HOT!!!

Lafelx,

I did read the entire thread and am aware that around page 2 or 3 it was stated that the hold is for terminal/tracon applicants, however some people might not read that far, and read like 1/2 dozen posts and freak out.

Fwiw, it took 5 months between receiving my TOL and FOL, so I obv waited quite a while, even though I was given confirmation my clearances were issued approx 3 weeks after completing the SF86 and my medical exam.
I think they make you wait on purpose to see if you really care enough to actually want the position. Just my .02.

I attended the Memphis PEPC on Tuesday July 22nd for enroute applicants and was told to expect our class date in January 2009. I guess they must be holding out. We were told we were the first class of FY09 and our class dates could move up to as early as October, but they seemed to think January was more realistic. Needless to say I was disappointed. I was hoping for August 19th and expecting October. Now I guess I will be waiting a few months assuming I get an FOL.

I was at MEM PEPC on Tuesday July 22nd too. The lady who briefed us on the activities of the day also mentioned that they have hired 2,000 ATC this year.

SoCal23]I did read the entire thread and am aware that around page 2 or 3 it was stated that the hold is for terminal/tracon applicants said:
Alrighty then... due to the fact that there are a lot of newbies who seem to be too lazy to read through a thread or use the search function on this forum, I shall spare us all the time of reading useless posts and quote myself... [/COLOR][/B]

The word I got from HR today was that this "freeze" was only in regards to Terminal/TRACON applicants. Those of us that are En Route are not affected by it... and on a positive side, I was told also that the classes in OKC are determined by the facility you are going to... FOR INSTANCE, if ZBW was budgted to take 75 new hires this year, and as of the NYC PEPC, they had already hired and were training 74, then only one person, the most qualified, would get to go to OKC this fiscal year, and then they are at the max number of people they can take on for the year. Everyone else will then have to wait until Oct 1 before you can plan on OKC. BUT, say that ZFW was allotted to take 100 and as of the NYC PEPC they had only hired 70, then that means there are still 30 spots open for this fiscal year for that facility, and so that means that they will pick people to go to OKC this year, and everyone else will be after Oct 1.

Just because there's the "budget crisis" right now, doesn't mean the whole budget has been used... remember, most companies (government included) have budgets by FACILITY or LOCATION, on top of being an intenty in itself, and there are some En Route facilities that still have room in their budget for new hires. So, there is still a shot for those of us who are En Route to get to OKC before Sept 30.... only bad thing is I wasn't able to get out of her what ARTCC's were still taking new hires for this current fiscal year :banghead:

Any questions? :)

I just think at this point in the process, we should all be happy for how far we've made it, and just sit back and enjoy it. After all, we did apply for a government job isn't their slogan 'hurry and wait' ? :drool:

As patiently as we are all waiting... it almost makes you feel like a 14 year old anticipating when he's going to lose his virginity!

Alrighty then... due to the fact that there are a lot of newbies who seem to be too lazy to read through a thread or use the search function on this forum, I shall spare us all the time of reading useless posts and quote myself...

Funding for the academy is not done by location. MMAS pays for all the training that goes there. Local funding is for incidental training. So it's one pool of money for ATC trainees.

I'm 100% sure. I personally account for training expeditures at my facility.

Funding for the academy is not done by location. MMAS pays for all the training that goes there. Local funding is for incidental training. So it's one pool of money for ATC trainees.

I'm 100% sure. I personally account for training expeditures at my facility.

I never said that the facility pays for training while trainees are in OKC, did I? I said the classes are DETERMINED by the facility when you go to OKC, I never said that those facilities pay for your training down there. I was specifically talking about when trainees get to their assigned facility. If the facility isn't able to train someone because they are out of money, then they aren't going to send that person to OKC for 4 months only to have them sit on their a** after they pass the MMAC, at home waiting for their facility to get more cash so they can take those months and finally put them to use. Therefore, if your facility doesn't have the cash to pay you, then they aren't even going to both to send you to OKC until they do- whether the MMAC has the funding to train you or not!

.... next time before you go trying to correct me or anyone else on this board who actually know what they're talking about, make sure you double read, and since you're in "newbie" status... TRIPLE READ the post. I wouldn't correct any of us publicly in the forum because chances are you'll end up pissing someone off, and you don't want to sound like an idiot to those of us who have been around.
792_computer_kicking_smiley.gif

We're not going to post stuff that's inaccurate because *MOST* of us usually have taken the time to gather the information and want pass it along to the rest of you to help you all through the hiring process that we are/were going through. Also, chances are that before we post important stuff, like what I did, we have talked to a credible source or sources (such as someone that works in HR, works in Payroll, and also the Facility Manager at the location they/me is going to), and are passing along what they said to help clear things up.

BTW- welcome to the top of my #### list!
zbs763.gif

I never said that the facility pays for training while trainees are in OKC, did I? I said the classes are DETERMINED by the facility when you go to OKC, I never said that those facilities pay for your training down there. I was specifically talking about when trainees get to their assigned facility. If the facility isn't able to train someone because they are out of money, then they aren't going to send that person to OKC for 4 months only to have them sit on their a** after they pass the MMAC, at home waiting for their facility to get more cash so they can take those months and finally put them to use. Therefore, if your facility doesn't have the cash to pay you, then they aren't even going to both to send you to OKC until they do- whether the MMAC has the funding to train you or not!

