If you're thinking about working at Atlas, check this out first...

I'm not saying that's how it works. I'm saying they can afford it.

The company is beyond prosperous. They're better than "doing ok". When you have enough money to pay for a settlement and purchase an airline, all with cash in the same year, there isn't a question of whether you can take care of your employees AND still take care of the interests of the shareholders. The company can afford to grow WITH their employees. And not take the path they are currently taking and have taken in the past with these draconian Larenzo tactics... But then again when has Atlas management ever not used Larenzo tactics.

They did both those things to reduce their profit to give them a stronger negotiation position for gutting the current CBA.

I can confirm this. I think at one point I saw a tumbleweed blow by their table. I'd say there were only about 20-30 people in Atlas' hiring briefing (I just poked my head in out of curiosity). There were a few Atlas pilots(?) walking around and handing out pieces of paper that showed the disparity between them and other operators. All I have to say is good luck to you guys. Looks like you have a lot of work ahead!

JB was busier than SW in terms of people lining up to see them at their booths. I don't even think there was a line at SW, at least none that I saw. American, Delta and United were all seeing people at their booths and taking resumes, so not really sure what all the fuss about the fast passes was? They may have just wanted to cut down on the wait times. Or maybe the fast pass got you more face time? Hell, Alaska was taking walk-ups at their FP tent. I felt bad for those that decided to not go based on not getting a FP.
my buddy that is at Atlas said that all the pilots at WIA helping out were management pilots and no line pilot was participating.

my buddy that is at Atlas said that all the pilots at WIA helping out were management pilots and no line pilot was participating.
I don't even think they were pilots. As far as I know, Atlas is the only company at WIA without a single pilot representing the company. That's embarrassing. For the company, that is.

I don't even think they were pilots. As far as I know, Atlas is the only company at WIA without a single pilot representing the company. That's embarrassing. For the company, that is.
I read Scott Anderson was the one doing the presentation.

I read Scott Anderson was the one doing the presentation.
Thats true. He tried to empathize with the pilots and told the crowd that he knows that Atlas has issues and can do better with the contract. He also has zero power when it comes to deciding what the pilots get. This is 100% up to Bill Flynn. So take what he says with a grain of salt.

Thats true. He tried to empathize with the pilots and told the crowd that he knows that Atlas has issues and can do better with the contract. He also has zero power when it comes to deciding what the pilots get. This is 100% up to Bill Flynn. So take what he says with a grain of salt.
Yea I am very new but he seems like a good guy who really does care, talking to a few guys on the EXCO only few guys in managment are out of touch with reality the bad news it is the few guys at the very top of the food chain.

Fatigue calls and planes not moving is all that will get their attention. My Union was most unified when we worked under the worst conditions. A unified pilot group can accomplish great things but there will be some personal sacrifice along the way. You need to get smart leaders who aren't afraid of the gorilla and attorneys who know the biz. Best of luck.

Fatigue calls and planes not moving is all that will get their attention. My Union was most unified when we worked under the worst conditions. A unified pilot group can accomplish great things but there will be some personal sacrifice along the way. You need to get smart leaders who aren't afraid of the GORILLA and ATTORNEYS who know the biz. Best of luck.

New Sitcom for the "Always Sunny", "Arrested Development", and "Better Call Saul" (or maybe just SNL) writers guild to get crackin' on...
"Gorilla Lawyer".
Lot's of slapstick with unlimited potential for epic irony and deadpan.

And just BTW, did you mean smart leaders who know the biz and who aren't afraid of the G and As? Or did you mean what smart leaders (who may or may not know the biz) who aren't afraid of the G and As who do?

I am new and most of my info is from what CAs have told me, but Atlas right now is a great example of how a company can go from OK working towards great to ASS in a few months thanks to a few out of touch upper management people.
To make a very long story short as it has been told to me

Happens every day. In lots of industries.
This is why people are rallying behind Donald Trump.
Unfortunately, yeah, he IS that out-of-touch upper management.
It also says a lot about the evangelicals who are flocking to him. Guess they're not really reading their good ol' book, huh? I distinctly recall Chezus saying things about being wary of false preachers... in numerous places.
One of my faves (nope, not a Thumper, just a literary guy) is:
Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions"

It also says a lot about the evangelicals who are flocking to him. Guess they're not really reading their good ol' book, huh? I distinctly recall Chezus saying things about being wary of false preachers... in numerous places.
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions"
I'm crossing my fingers that your post doesn't lead this thread into the direction you're angling for it to...

There's a pretty strong evangelical movement against Trump. At least if the social media feeds I see are any indication.

They did both those things to reduce their profit to give them a stronger negotiation position for gutting the current CBA.

In the press releases, they stated that the transaction would be accretive immediately. That means the net income (profit) would be higher in 2016 because of the transaction, not lower.

In general, though, businesses plan compensation costs against future revenues, and never retained earnings.

I have nothing intelligent to contribute but I saw my name so...... hi!

oh-hai.jpg

So essentially the same issue at literally ever single airline. I could deal with the same thing for regional pay, or deal with the same thing for 225% of what I make at the regional.
First thing is pay isn't 225% of regional pay, second when was the last time you had to fly to a Lat/Long and use a color print out of Google maps as your -9 page at a regional?

Back