If you're thinking about working at Atlas, check this out first...

Sounds like every single regional.

Right, but if I wanted that...I would have stayed there.

Amalgamation with Southern has HUGE potential to make this a terrible place to be. In today's market I'd go back to the regionals before I'd work at Southern or any other ACMI carrier. Our management wants to combine our contract, which should be better, with an absolutely terrible bankruptcy induced contract. The poo storm is just beginning.

I was planning on applying to Atlas this summer once I rounded out my resume, but with all this going on I'll just stand by. I had a friend from Southern and he told me to stay away. If they are going to combine the worst of both contracts, Atlas won't be the same place I was looking forward too a year ago.

For now there are enough long time regional CAs who are desperate to move on that Atlas still will have plenty of pilots. There are 4 from my shop on the way to class right now.

Right, but if I wanted that...I would have stayed there.

Amalgamation with Southern has HUGE potential to make this a terrible place to be. In today's market I'd go back to the regionals before I'd work at Southern or any other ACMI carrier. Our management wants to combine our contract, which should be better, with an absolutely terrible bankruptcy induced contract. The poo storm is just beginning.

I know dude, and it sucks, but all things being equal... the pay bump, type ratings, over water experience. Just another speed bump, keep the resume polished and on to something even better...

Which looks better? Regional PIC time or heavy long haul SIC time? This of course you fit the mold of legacy of your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YOUR career is extremely subjective.

Do what YOU think is best for YOU.

Everyones special get-hired-with-a-legacy sauce is NETWORKING not heavy SIC time or RJ PIC time.

I know dude, and it sucks, but all things being equal... the pay bump, type ratings, over water experience. Just another speed bump, keep the resume polished and on to something even better...

I've been here over 8 years. The last three (3) have had a rapidly decreasing QoL.

Profit sharing is down approximately 80%, with W2s staying flat or decreasing, but you have more min rest overnights to keep you from thinking about it.

I'd stay away until a vastly improved CBA is in place.

We live with this place every day, everything for pilots is a downhill vector right now with no upside in sight.

Which looks better? Regional PIC time or heavy long haul SIC time? This of course you fit the mold of legacy of your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2 cents is that being able to get through training without failures at a place like Atlas (using the word 'training' loosely sense there isn't any real training here) will at least boost your confidence to sell yourself and prove that you are extremely trainable and won't cost a future employer any extra training costs.

But I wouldn't go to Atlas if anyone is considering it.

if you're already at a regional I'd stay and become a captain there before trying ACMI FO. I'd apply for check airmen positions or apply to committees as well.

Really depends on which regional you're at...

At one for about 3 years and looking at an upgrade within the next 6 months? Yup, stick around.

At one for over 8 years and looking at an upgrade - maybe - in the next 24 months? Uh...

Add to the fact that check airmen jobs just aren't handed out and if there is no legitimate movement then there are no check airmen openings.

Meh.

#InBeforeOurResidentExpressJetCheerleaderTellsMeUpgradeWillBeByTheEndOfTheYear

In the Air Force I use my company jepp subscription to print off dash 9s all the time, and snag other charts that we don't have access to. All the airline guys in the squadron do.
Off topic, but everyone with a .mil email address can get a Jeppesen login because NGA paid for a DoD-wide subscription. It sounds like it isn't well advertised.

Either way, resorting to Google Maps is pretty hardcore in my book.

YOUR career is extremely subjective.

Do what YOU think is best for YOU.

Everyones special get-hired-with-a-legacy sauce is NETWORKING not heavy SIC time or RJ PIC time.

It's been my experience that after some of the bare minimums and an ATP, the type of flight time in your logbook doesn't really seem to matter at all. There are guys with King Air time only are going to Majors and guys with RJ PIC time are stuck in regional purgatory. It's about "who ya know" not really about your experience after a certain point. Guys with 1000 MTPIC? Dime a dozen. Guys with 121 time - hell 121 PIC Jet? Can't swing a dead cat without hitting 10 of em'. Nah, it's networking, and getting past HR - that's about all I can see from the outside looking in.

Off topic, but everyone with a .mil email address can get a Jeppesen login because NGA paid for a DoD-wide subscription. It sounds like it isn't well advertised.

Either way, resorting to Google Maps is pretty hardcore in my book.

Of course it's not advertised. Why would it be?

The DoD is about the last organization I would expect to build internal awareness of a program, process, or benefit. Don't even get me going on the DotAF.

Back