak and cheese burrito 280 calories
2 cups of coffee with cream and sugar aprox. 80 calories

I'll start back on my calorie king to support!

I'm not sure i could handle the P90X.... :p

Thanks for jumping in with us K :)

OK! The first day was pretty tough...I thought hey I am going to handle this OK, then "The Ab Ripper!!!" Oh man. I did what I could with that. He said if we need breaks, take 'em, and boy did I take 'em.

As far as the nutrition program; The calorie counting has really prepared me for this part, it is not nearly as complicated as it would look had I not been doing that for the last year and a half.

Bring it!
(89 to go)

I'll start back on my calorie king to support!
My wife and I picked up the Calorie King books last week! I just weighed in for my week one numbers. I've lost 9 pounds. :eek:

I've also done some research on the calorie intake I'd need to get to the weight I'd like to see and the calorie intake I'd need to maintain my current weight. I'm down to 50% of the calories that I'd need to stay where I am. Wow.

Now, combine that with P90X and there isn't much I'll have to skip on the eating. I just didn't realize how many calories are in something simple like baked lays or a 6" subway.

Good luck y'all...I'll be back at it (P90X) after this rotation.

-mini

I'll have to make day 1 be tomorrow. I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold today so when I got home I slept the day away. I feel much better now.

I just finally finished eating! I had 900 calories of just protein today...

Eating as much as required on P90X is actually going to take solid planning.

My reps for the pushups day one was 10 (5 for the divebomber)
I was doing 12 for the pullup bands.

When I was reading the P90X diet book, I was thinking that I can't do these recipies, but Winnie read the book, and we went to the market, and 1/2 hour after we arrived home the pork tenderloin was ready... and delicious. It is so nice to have someone who supports me so much in what I do in life.

I just finally finished eating! I had 900 calories of just protein today...

Eating as much as required on P90X is actually going to take solid planning.

My reps for the pushups day one was 10 (5 for the divebomber)
I was doing 12 for the pullup bands.

When I was reading the P90X diet book, I was thinking that I can't do these recipies, but Winnie read the book, and we went to the market, and 1/2 hour after we arrived home the pork tenderloin was ready... and delicious. It is so nice to have someone who supports me so much in what I do in life.

Awesome work! Everyone remember that the hardest part (besides diet) is having the willpower to exercise faithfully and to turn down junk food. It gets much easier after a week or two but don't give up!

I actually envy you guys cutting calories.

I am having a hard time eating ENOUGH to sustain the Power 90 program.

I think I'll try out P90X in the spring.

I actually envy you guys cutting calories.

I am having a hard time eating ENOUGH to sustain the Power 90 program.

I think I'll try out P90X in the spring.
It's tough to stay with it, but it is well worth it. Let me rephrase...it is tough with my schedule, but it is worth it!!:bandit:

Awesome work! Everyone remember that the hardest part (besides diet) is having the willpower to exercise faithfully and to turn down junk food. It gets much easier after a week or two but don't give up!
Thanks for the support pullup! Did you do the program? If so, how was the first run at the ab ripper? This kicked both of our asses and Winnie does abwork all the time. As for me I could only complete about an 1/8 of that the first run and I feel it today in my belly. Looking forward to trying again tomorrow ;)

It's tough to stay with it, but it is well worth it. Let me rephrase...it is tough with my schedule, but it is worth it!!:bandit:
Do you do this on the road Stone Cold?

Thanks for the support pullup! Did you do the program? If so, how was the first run at the ab ripper? This kicked both of our asses and Winnie does abwork all the time. As for me I could only complete about an 1/8 of that the first run and I feel it today in my belly. Looking forward to trying again tomorrow ;)
It'll improve, but it always hurts, at least for me. Stick with it!! I ended up doing about 60 days, maybe a little more, worth of the program, and have been "off the wagon" due to jogging again getting ready for a marathon. Of course, that workout has slowed the last few weeks too so I need to get back on the ball. I am back down to my bootcamp weight of 187 though, and probably lower now due to some lovely stomach bug I picked up on the road. Good luck!!

Edit to add to BB's question: yes, I did. I brought the bands with me and some of the DVD's. It worked okay, but I was not eating enough and think it hurt me in the long run. Keep in mind, I go to Ukraine, Iran, and other lovely spots, so it was very tough to keep even close to the diet.

Hell I better start mine too, I've had it since July but I kept getting sick and I've been pretty busy. I just need to figure out a place in the house to do it without breaking crap.

Hell I better start mine too, I've had it since July but I kept getting sick and I've been pretty busy. I just need to figure out a place in the house to do it without breaking crap.
The wife and I were doing it together in an 850 SF condo, so I think you can find a place!!;) The pull-ups we would go to the "gym" in our condos for, but everything else was with matts on hardwood floors.

No, I haven't done P90X...just more of a general comment. I was all primed and ready to order it until I found that I had to dedicate at least an hour a day to it. I can't commit that with working off shifts and taking care of a 2yr old and a 4 yr old. I run and lift but those are more flexible for me then the structure of p90x.

No, I haven't done P90X...just more of a general comment. I was all primed and ready to order it until I found that I had to dedicate at least an hour a day to it. I can't commit that with working off shifts and taking care of a 2yr old and a 4 yr old. I run and lift but those are more flexible for me then the structure of p90x.
Oh right on!

Just finished the plyometrics...it was a good workout. I paced slower than they did on several moves, but did nearly everything. The rock star jumps were particularly hard, so I modified. I realized that this is going to make for a great ski season!

I would take longer breaks, but watched my heart monitor and kept in range. Before I would drop below range I hit play again.

now for the recovery drink!:rawk:

Oh right on!

Just finished the plyometrics...it was a good workout. I paced slower than they did on several moves, but did nearly everything. The rock star jumps were particularly hard, so I modified. I realized that this is going to make for a great ski season!

I would take longer breaks, but watched my heart monitor and kept in range. Before I would drop below range I hit play again.

now for the recovery drink!:rawk:

Question: Do any of you think that doing some of the workouts "when I can" would be beneficial or do they have to be done in succesion and everyday to have an effect? I was thinking of supplementing my workouts with some portions of thie p90x exercises. IE: Doing a p90x workout vs. running, etc.

Anyone?

Question: Do any of you think that doing some of the workouts "when I can" would be beneficial or do they have to be done in succesion and everyday to have an effect? I was thinking of supplementing my workouts with some portions of thie p90x exercises. IE: Doing a p90x workout vs. running, etc.

Anyone?
I'm sure that doing any of these workouts would be beneficial. To be honest, I don't have the experience to tell you which ones to do in conjuction with your current program. I have put my faith in the system...X!

Today (day 2 in the program), I kept my heartrate in the zone throughout, so I did do cardio for 50 minutes.
88 to go WHOOOP!

All right, so I'm 2 days behind, but at least I'm on the wagon again. Just finished chest and back, plus ab ripper, and I'd forgotten how hard that workout was. I can't wait to relive the pain week 1 delivers. I've never felt so good and so bad that the same time before! This recovery drink is beyond delicious. Good luck everyone and keep bringing it!

All right, so I'm 2 days behind, but at least I'm on the wagon again. Just finished chest and back, plus ab ripper, and I'd forgotten how hard that workout was. I can't wait to relive the pain week 1 delivers. I've never felt so good and so bad that the same time before! This recovery drink is beyond delicious. Good luck everyone and keep bringing it!
good girl :rawk: Bring the X!

I like the recovery drink alot...it reminds me of an Orange Julius.

Oh no! I have to start eating right now if I am going to cram it all down again today ;)

Back