.... next time before you go trying to correct me or anyone else on this board who actually know what they're talking about, make sure you double read, and since you're in "newbie" status... TRIPLE READ the post. I wouldn't correct any of us publicly in the forum because chances are you'll end up pissing someone off, and you don't want to sound like an idiot to those of us who have been around.
792_computer_kicking_smiley.gif

We're not going to post stuff that's inaccurate because *MOST* of us usually have taken the time to gather the information and want pass it along to the rest of you to help you all through the hiring process that we are/were going through. Also, chances are that before we post important stuff, like what I did, we have talked to a credible source or sources (such as someone that works in HR, works in Payroll, and also the Facility Manager at the location they/me is going to), and are passing along what they said to help clear things up.

BTW- welcome to the top of my #### list!
zbs763.gif

I'm not going to get into a flame war with you here, but before you go on a little rant you should check who you're talking to.

Titles on this forum are absolutely meaningless. You can have "ZOMG SUPERSTAR" as your title, and it's nothing. 75% of the information on this board is speculative, either by the applicant, the HR rep, or the facility manager.. that is if it was even actually verified. I (was) trying to correct your assumptions about training and how you seem to know how its funded. I'm in a unique position to know, because I process training to OKC every day, at least as far as to say that we don't if the person is there. The facility doesn't know anything about the cost, the logistics, or whatever when they send someone to OKC. And they certainly don't care either. It's a separate accounting code altogether, and either the student is authorized to attend or they are not. The decision is not made locally. MMAC makes the call. There have been new controllers show up to the facility with 0 prior knowledge on the part of the facility hat they were even in the pipeline. They were selected, trained, dispatched with 0 information sent to the facility.

To address your point specifically, training at the facility itself also has nothing to do with cash. It has to do with manpower, operations, and time. Sure you could be cooling your heels waiting to train at your facility, but often its because there is either no equipment for you to train on, or not a person who can conduct it. Budget is irrelevant. The point that I was trying to make is that OKC might be (and probably is) completely out of money for training, and how the status of the individual facility's finances have ZERO correlation.

You can think what you want, and I am no way an absolute expert on anything regarding the FAA, but I can tell you first hand the way things go down in the field. If your "Junior Member" status on the internetz makes you a cooler kid or lets you know more about how things really work then we're really going to gain an asset when you come calling to your facility.

So call me a newbie again, sweetheart. It brightens my day.

**edit**

Just to illustrate what I'm talking about, there isn't even a CODE in the facility budget for training. It does not exist. Even if I wanted to show in the budget we were spending money for training, it couldn't be done. The system can't register it.

Alrighty then... due to the fact that there are a lot of newbies who seem to be too lazy to read through a thread or use the search function on this forum, I shall spare us all the time of reading useless posts and quote myself...

You know...its wierd. I just posted something similar with a "STICKY" request, and there are some out there who thought it was a bad idea.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-traffic-control/70132-new-people-check-this-thread-out.html

Next thing you know, part of the applicant review process is going to be reviewing posts made on 'jetcareers forums'.

Some people seem wayyyy to stressed/fired up about this whole process. Like I said, RELAX we all made it this far, getting to OKC is out of our hands for the most part, and one day we might all be handing planes off to each other.

[

Odd how someone can write so much criticism about nothing.[/quote]

Seems to be a popular hobby on this site.

KindaRadley must be on PMS ....:D

Odd how someone can write so much criticism about nothing.

Yea... I think I took one of my fiancé's birth control pills by accident instead of an aspirin! :)

FS1 said:
I'm not going to get into a flame war with you here, but before you go on a little rant you should check who you're talking to.

And I say the same thing back to you. Only thing is, I know how this works. My qualification is my father- he has one of the highest security clearances in the country, he knows the government better than he knows his own children (especially the FAA, DoD, and FCC), and was one of the people that helped the former President write a budget that balanced the national debt. When I talked to the FAA HQ, that is what I was told, and I verified it through my dad. MMAC pays for trainees while they are in OKC- that's it. The facility pays for the OTJ training. If the facility doesn't have the funds/budget to cover any more new hires, then no one goes to OKC until there's the money to do so. As for the facilities not knowing if they are going to get a new hire- wouldn't surprise me... but HR is actually the ones who authorize a new hire to go to OKC, not the facility. The facility selects people in which they have an interest in and wish to hire... the referral lists... after that, it's passed onto HR to do the rest. HR knows what each facility has budgeted towards new hires & training. If there's room in the training budget at a facility to send an applicant to OKC, then they do so, otherwise what is now occurring will happen-- they put a "freeze" on new hires until the next fiscal year when the new budget has the money to cover a new hire at their assigned facility. Simple concept, not hard. I don't know where the money comes from, who writes the checks- I just know how it's set up and how they determine who/if they can send someone to OKC and to their assigned facility.

Now... time for me to get back to watching Dr. Phil :D

Back