It's official: Virgin America to merge with Alaska Airlines

Email? Word of mouth in crew room?

Can it top a hand signed letter to an arbitration judge? :)

Nah, he just lost his cookies, publicly, on social media and has shockingly not been censured. But he was a huge supporter of the previous administration so word on the street was that as long as you were "pro", you had carte blanche to denigrate your coworkers.

Unless you're at SouthernJets, then you get a new livery every time you get new CEO. Oh wait, RA is retiring.

Bated breath.

Max be like:
images.jpeg

Nah, he just lost his cookies, publicly, on social media and has shockingly not been censured. But he was a huge supporter of the previous administration so word on the street was that as long as you were "pro", you had carte blanche to denigrate your coworkers.

That has been a very common theme with them. Virtually every one of them have blown up on social media or "liked" another one going off on social media- up to and including Moak. Amazing how every one of them exhibit high narcissistic tendencies, short tempers, and truly believe the rest of the pilot group is a bunch of idiots.

That has been a very common theme with them. Virtually every one of them have blown up on social media or "liked" another one going off on social media- up to and including Moak. Amazing how every one of them exhibit high narcissistic tendencies, short tempers, and truly believe the rest of the pilot group is a bunch of idiots.

Scary, sad, and frightening realizing that when send back to do what they signed up for, how narcissistic and caustic they actually are.

People I once had a lot of respect for were pretty quick to pull down their pants and show their 'winkies' after getting recalled.

Amazing how every one of them exhibit high narcissistic tendencies, short tempers, and truly believe the rest of the pilot group is a bunch of idiots.

Where have I heard the sentiments similar to this: "....the pilot group is too stupid to understand things, so I have to come in as their savior and the only one who understands anything, and explain it to these peons..."

I'm not really worried about the SLI. Relative, DOH, staple, etc. I'm 31 now and was 27 when hired at VX 4 yrs ago. Here I'm suppose to be #3 at retirement. No matter what the Alaskan SLI I'll still be in the top 10.

What really matters for my QOL is if they close the NY base, and I'm faced with a lifelong transcon commute to LAX/PDX/SEA. Nothing on the SLI can help or hurt me on that... The base either exists or it doesn't.

I'm not really worried about the SLI. Relative, DOH, staple, etc. I'm 31 now and was 27 when hired at VX 4 yrs ago. Here I'm suppose to be #3 at retirement. No matter what the Alaskan SLI I'll still be in the top 10.

What really matters for my QOL is if they close the NY base, and I'm faced with a lifelong transcon commute to LAX/PDX/SEA. Nothing on the SLI can help or hurt me on that... The base either exists or it doesn't.
You could always move to CA, or a more gun friendly state ;)

Did you read the article?!?
Yes I did. And Cherokee cruiser can back me up on is that the current plan is to have one operating certificate under the Alaska name. Allow the busses to go back at the end of the lease.

This may change based on the customer reaction from loyal VX guests.

I still can't believe some of their stuff on APC. Some think they're the bees knees whereas the reality is it's the same damn plane and jetBlue had been flying just 7 years sooner than VX. But somehow that means first guy should show up on the jetBlue list in 2007 and then a 5-to-1 staple job after that.

It's only a matter of time before the rest of the remaining LCCs are forced to merge. jetBlue, Hawaiian, Spirit, Frontier, Hawaiian, Allegiant, potentially Southwest, and Sun Country. It will be somewhat comical to see these select-few jetBlue guys spew their SLI talks when it's an airline more senior to them. Of course they'll do an about face

Just to keep you honest, plenty of Alaska are saying the exact same things on APC. Things like expect every VA captain to lose his seat a la Air Tran, and to staple Va under Horizon....

Just to keep you honest, plenty of Alaska are saying the exact same things on APC. Things like expect every VA captain to lose his seat a la Air Tran, and to staple Va under Horizon....

Hah, maybe those are the "exciting changes" I heard about coming to Horizon.

Back