international dxers accomodation

Do companies provide accomodation for dxers? I was wondering about this yesterday..I mean, if for istance I'd find a job oppurtunity in France, or Germany or elsewhere (therefore not my own country) , I'll have to pay the hotel by myself or they'll provide something cheap nearby the HUB?Or inside the airport? Something like the accomodation provided to pilots and attendants who fly long haul flights...

Am I dreaming?! :)

Not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean accommodation for interviews? It would be up to the individual company. In my experience, most don't, although they may help you get a discounted rate.

The only companies I have heard of actually providing a place for employees to live is companies in the UAE.

No.....You are on your own for that!!

I know in the UAE they do provide accommodations as Manniax pointed out..

Thanks to all! Therefore it works as I thought!

@ womanpilot : I mean accomodation provided to employees who work outside their own country.

Unrelated to accommodation, but related to working overseas...if you are a US citizen, your income up to a certain level that you earn overseas is tax-free. (A pretty high level, I think, well over $100K per year.) BUT, if you return to the US for more than 30 days per year, you lose this tax-free status. So, even though it would probably be fairly easy to make it back for more days than that, working for a carrier such as Ethiad or Cayman Island Airways or whoever, you really can't unless you want to pass along a big chunk of your earnings to Uncle Sam. Just something to consider for those trying to get work overseas.

Im not a US citizen in fact I've written in another thread that I wanted to know if there are more possibilities to find a job ,as a foreigner, if I stay to my uncle in CA; he has the residence, and I think, but Im not sure , that he has the double citizenship (swedish and american)...or maybe only the green card! He has been living in CA for almost 40 years..so my question is , would I have some chances to get a job in US if I have a good english level and a relative who is a US citizen ?That's the point..

maybe it is to early to think about this but , you know, its better to know everything beforewards.

Thanks in advance to everyone who might help me figuring out this point.

Back