IL-76 landing accident, Mali

I really thought he was taking off, not landing. Hot dang, my former LCP brain has a number of "debrief items".

I really thought he was taking off, not landing. Hot dang, my former LCP brain has a number of "debrief items".

I mean, this should be no surprise, but I am hearing that they do not care to hear your debrief items :)

Spoilers - deferred. Reversers - deferred. Brakes - well past their “best by” date.

Touchdown in the touchdown zone of the opposite runway? Send it, dudeski.

Flight Navigator ftw

Again I will repeat this because it’s still macabre and funny…

“Salutations and strasvicha to all our friends flying today. Please note this safety brief will proceed in flight beta max movie entertainment of home alone 2. We have great flight to Africa… probably Mail today. Please observe this safety briefing. For those on first flight in IL76 know you fly on historic aircraft. IL76 only airplane today flying on coal. So please disregard sooty black clouds coming from engine. Flight deck is very aware. Also please take in flight meal from pile located in middle of plane. With each meal is 1 bottle vodka. This will double as both drink and bathroom for remainder of flight. A word of caution, please avoid first officer Misha and plane dog….. this is same person. For those on their first time on airplane… Western aircraft are equipped with high cost computers susceptible to damage. Soviet designed aircraft utilize “bio computers” to perform flight computations. Dog will compute fuel check and interruption may effect final destination options. We thank you ahead of time for bringing whatever you did to serve as own flotation devices as seat cushions are destroyed from moths. Again we thank you for flying Aeroflot. We know you didn’t have choice, but we appreciate the fact you know we are all in this flights success or failure together.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back