JC P90X Club

after doing the program once and not being able to keep up with it when I returned to airlines and then through a tanker season, I lost much of the progress I had made. After my last vacation I realized I could be 2 weeks away from program completion at the end of my firefighting contract, so I started on the first day after I returned.I have completed a week of P90X and while I am modifying, I am doing most all of the exercises. I do not do the Kenpo (sub CardioX) because it puts too great a strain on my back injury, but everything else is going well. I feel better already.

after doing the program once and not being able to keep up with it when I returned to airlines and then through a tanker season, I lost much of the progress I had made. After my last vacation I realized I could be 2 weeks away from program completion at the end of my firefighting contract, so I started on the first day after I returned.I have completed a week of P90X and while I am modifying, I am doing most all of the exercises. I do not do the Kenpo (sub CardioX) because it puts too great a strain on my back injury, but everything else is going well. I feel better already.

Yeah I think everyone modifies. Heck I'm going through it a second time and there are some exercises that I still skip or modify.

just finished week three and into my first recovery week....feels good already! I can't believe I let this go after the last time!

just finished week three and into my first recovery week....feels good already! I can't believe I let this go after the last time!

P-90X bah..... I got the secret to weight loss. I'm down nearly 40 lbs since March. Work out every day, 150 out of 180 days dry, and don't eat the crap they serve. :)

P-90X bah..... I got the secret to weight loss. I'm down nearly 40 lbs since March. Work out every day, 150 out of 180 days dry, and don't eat the crap they serve. :)

Ah the dreaded diet part. I really come up short here.

Oh fun fact don't do plyometrics then jump on a treadmill for 30 minutes. Let's just say that I'm paying for it right now.

I'm ready tell me when where...
Dale can now confirm how studly I have gotten under my new workout regime. Here's all you need.

Quit all drinking booze .... no 12 steps
Don't eat cause the food sucks
work out 2 hours a day. cause what else ya gonna do?
leave a stressful job....

BAM 40 pounds of fat gone. :)

Dale can now confirm how studly I have gotten under my new workout regime. Here's all you need.

Quit all drinking booze .... no 12 steps
Don't eat cause the food sucks
work out 2 hours a day. cause what else ya gonna do?
leave a stressful job....

BAM 40 pounds of fat gone. :)

Quit all drinking booze - I'm normally down to one beer a week.
Leave a stressful job - Or leave a cubicle job that has 25 cent snacks and pop.

That being said I lost about 20 pounds since I did P90X unfortunately I had to stop as I have been busy. Although once things settle down I'm joining a fitness boot camp. It's going to be nice to get back into my routine again.

I'm too lazy to scroll back through this giant thread, so is anyone familiar with any programs similar to P90X that do not require such a large amount of time per day? I just started using Tony Horton's 10-minute trainer with my wife and kids and that's working well for some family time exercise. I like that they are structured so that you can stack the 10 minute sessions into whatever time is available, and the idea that no matter how busy a day is there is ALWAYS at least 10 minutes, which helps with habit forming and consistency. Wondering if there are other similar programs broken down into 15-30 minute sessions. I think the INSANITY stuff is around 40'ish minutes per session?

Edit: I am not asking if are there programs to get 'ripped' in 15 minutes per day, but are there any other programs that focus on calisthenic and isometric intervals in small time blocks.

I'm too lazy to scroll back through this giant thread, so is anyone familiar with any programs similar to P90X that do not require such a large amount of time per day? I just started using Tony Horton's 10-minute trainer with my wife and kids and that's working well for some family time exercise. I like that they are structured so that you can stack the 10 minute sessions into whatever time is available, and the idea that no matter how busy a day is there is ALWAYS at least 10 minutes, which helps with habit forming and consistency. Wondering if there are other similar programs broken down into 15-30 minute sessions. I think the INSANITY stuff is around 40'ish minutes per session?

Edit: I am not asking if are there programs to get 'ripped' in 15 minutes per day, but are there any other programs that focus on calisthenic and isometric intervals in small time blocks.

Well I believe that P90X II was supposed to be around 40 minutes or so. I always used the time thing for me not to do P90X but then I realized I was playing video games 3+ hours a day. It takes dedication but I would wake up early or stay up late to get it done.

My wife did insanity and I did P90X. I would have to say that insanity is much harder than P90X because of the larger cardio sections.

I just started P90X, got through day 2, and after plyo got a call for a air med charter, tried the first stair and there was nothing there! *Enter Face Plant* ooofta that was tough. Will report in with more progress later.

On another note, I've been using the 100% whey protein shakes afterwards for recovery, don't want to do the pills and crap they try to sell, but what have you guys/gals found works well for those protein shakes? Also, the jug says three servings a day is recommended, so I usually pound down a double dose right after the work out, haven't tried getting a third one in for the day yet.

we use the powdered drinks they sell...they taste great after a workout, but odd if you don't work out...that's why we still drink them!

Back