Dad lets six year old land Citation…

That's a lot of assumptions. Until I have reason to believe this guy isn't just sharing cute moments and it's something more sinister, I think I'll just take them for cute moments, chuckle a bit, and move TF on.

Really only one assumption, but that is fair. That being said, I have very little faith in normal people being normal these days, when they are incentivized or influenced by social media. Probably not fair, you're probably right that this is innocent.....though either way, I would say dumb if he cares about having a certificate.

I mean. There was also the minor fact of relinquishing the PIC seat to children. And being out of your seat during the upset. The FO was about 5 ft tall, but with his seat full back, he couldn’t reach the yoke to push. Once it reached a level attitude momentarily, the PIC was able to get back in his seat. But the FO wasn’t pitching down and the airplane went straight vertical and stalled, spun.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4&pp=ygULQWVyZmxvdCA1OTM%3D

That sounded more like trying to catch a greased pig at the provincial fair

is that car seat legal to be in the front seat
Yes. The regulation states the car seat must be 1. In a forward facing seat, 2. Not blocking an emergency exit, 3. If manufactured after 1985 have the appropriate DOT sticker. It also should be properly sized for the child.

Yes. The regulation states the car seat must be 1. In a forward facing seat, 2. Not blocking an emergency exit, 3. If manufactured after 1985 have the appropriate DOT sticker. It also should be properly sized for the child.

Oh, I don’t disagree with you at all. Jus an example of an unnecessary conversation that might occur when uploading the video to the internets. It will be over scrutinized….

I just don’t see myself benefiting any way by sharing a video like this. As someone else mentioned earlier, not everything needs to be on the internet.

Was he bonkers back then too?
Extremely sane. Pleasant. Engaged. Serious and not a laugh-a-minute type but nice, humble'ish, cordial, and sane. Delightful wife much the same. You could tell they were religious but not oppressively so. Delightful people back then.

I don’t think it’s that simple, it’s really not that easy to make any significant amount of money on the tubes or the books. I think it has more to do with satisfying a deeply-rooted need for social connection when our modern lifestyle is so isolating.
Or just really proud of his kid, and how he is thinking her future might be,
and thirsty to show friends, family, and probably some strangers?

I don’t think it’s that simple, it’s really not that easy to make any significant amount of money on the tubes or the books. I think it has more to do with satisfying a deeply-rooted need for social connection when our modern lifestyle is so isolating.

Disagree. People see TubeBoob, Twatter or PikPok as the gateway to riches. Having a cute kid do cute/wacky stuff is a sure way to generate clicks to be the next trending item on the Chinese Surveillance Network.

This is no different than a parent pushing their kid into sports to vicariously live through them. Oh, yea, and the payday.

Disagree. People see TubeBoob, Twatter or PikPok as the gateway to riches. Having a cute kid do cute/wacky stuff is a sure way to generate clicks to be the next trending item on the Chinese Surveillance Network.

This is no different than a parent pushing their kid into sports to vicariously live through them. Oh, yea, and the payday.

One of the permanent fire contracts my fire rescue company has, in addition to airport fire rescue work, is we cover a short track asphalt racetrack at the fairgrounds here. One of the divisions that races here is quarter sprint cars, midget sprints, and junior nascar-style cars called bandoleros.

One evening, one of the cars wrecked into the wall during a race. Kid driving was 14 and wasn’t injured at all, but the car was crumpled enough that he couldn’t get out of it. So after ensuring it was fire-safe, we began an extrication operation, just to cut two collapsed bars off the roll cage so the kid could get out. Kid’s dad shows up from the pit area (shouldn’t be on the track, but he slipped past security), as we are getting set up for our cutting operation. We have everyone cleared away including the track cleanup people and tow truck people, because they aren’t in full fire gear. Dude comes up to the car and starts right into the kid. “Look what the F you’ve done! You know how much this F car costs?!?! This thing is worth 10 of you!…”. My partner told the guy to get the hell off of our scene…”but that’s MY F car!” Don’t give a damn…..this is our scene, and you either clear out, or you’ll be kicked out. Security finally shows up and is leading the guy away, and his last words were “…when they get you out of there, you ain’t coming home! Losers don’t have a place in my house!!!” Sheesh.

As I’m getting the kid covered up in a tarp just prior to beginning the cutting operation with the K12 saw that would be about a foot from his helmet, I tell him “hey kid, sorry about that. Totally unnecessary. We’ll have you out of here in no time.” The kid’s sigh-style response to me was “….it’s alright sir, that’s…..that’s just my daily life. Sorry you had to see my dad. I don’t even like racing these cars. Wish I was doing something else.”

One of the permanent fire contracts my fire rescue company has, in addition to airport fire rescue work, is we cover a short track asphalt racetrack at the fairgrounds here. One of the divisions that races here is quarter sprint cars, midget sprints, and junior nascar-style cars called bandoleros.

One evening, one of the cars wrecked into the wall during a race. Kid driving was 14 and wasn’t injured at all, but the car was crumpled enough that he couldn’t get out of it. So after ensuring it was fire-safe, we began an extrication operation, just to cut two collapsed bars off the roll cage so the kid could get out. Kid’s dad shows up from the pit area (shouldn’t be on the track, but he slipped past security), as we are getting set up for our cutting operation. We have everyone cleared away including the track cleanup people and tow truck people, because they aren’t in full fire gear. Dude comes up to the car and starts right into the kid. “Look what the F you’ve done! You know how much this F car costs?!?! This thing is worth 10 of you!…”. My partner told the guy to get the hell off of our scene…”but that’s MY F car!” Don’t give a damn…..this is our scene, and you either clear out, or you’ll be kicked out. Security finally shows up and is leading the guy away, and his last words were “…when they get you out of there, you ain’t coming home! Losers don’t have a place in my house!!!” Sheesh.

As I’m getting the kid covered up in a tarp just prior to beginning the cutting operation with the K12 saw that would be about a foot from his helmet, I tell him “hey kid, sorry about that. Totally unnecessary. We’ll have you out of here in no time.” The kid’s sigh-style response to me was “….it’s alright sir, that’s…..that’s just my daily life. Sorry you had to see my dad. I don’t even like racing these cars. Wish I was doing something else.”

Man I would call CPS on this •.

Man I would call CPS on this •.

It was sad to see, and worse to hear the resignation type of outlook the kid had. I believe one of the track personnel’s family member did report this to LE or the county CPS a little after it was going on. Totally unacceptable behavior by the dad.

Just an extreme example of parents who live vicariously through their kids, that I’ve personally witnessed.

Not much different than some of the kids I’ve instructed. At times it felt like over a hundred hours of dual given and the student just isn’t interested in it. It is very apparent that they don’t really want to fly, but one of the parents want them to, so here we are.

Back