ICT - C500 down

Well, Lear had to certify the aircraft by doing it in real life, and if the airplane rolled upside down and lost several thousand feet, I can tell you with a large amount of confidence that the plane would probably not be certified in that configuration.

I would seriously love to see the video though it sounds very interesting.
Yeah, what I'm refering to is a "real life" test. It did roll and drop and it did get certified in that very same configuration.
What they had to show the FFA (or FAA, I still get them confused) is what the plane would do, that the condition was recoverable, how to recover, and training necessary for a recovery. From these test came the training you received in the sim. However, even after having seen the videos, I think I would have my hands full.

I talked with a Cessna rep about inadvertent TR deployments during flight. He told me "if" it were to happen (which it hasn't yet... the worst being an unlock light in cruise so far) that it was very possible for the aircraft to depart controlled flight. It was just a thought... old airplane tied in with a high G loading event could rip darn near anything off...
I would say very probable.....

Well they certainly don't have a history of which I'm aware of shedding wingy-parts. That said, this was a pretty old one, so maybe it's the tip of the iceberg?

Tip of what kind of iceberg? The jump plane that went down a coupled days ago in Belgium now also appears to have lost a "wingy-part" shortly after departure. Hmmm?

No, but it isn't pushing 80 years old, experimental, and running engines to which it wasn't designed for, nor a seaplane put through the stresses of thousands of water landings and abuse. Oh and is there a previous case of a business jet randomly shedding a wing?
But, if it had a tug run spanwise along the wing, or got other damage which wasn't repaired properly (see: China Airlines 611, among others) it is certainly possible. Oh well. I guess we will see. But it any time you deal with in flight breakup, especially on a type with no prior history of it, it does make one wonder.

Speaking of tinfoil helmets... In other news, anyone seen this?
WOW. That's some serious tin foil hat wearing. Well I guess since Bill Lear's son says it's an inside job, well, case closed. After he listed all his flying accomplishments, I didn't see the part where he listed his "medical, structural eng, coroner, explosive/demo eng. blood spatter expert," experience. Weird. But because he's flown a 767 (though no sign of a type in it, unless it's some weird code that I'm not aware of) he must know how they crash. He's also claiming 23 type ratings, maybe he's including all the variants of the LR-Jet. Like guys who list all the models on their résumé though they've only flown a Lear 35. Why do I even care enough to type this. Gimme that tin foil, I need to fashion a cap. :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Here's what's on his airman registry.

Personal Information
JOHN OLSEN LEAR

1414 N HOLLYWOOD BLVD
LAS VEGAS NV 89110-2006
County: CLARK
Medical
Medical Class: First, Medical Date: 1/2003
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.
Certificates
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT•FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR•GROUND INSTRUCTOR•FLIGHT ENGINEER•MECHANIC•CONTROL TOWER OPERATOR•SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER•AIRCRAFT DISPATCHER•FLIGHT NAVIGATOR
Date of Issue: 6/28/2010
Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT Print
Ratings:
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE SEA
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE SEA
ROTORCRAFT HELICOPTER AND GYROPLANE
GLIDER
PRIVATE PRIVILEGES
LIGHTER-THAN-AIR BALLOON

Type Ratings:
A/B-707A/B-720A/B-727A/CV-240A/CV-340
A/CV-440A/DC-3A/DC-8A/DC-B26A/G-159
A/HS-125A/L-1011A/L-1049A/LR-JETC/B-17
C/FO-5C/G-TBMC/L-18C/L-P38C/M-202
C/M-404C/N-B25

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.
B-B17 M-202 M-404 FO-5 (VFR ONLY).

20 series Lears literally have a fighters wing, as in it was sourced from a fighter. You'd be hard pressed to break a Lear.
Don't forget all the tip tanks they've replaced from Dutch rolls on final. There used to be a huge pile next to one of the lacy hangar's. They'd swap em out and keep on trucking. If it can survive all the fng FO's they put through, you're not going to pull a wing off with out trying reeeaaal hard.

Don't forget all the tip tanks they've replaced from Dutch rolls on final. There used to be a huge pile next to one of the lacy hangar's. They'd swap em out and keep on trucking. If it can survive all the fng FO's they put through, you're not going to pull a wing off with out trying reeeaaal hard.

All those fng-s probably forgot to balance the tips. Rookie shot, but... it has happened to more experienced guys too. In some cases, it was those guys' last experience.

WOW. That's some serious tin foil hat wearing. Well I guess since Bill Lear's son says it's an inside job, well, case closed. After he listed all his flying accomplishments, I didn't see the part where he listed his "medical, structural eng, coroner, explosive/demo eng. blood spatter expert," experience. Weird. But because he's flown a 767 (though no sign of a type in it, unless it's some weird code that I'm not aware of) he must know how they crash. He's also claiming 23 type ratings, maybe he's including all the variants of the LR-Jet. Like guys who list all the models on their résumé though they've only flown a Lear 35. Why do I even care enough to type this. Gimme that tin foil, I need to fashion a cap. :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Here's what's on his airman registry.

Personal Information
JOHN OLSEN LEAR

1414 N HOLLYWOOD BLVD
LAS VEGAS NV 89110-2006
County: CLARK
Medical
Medical Class: First, Medical Date: 1/2003
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.
Certificates
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT•FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR•GROUND INSTRUCTOR•FLIGHT ENGINEER•MECHANIC•CONTROL TOWER OPERATOR•SENIOR PARACHUTE RIGGER•AIRCRAFT DISPATCHER•FLIGHT NAVIGATOR
Date of Issue: 6/28/2010
Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT Print
Ratings:
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE SEA
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE SEA
ROTORCRAFT HELICOPTER AND GYROPLANE
GLIDER
PRIVATE PRIVILEGES
LIGHTER-THAN-AIR BALLOON

Type Ratings:
A/B-707A/B-720A/B-727A/CV-240A/CV-340
A/CV-440A/DC-3A/DC-8A/DC-B26A/G-159
A/HS-125A/L-1011A/L-1049A/LR-JETC/B-17
C/FO-5C/G-TBMC/L-18C/L-P38C/M-202
C/M-404C/N-B25

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.
B-B17 M-202 M-404 FO-5 (VFR ONLY).

Well, he's ENGLISH PROFICIENT. For jeSUS sake, that must mean something!

Well, he's ENGLISH PROFICIENT. For jeSUS sake, that must mean something!

Well, it USED TO, anyway. Harumph! What, hmm? What is this world coming to, anyway? Horseless carriages, Knights of the Garter accosted on public roads. Unionism, forsooth! UNIONISM, I tell you, sir! It's hellbound and no pitch too hot! The world turned upside down! Oh, dear me.

Well, it USED TO, anyway. Harumph! What, hmm? What is this world coming to, anyway? Horseless carriages, Knights of the Garter accosted on public roads. Unionism, forsooth! UNIONISM, I tell you, sir! It's hellbound and no pitch too hot! The world turned upside down! Oh, dear me.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre is missing;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Back