It’s Not Worth Showing Off

Here is the deal. @derg has built the good aviation/social media site. This leads to the obvious question - how do WE capitalize on it and gain cash and broads?

We develop a "cool" factor. An "anti-anti-NerdFluencer" kind of vibe. Make it exclusive - like Studio 54 or the Pre-River Phoenix Viper Room. Give it a buzz and then we'll be able to curate and post the greatest, coolest, and best aviation content on these interwebs.

IMG_2885.jpeg

That’s dating in SoCal to a Teee!!!
That's why dating should always be initiated at friends functions or outings, both parties get first hand experience visually and hopefully at least a conversation. I know plenty of people have built wonderful lives with someone they met online and I know I'm not getting to see the entire field by not partaking in online dating. I think the best things in life sometimes show up when you're not looking for them. Nature has a way of figuring it out for you.

Here is the deal. @derg has built the good aviation/social media site. This leads to the obvious question - how do WE capitalize on it and gain cash and broads?

We develop a "cool" factor. An "anti-anti-NerdFluencer" kind of vibe. Make it exclusive - like Studio 54 or the Pre-River Phoenix Viper Room. Give it a buzz and then we'll be able to curate and post the greatest, coolest, and best aviation content on these interwebs.
We can sell letters or recommendation and of them TikTak hologram cards ... uhmm, framed versions of my posts ...maybe buddy passes.

edit: oh almost forgot; y'alls is getting senior-enough to form a cartel, bid the sweet lines, then scalp them to the youngins. also a "coordination network" for gig-economy couriers using the crew's luggage. got a million ideas here.

Last edited:
That's why dating should always be initiated at friends functions or outings, both parties get first hand experience visually and hopefully at least a conversation. I know plenty of people have built wonderful lives with someone they met online and I know I'm not getting to see the entire field by not partaking in online dating. I think the best things in life sometimes show up when you're not looking for them. Nature has a way of figuring it out for you.
It's as if the tin man got a heart.

Didn’t you give me crap for how I got married? Friends functions you say? Hmmm. It’s almost like it’s helpful knowing someone through someone, who can vouch for a someone else. You can have the dating scene. If I did it again, I wouldn’t change a thing and go through the family relatives who can vouch for someone else route. Eff the dating scene of the modern era.

Didn’t you give me crap for how I got married? Friends functions you say? Hmmm. It’s almost like it’s helpful knowing someone through someone, who can vouch for a someone else. You can have the dating scene. If I did it again, I wouldn’t change a thing and go through the family relatives who can vouch for someone else route. Eff the dating scene of the modern era.
I don't like arranged marriage, if I recall correctly you or your spouse were given the option to opt out. I'm glad it worked out for you, imagine if you hated her and didn't have that choice. Some people are like oil and water for no apparent reason, imagine being stuck in a lifelong relationship with someone you don't like or respect.

I don't like arranged marriage, if I recall correctly you or your spouse were given the option to opt out. I'm glad it worked out for you, imagine if you hated her and didn't have that choice. Some people are like oil and water for no apparent reason, imagine being stuck in a lifelong relationship with someone you don't like or respect.

Compared to the dating scene in todays “modern” times? I feel bad for any young person that has to go through it, especially in California.

Okay. I'll stop talking about arranged marriages if you stop talking about dating, clearly neither of us are experts regarding the others experience. Sound good?

But unlike you, I can comment based on the people I fly with and their comments on their dating experiences. I highly, highly doubt you know many people with the arranged marriage route.

As for your comment about living with someone you don’t respect, I take the view that people in this country are far too quick to throw in the towel and call it quits. Issues on compromising (no, you don’t always have to be right. And yeah, you’re wrong). The lack of truly communicating. Early, and frequent. Far too many expect and take their rights, and fewer are willing to admit responsibilities that they have to bring to the table.

But unlike you, I can comment based on the people I fly with and their comments on their dating experiences. I highly, highly doubt you know many people with the arranged marriage route.

As for your comment about living with someone you don’t respect, I take the view that people in this country are far too quick to throw in the towel and call it quits. Issues on compromising (no, you don’t always have to be right. And yeah, you’re wrong). The lack of truly communicating. Early, and frequent. Far too many expect and take their rights, and fewer are willing to admit responsibilities that they have to bring to the table.
You're right. Other than you I don't know anyone who is involved in an arranged marriage. I can comment from some of the things I've seen on TV and read but I won't. Why do you suppose the majority of the Western World has decided to not follow that archaic practice? Women are property in this weird world you live in, you own your wife. She is the mother of your children and that's it. How can you assume what it means to actually love a woman for what she is as a person when the only woman, other than a relative, that you've ever known was basically a gift? I love women, you think they're property.

You're right. Other than you I don't know anyone who is involved in an arranged marriage. I can comment from some of the things I've seen on TV and read but I won't. Why do you suppose the majority of the Western World has decided to not follow that archaic practice? Women are property in this weird world you live in, you own your wife. She is the mother of your children and that's it. How can you assume what it means to actually love a woman for what she is as a person when the only woman, other than a relative, that you've ever known was basically a gift? I love women, you think they're property.
Presumptions not in evidence.

First you admit not being educated on a topic, then you make multiple statements that prove it. Bravo.

Presumptions not in evidence.

First you admit not being educated on a topic, then you make multiple statements that prove it. Bravo.
Why are you calling me out? I prefaced what I said by saying that neither he or I have any experience in each others lives. He thinks dating is dumb, I think the same about arranged marriages. How'd you meet your wife?

Back