If you're thinking about working at Atlas, check this out first...

I'm not saying that's how it works. I'm saying they can afford it.

The company is beyond prosperous. They're better than "doing ok". When you have enough money to pay for a settlement and purchase an airline, all with cash in the same year, there isn't a question of whether you can take care of your employees AND still take care of the interests of the shareholders. The company can afford to grow WITH their employees. And not take the path they are currently taking and have taken in the past with these draconian Larenzo tactics... But then again when has Atlas management ever not used Larenzo tactics.
No doubt they can improve the compensation package for employees. What I always hate is when an employee says "take all the free cash reserves in the bank and divide it among us."

I think I am definitely gonna wait and see how the dust settles. Atlas currently is at the top of my list, but even still I want to wait and see.

Nope, it isn't. Sadly it has a very similar model. A union at a company built primarily on contract work will always have to fight tooth and nail for

In this case you're assuming a false correlation. While the majority of the money is made under similar agreements, this airline is extremely profitable, with margins no regional ever saw.

No doubt they can improve the compensation package for employees. What I always hate is when an employee says "take all the free cash reserves in the bank and divide it among us."

While I understand what you're saying, it's not just the profits. They can still pay us industry standard pay (United, Delta, AA and so forth) with good work rules and still will be one of the most profitable airlines (% wise) in the business. Feel free to do a quick perusal on their finances.

While I understand what you're saying, it's not just the profits. They can still pay us industry standard pay (United, Delta, AA and so forth) with good work rules and still will be one of the most profitable airlines (% wise) in the business. Feel free to do a quick perusal on their finances.
I agree with you guys on receiving more. I was objecting to the 'cut us a check of cash reserves' comment.

Just saw on another board that someone described their table at WIA was a "ghost town."

He also said JB was dead and it was really easy to walk up to SWA without a Fastpass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad.....

......though I'm too old to ever make it, this would have been the type of flying / place I would have liked to work

Wow those crew meal pictures are scary. I guess things have changed a lot. I've flown with a couple of ex Atlas guys here, and they generally had good things to say about the company. I remember one of them telling me how much he misses the food, and how good it was.

Just saw on another board that someone described their table at WIA was a "ghost town."

He also said JB was dead and it was really easy to walk up to SWA without a Fastpass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can confirm this. I think at one point I saw a tumbleweed blow by their table. I'd say there were only about 20-30 people in Atlas' hiring briefing (I just poked my head in out of curiosity). There were a few Atlas pilots(?) walking around and handing out pieces of paper that showed the disparity between them and other operators. All I have to say is good luck to you guys. Looks like you have a lot of work ahead!

JB was busier than SW in terms of people lining up to see them at their booths. I don't even think there was a line at SW, at least none that I saw. American, Delta and United were all seeing people at their booths and taking resumes, so not really sure what all the fuss about the fast passes was? They may have just wanted to cut down on the wait times. Or maybe the fast pass got you more face time? Hell, Alaska was taking walk-ups at their FP tent. I felt bad for those that decided to not go based on not getting a FP.

Interesting. I know Atlas has been a hot ticket for many XJTers of late. Can't really gauge from new hires the situation.

I can confirm this. I think at one point I saw a tumbleweed blow by their table. I'd say there were only about 20-30 people in Atlas' hiring briefing (I just poked my head in out of curiosity). There were a few Atlas pilots(?) walking around and handing out pieces of paper that showed the disparity between them and other operators. All I have to say is good luck to you guys. Looks like you have a lot of work ahead!

JB was busier than SW in terms of people lining up to see them at their booths. I don't even think there was a line at SW, at least none that I saw. American, Delta and United were all seeing people at their booths and taking resumes, so not really sure what all the fuss about the fast passes was? They may have just wanted to cut down on the wait times. Or maybe the fast pass got you more face time? Hell, Alaska was taking walk-ups at their FP tent. I felt bad for those that decided to not go based on not getting a FP.

Southwest was not doing fast passes in direct violation of the agreement with WAI. They were told to stop allowing people to walk up. However, SWA fixed it by essentially telling them that they "paid to sponsor the event we will do what we want." Obviously not a direct quote but it was close.

Interesting. I know Atlas has been a hot ticket for many XJTers of late. Can't really gauge from new hires the situation.
Depends on when you were hired. If you were hired before the company pulled the rug out from under us by running the same 'merger during negotiations' play that they ran last contract, then you were duped. If you are hired after that, then you know what you are getting yourself into. At least, you should.

Back