ICT - C500 down

The Citation is a robust airplane, but these are getting to be really old planes now, especially the Citation I. One of the last planes I flew for my old 135 was a Citation II, about a 1982 vintage. About 9000 hours total time. The last flight I did was to a Citation service center for a major check. Last I heard, they had found corrosion that to fix, would have been about $350,000.

That's about what the airframe is worth, including the top shelf booze the owner stocked but minus the engines. Did I mention it had a fuel "seep" for the past 3 months before it went? Jet A and Prist aren't at all corrosive...

I feel kind of bad for the people on board. Last I looked, no deity is certified A&P, so put your faith in a real one. OK, that's stretching it, but any "church" that can charter let alone operate even a CE-500 I feel isn't really doing Gods work.

Same deal with Angley's 747SP that Castle Aviation runs out of CAK. For how much it sits around up there I'd figure flying commercial (or even a NetJets account) would be cheaper.
At least that crazy old bastard uses it for some humanitarian work.

I used to watch him as a kid. "Let them deaf spirits come out!!! Bay-bee, Bay-bee, Ahhhh-men, Ahhhh-men."

When I saw only one Px exit Trinity Broadcasting's bad boy pictured below on the ramp at SNA, the first word I uttered was, "Jesus!"
And I was correct

No one said the Second Coming had to be jumping out from behind a rock in tevas and a housecoat, did they? ;)

The Citation is a robust airplane, but these are getting to be really old planes now, especially the Citation I. One of the last planes I flew for my old 135 was a Citation II, about a 1982 vintage. About 9000 hours total time. The last flight I did was to a Citation service center for a major check. Last I heard, they had found corrosion that to fix, would have been about $350,000.

That's about what the airframe is worth, including the top shelf booze the owner stocked but minus the engines. Did I mention it had a fuel "seep" for the past 3 months before it went? Jet A and Prist aren't at all corrosive...

I feel kind of bad for the people on board. Last I looked, no deity is certified A&P, so put your faith in a real one. OK, that's stretching it, but any "church" that can charter let alone operate even a CE-500 I feel isn't really doing Gods work.
The last Lear 35 I flew about 5 years ago had 28k hours and was 1972 vintage.

Did I mention it had a fuel "seep" for the past 3 months before it went? Jet A and Prist aren't at all corrosive...
This reads like sarcasm, but if it is, you're wrong. Jet A is not remotely corrosive. Don't know about prist but I would suspect its not either.

This reads like sarcasm, but if it is, you're wrong. Jet A is not remotely corrosive. Don't know about prist but I would suspect its not either.
Diluted in fuel, its corrosive properties are probably trivial. At full strength, it can damage aluminum pretty quickly.

well hell iam gonna speculate......RUNAWAY TRIM RUNAWAY TRIM RUNAWAY TRIM...................................ELECTRIC TRIM IS THE DEVILLLLLLL!!!!

don't think it had TRs, at least the picture I saw that was suppose to be the A/C didn't have TRs

What about an un-commanded TR deployment with the emergency stow being inop?

Go to idle or shut it down, it doesn't rip a wing off...
Have you ever been flying and get an extended TR or seen a video of this? It is one crazy, instant roll ride! Mute point here as the plane wasn't equipped.
Reg is N610ED. FlightAware shows flight track and weather. I was in NW AR this same day and picked up a lot of ice in the descent [not stating it's a factor here]

The drink I'm putting out on the table supports questionable maintenance on the wing itself.

Back