ICT - C500 down

Yeah I think it's based at SUS. Everyone I've talked to says she's a 100% four letter word that begins with "c", too.

With a capital C. She was never a pleasant one to deal with, though thankfully she rarely deemed it necessary to interact with the lowly people responsible for fueling and loading her plane. In the years since I worked at the FBO her plane was based at she has since upgraded from a Challenger 600 to a G-IV.

I'm going to go with structural failure on this one. If the aircraft was found which parts scattered on the ground, including the wing was found 1 mile away from the center of the crash it would only be logical. I go back to the Columbia accident when the heated tiles made the aircraft break into pieces.

i'm not defending the guy, because if I ever have to put one more drop of Jet A in Benny Hinn's G-V I'll kill him, but sometimes it does make sense for a church pastor to fly around in a business jet.

It did make sense for this guy. He was travelling around curing peoples cancer* in exchange for donations, so the more people he could reach, the more money he could make for good causes like, erm, stuff.

*Results may vary.

This is blowing my mind. We all know that random reports from people on the ground can be totally bogus, but finding the wing 1.5 miles away is chilling. I will refer to my first comment, what in the hell happened!? I can't imagine anything other than a severe thunderstorm, or extreme turbulence, being strong enough to rip a Citation wing off... My guess is you would be hard pressed to over G one to the point of catastrophic structural failure.
I'm interested in hearing about the history of this forty year-old plane.

Yeah I think it's based at SUS. Everyone I've talked to says she's a 100% four letter word that begins with "c", too. The notion that it's cheaper to blast around the country in a Challenger than fly cattlecar class is, frankly, farsical.
In some cases, yes, I agree with your statement. But I still believe it is justified in some cases. I'm not religulous, so I'm not defending her because of that.
I couldn't attest to how friendly, or un, she is... never met the lady. She used to be a heroin junky, so I could see her being preachy... pun intended.

But I still believe it is justified in some cases. I'm not religulous, so I'm not defending her because of that.

A mid-time, mid-age 604 is, what, about a $9 million investment. So service the debt on that. Then pay for the 350 gallons of fuel you burn every hour. And taxes. And ramp fees. And MX. The thing typically carries 12 in the back, I think. You do the math.

Is it more convenient? Obviously. Is it "cheaper"? Ludicrous. Laughable. Terrifying and sad that there are people who hear someone make this claim and somehow just nod their heads and say "well, yeah, that makes sense". It's bad enough that we're still beholden to medieval superstition, but that's pretty harmless next to being totally, pathetically innumerate (not to mention gullible).

I met one preacher who tooled around in a nice, newish A36. I thought his offering plates were more like wheelbarrows.

I met another who flew in to drop off a driver who was going to drive a "new" church bus home. His ride was an Apache. Both the plane and the bus looked very original. I think he was a true believer and felt anything that happened would be an act of God.

FWIW one of pilots for that "nice lady" flies his own plane (a Bonanza) from St Joe to SUS. Maybe she pays very well?

Yeah I think it's based at SUS. Everyone I've talked to says she's a 100% four letter word that begins with "c", too. The notion that it's cheaper to blast around the country in a Challenger than fly cattlecar class is, frankly, farsical.

When I saw only one Px exit Trinity Broadcasting's bad boy pictured below on the ramp at SNA, the first word I uttered was, "Jesus!"
And I was correct.
The Jesus Brand is Global these days. So, apparently, is his aircraft.
Preacher Plane.jpg

I'm interested in hearing about the history of this forty year-old plane.
I do know there was weather and icing in the area (not saying either were contributors). I think we'll find some shady MX in this plane's past.

I'm going to go with structural failure on this one. If the aircraft was found which parts scattered on the ground, including the wing was found 1 mile away from the center of the crash it would only be logical. I go back to the Columbia accident when the heated tiles made the aircraft break into pieces.
A stall, neg G, with spin can snap off a wing. Also don't think heat on the tiles caused the Columbia destruction!

Last edited:
A mid-time, mid-age 604 is, what, about a $9 million investment. So service the debt on that. Then pay for the 350 gallons of fuel you burn every hour. And taxes. And ramp fees. And MX. The thing typically carries 12 in the back, I think. You do the math.

Is it more convenient? Obviously. Is it "cheaper"? Ludicrous. Laughable. Terrifying and sad that there are people who hear someone make this claim and somehow just nod their heads and say "well, yeah, that makes sense". It's bad enough that we're still beholden to medieval superstition, but that's pretty harmless next to being totally, pathetically innumerate (not to mention gullible).

Same deal with Angley's 747SP that Castle Aviation runs out of CAK. For how much it sits around up there I'd figure flying commercial (or even a NetJets account) would be cheaper.

A stall, neg G, with spin can snap off a wing. Also heat on the tiles caused the Columbia destruction!

This is what I was thinking. Negative G. Maybe someone came.up front and knocked.the yoke? Who knows. But for a wing to come off in flight is some serious (redacted).

I hear an unconfirmed "rumor" a wing skin issue had this plane grounded for a while (loss of AW). My guess is they were able to find a mechanic willing to give it a thumbs up as is rather than replace the skin.

A little ice build up, followed by wing flutter on a questionable wing equals…
Of course, I could be wrong

I hear an unconfirmed "rumor" a wing skin issue had this plane grounded for a while (loss of AW). My guess is they were able to find a mechanic willing to give it a thumbs up as is rather than replace the skin.

A little ice build up, followed by wing flutter on a questionable wing equals…
Of course, I could be wrong
I always worry when I see an old ramp queen that's been sitting for years go to the paint shop instead of the mx hangar.

Of course, I wasn't talking about this case.
There are some great deals on old bizjets, but some have some suspect pedigrees. A little paint and leather and good as new, right?
Oh, of course not!
But I think you'll find you're pretty darn close here. Shhh…

Back