Japan Airlines flight on fire

There is much truth to that. šŸ˜‚
I think THIS is why holding patterns have designated speeds. Bank angle versus entry speed equals radius, yeah? (also associated Gs). Can someone hand me a cold one (preferably from the wheel well cooler)? šŸ¤£

Explain aerodynamics to @MikeD , bold move.
Any day of the week. Every Sunday, too. I think we learned 'em at the same schoolhouse.

That said, I was always slightly flummoxed by the idea of compression factors, though. Had to kinda accept it as "religion". But religion provided by high priests of Engineering, not baby Jeebus. I was not very good at that level of math, at least intuitively. Maybe @MikeD can explain that stuff to me. I'm always open to learning. Always!

What? How can we make good instrument pilots if we donā€™t do 1 min inbound holding? Thatā€™s the secret to airmanship. We wouldnā€™t have won at Philippine Sea without that skill set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for nothing, the other day I was telling @killbilly how I had 3 guys I gave the same set of detailed holding instructions and was watching them do 3 different things

Any day of the week. Every Sunday, too. I think we learned 'em at the same schoolhouse.

That said, I was always slightly flummoxed by the idea of compression factors, though. Had to kinda accept it as "religion". But religion provided by high priests of Engineering, not baby Jeebus. I was not very good at that level of math, at least intuitively. Maybe @MikeD can explain that stuff to me. I'm always open to learning. Always!
Mike is forthcoming and honest about his experience. You're not. I trust Mike and discount everything you say as nonsense because of it.

Mike is forthcoming and honest about his experience. You're not. I trust Mike and discount everything you say as nonsense because of it.
Ok. Skepticism is a good trait in any human being. More so in any pilot.

Ok. Skepticism is a good trait in any human being. More so in any pilot.
More blather. People accuse me of adding nothing worthy of reading to this board. I know despite the fact everyone here hates me it's because they understand what I write and disagree. People don't like you because you never actually say anything, you're just AM static.

It's because you try to DIRECTLY connect the dots. The future belongs to those who connect the dots inuitively based on knowledge of science, culture, psychology, and history... But only if ENOUGH of those folks exist and vote.

View: https://youtu.be/HPXHRX8Q2hs

It's because you try to DIRECTLY connect the dots. The future belongs to those who connect the dots inuitively based on knowledge of science, culture, psychology, and history... But only if ENOUGH of those folks exist and vote.

View: https://youtu.be/HPXHRX8Q2hs
Keep up teaching the masses. I'm sure you're their champion, they just don't know and have no idea what your talking about yet. It's not a brick wall, it's a small hurdle. You do know how to run and jump simultaneously right?

Is the feed archived? Should be easy enough to see if he was or wasnā€™t if it is.
Idk, I'm guessing not or else it'd be all over the place by now. Not sure about Japan, but I know some 1st world countries like Germany are very strict with ATC and don't even allow the public to use VHF scanners to listen in. If there is a feed an no archive, possibly a legal issue.

I LUV runway switching. Gives me something useful to do during the actual 90-ish second "flying" phase of flight. I get to go home thinking -at least just a little tiny bit- that today I left the office having actually done something I was actually paid to do.

It happens between 45 minutes and 15 minutes out. Tower controllers in Japan wouldn't dare change anything... ever.

Not for nothing, the other day I was telling @killbilly how I had 3 guys I gave the same set of detailed holding instructions and was watching them do 3 different things
But you had vertical separation. I always thought you could fly circles around the fix and ATC could care less if they had vertical separation.

In Brussels you taxi ONTO the runway at a holding point while the guy on your holding point taxis up ahead to a different spot then takes off in front of you šŸ˜‚

First time I did that it threw me off. One thing Iā€™ve learned is everywhere seems to have some weird thing different than the other. Itā€™s nice having those 3 people especially when youā€™re tired as ā€¢ and canā€™t understand controllers or this foreign airport youā€™ve seen.
ā€œLine up and wait, behindā€ is typical in Europe.

Thatā€™s kind of what I thought. Was he the one that offered us the low approach?

I was an FO, so I didnā€™t get more than a vote on the matter. But the captain told me she got yelled at by our chief pilot for accepting that. Iā€™d do it over again, we had plenty of gas and it was honestly one of the most boring things Iā€™ve done in a plane. But to quote the CP ā€œyou arenā€™t test pilotsā€ šŸ˜‚
Iā€™d still rather have someone give me a visual. It may not be down, but if itā€™s up I at least know itā€™s likely up.

But you had vertical separation. I always thought you could fly circles around the fix and ATC could care less if they had vertical separation.

I didnā€™t care at all because they were the only 3 in my airspace with the rest holding with center waiting for the winds to shift or slow. It was amusing to watch though. Iā€™ve always wanted to give holding by saying ā€œthis will be a no gyro vector, turn left.ā€

More blather. People accuse me of adding nothing worthy of reading to this board. I know despite the fact everyone here hates me it's because they understand what I write and disagree. People don't like you because you never actually say anything, you're just AM static.
I don't hate you, so it's not "everyone." Don't always agree with some of your posts but they make me think, generally, and I appreciate that.

Back