JC P90X Club

I just added the jungle gym xt suspension straps to my p90x routine. It really works stabilization muscles, much more so than standard push ups etc. it's a great way to mix it up, and works with nearly any door. (nearly) 90 deg push ups, flys, presses, rows and much more...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326693547.545531.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326693547.545531.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 277
I'm almost a week in. Plyo's a killer. I BARELY managed to finish it, but I had to take a lot of breaks and use the pause button.

On the recovery drinks - make sure you're getting some carbs in there. The recovery drink they sell has around 40g of carbs (which you really, really need for replenishment.) A pure whey-protein shake may not have the carbs you need - get some fruit or something in there to help.

The thing that is going to be hardest for me is eating enough. I need to be eating 2400-2600 calories a day. I've basically doubled my food intake and I'm hovering around 1600-1800. Trying to pick up that last 600-800 calories in good food is the hard part right now.

I'm almost a week in. Plyo's a killer. I BARELY managed to finish it, but I had to take a lot of breaks and use the pause button.

On the recovery drinks - make sure you're getting some carbs in there. The recovery drink they sell has around 40g of carbs (which you really, really need for replenishment.) A pure whey-protein shake may not have the carbs you need - get some fruit or something in there to help.

The thing that is going to be hardest for me is eating enough. I need to be eating 2400-2600 calories a day. I've basically doubled my food intake and I'm hovering around 1600-1800. Trying to pick up that last 600-800 calories in good food is the hard part right now.
You doubled your intake and that made it 1600-1800 calories? 1200 calories a day for most people is starvation mode.

You doubled your intake and that made it 1600-1800 calories? 1200 calories a day for most people is starvation mode.

Almost doubled, I should have said - but yeah. This is also back when I was a pack-a-day smoker and a good extra chunk of calories came from a lot of beer drinking. :)

I would frequently not eat all during the day...just drink a pot of coffee, smoke a pack of cigarettes and eat much later in the evening.

I'm one of those jerks who weighs 155 no matter what I eat/do. It's HARD for me to put on weight and eat enough when exercising.

Almost doubled, I should have said - but yeah. This is also back when I was a pack-a-day smoker and a good extra chunk of calories came from a lot of beer drinking. :)

I would frequently not eat all during the day...just drink a pot of coffee, smoke a pack of cigarettes and eat much later in the evening.

I'm one of those jerks who weighs 155 no matter what I eat/do. It's HARD for me to put on weight and eat enough when exercising.
So you're saying you doubled your food intake and are at 1600-1800 calories of food? Before you made up a lot of calories on liquid calories?

So you're saying you doubled your food intake and are at 1600-1800 calories of food? Before you made up a lot of calories on liquid calories?

Roughly. Since I started, I've been tracking my food intake...at first, it's been about 1600-1800. I just finished lunch today and I'm at about 1900 for today - still trying to balance all of this out and figure what works.

A lot of the old calories were liquid, or, when I bothered to eat back then, it would be a 1200-1500 calorie meal, but I wouldn't eat again for 24 hours, you know?

I get the feeling you're picking apart my numbers because you don't believe them - at least, your tone is kind of accusatory - That's fine. They're estimates. They may be wrong. Point being, I'm eating a LOT more and feeling better and having a hard time eating enough.

Roughly. Since I started, I've been tracking my food intake...at first, it's been about 1600-1800. I just finished lunch today and I'm at about 1900 for today - still trying to balance all of this out and figure what works.

A lot of the old calories were liquid, or, when I bothered to eat back then, it would be a 1200-1500 calorie meal, but I wouldn't eat again for 24 hours, you know?

I get the feeling you're picking apart my numbers because you don't believe them - at least, your tone is kind of accusatory - That's fine. They're estimates. They may be wrong. Point being, I'm eating a LOT more and feeling better and having a hard time eating enough.
Oh God no no no. Please understand I use that "myfitnesspal" app so I'm a dedicated cal counter. I just know when I go under 1200 cal I get that "you moron eat more" message, and sometimes I'm wondering if day to day is not as good as looking over the course of the week (like total over a week calorie vs day to day).

Anyway, ignore my accusations just trying to understand the calorie intake you are taking. I was honestly surprised you weighed 155 even with your cal intake (would expect about 110) but you could be 6'3" for all I know.

Oh God no no no. Please understand I use that "myfitnesspal" app so I'm a dedicated cal counter. I just know when I go under 1200 cal I get that "you moron eat more" message, and sometimes I'm wondering if day to day is not as good as looking over the course of the week (like total over a week calorie vs day to day).

Anyway, ignore my accusations just trying to understand the calorie intake you are taking. I was honestly surprised you weighed 155 even with your cal intake (would expect about 110) but you could be 6'3" for all I know.
When I go under 1200 Cal, My fo's start handing me snickers bars.... if not, i'm sure they have turned off their headsets :)

add another scheduled meal period to your routine, and make sure you eat something right after you wake up. delaying the "Fast breaking" can and will hamper your apetite for the day. It's almost like setting a baseline for your body... if it's expecting to be hungy, then you will be.

Time to re-awaken the beast. I just started P90X today. Im not fat at all but i want slim up a bit and shape up. Today was the chest and back along with ab ripper x. I wasnt able to keep up with the reps they were doing but I expected that since I havent really worked out since last summer, so im really out of shape. Anyway, I finished off the workout with a protein shake from target and im eating much healthier. Hopefully all of these factors combined can help me lose some weight and get in shape.

I'm getting over a bad case of the black plague, but I plan to start a round of P90X this Sunday..... just before heading to upgrade training! I'll have so much "BRING IT" attitude, they won't know what hit 'em! I've got some junk in the trunk and around the tummy right now; I need to look good under those "scrambled eggs!"

Im on week 2 of Insanity (Beachbody-same company as P90X). I think its way better than P90X but alot harder. Its like plyo the whole program. I can stay fairly dry with P90 but I'm soaking wet in sweat by the end of the warm up in insanity. And best part, there is absolutly no equipment involved. I think Insanity really is the best for hotel living. Theres even a DVD that has a high intensity weight workout with bumbells. Perfect for those crappy hotel gyms.

I'm getting over a bad case of the black plague, but I plan to start a round of P90X this Sunday..... just before heading to upgrade training! I'll have so much "BRING IT" attitude, they won't know what hit 'em! I've got some junk in the trunk and around the tummy right now; I need to look good under those "scrambled eggs!"

Show the results of the running and P90X and send me copies of the private messages that roll in! :)

Not P90X related but anyone try Insanity yet? I got to week two then had to stop due to a pulled musscle.

I have done Insanity before and really enjoyed it! I am in need of starting it again-I didn't have any injury issues. What was your fitness level prior to starting?

I have done Insanity before and really enjoyed it! I am in need of starting it again-I didn't have any injury issues. What was your fitness level prior to starting?

I would say I'm pretty fit. I did a ton of P90X in 2011. If I have any issues it would have been from a back surgery from 1996. I also messed up my left knee on who knows how many occasions (martial arts from 2000-2003, running in college, etc.).

I would say I'm pretty fit. I did a ton of P90X in 2011. If I have any issues it would have been from a back surgery from 1996. I also messed up my left knee on who knows how many occasions (martial arts from 2000-2003, running in college, etc.).

Has the injury healed up enough to give it another try (I hope it has) or are you going to try something else? I really like being able to do Insanity in the hotels.

Back