It's official: Virgin America to merge with Alaska Airlines

Just to keep you honest, plenty of Alaska are saying the exact same things on APC. Things like expect every VA captain to lose his seat a la Air Tran, and to staple Va under Horizon....

That thread was started by someone who clearly just registered a new name in order to start a flame thread. I don't take it too seriously. I think a staple is out of the question. It's just certain folks on both sides that get too emotional and riled up and then post online about it. But so far, I haven't seen any VX guy making arrogant remarks in regards to SLI with Alaska.

Not me of course. No way would I ever email an airline CEO about anything. Unless it was required as being part of the MEC or something.
When the Colgan Union drive (#2?) was going on they tried to set up a message board for employees to communicate with the company.

I may have directly called the vp (forget what HM was at the time) a liar/ used car salesman directly....

They still made me a check airman after that- so it's not always career ending

@Seggy
@ATN_Pilot
Or anyone else who knows

Before we go through the SLI process we need a joined CBA. Does that mean both Alaska and Virgin work together to negotiate a new JCBA, or, are we basically brought over (given) the Alaska current CBA and that is to be considered our JCBA? Having a joined contract is a pretty big deal and the per-cursor paving the way for SLI negotiations.

Try flying with those that still fight that fight...

:D

Welp, a lot of pilots don't understand basic math.

Years ago during our own SLI, when the new list came out, I was sitting in the terminal, fat dumb and happy, waiting for my commuter flight.

Another pilot runs up and without even introducing himself asks "what's your number?"

Hell if I know, hell, I don't even know what it is right now because it's all relative anyway.

Anyway, long story short we had like 8000 pilots (or something like that, I can't remember) and the other carrier had like 5000 pilots. He was a reserve 757 FO at something in the mid 4000's and now would be almost 11,000 on the new list so basically, still at 90%, still a reserve 757 FO on the big list.

But he fully expected to be in the mid-4000's because, at the end of the day, that was HIS number.

That's basically, at the time a 737 captain. "Well, that's my number"

It is funny how we're all in one Union till a merger....Then it's "You had no career expectations! " and "My airline has been around since Wilbur Wright!"
That's the brotherhood.

Interesting irony indeed . :)

Welp, a lot of pilots don't understand basic math.

Years ago during our own SLI, when the new list came out, I was sitting in the terminal, fat dumb and happy, waiting for my commuter flight.

Another pilot runs up and without even introducing himself asks "what's your number?"

Hell if I know, hell, I don't even know what it is right now because it's all relative anyway.

Anyway, long story short we had like 8000 pilots (or something like that, I can't remember) and the other carrier had like 5000 pilots. He was a reserve 757 FO at something in the mid 4000's and now would be almost 11,000 on the new list so basically, still at 90%, still a reserve 757 FO on the big list.

But he fully expected to be in the mid-4000's because, at the end of the day, that was HIS number.

That's basically, at the time a 737 captain. "Well, that's my number"

"So what's in a number, what's in a number? You know what, maybe nothing is in a number. Maybe a number is just a number."

Enjoy all BMW fans, and thank John Woo:

Back