HOT!!!

I attended the Memphis PEPC on Tuesday July 22nd for enroute applicants and was told to expect our class date in January 2009. I guess they must be holding out. We were told we were the first class of FY09 and our class dates could move up to as early as October, but they seemed to think January was more realistic. Needless to say I was disappointed. I was hoping for August 19th and expecting October. Now I guess I will be waiting a few months assuming I get an FOL.

I attended the Memphis PEPC on Tuesday July 22nd for enroute applicants and was told to expect our class date in January 2009. I guess they must be holding out. We were told we were the first class of FY09 and our class dates could move up to as early as October, but they seemed to think January was more realistic. Needless to say I was disappointed. I was hoping for August 19th and expecting October. Now I guess I will be waiting a few months assuming I get an FOL.

Sorry dude, I hate that for you. It will come before you know it. There is a potential backlog of applicants waiting to fill classes from the past three or four PEPC's believe it or not.

OK...I just got my welcome packet today via fedex with all my class info.
called HR to confirm and I'm all set, so people please stop posting negatively connotated rhetoric.

If something needs to be addressed do not make a blanket statement that is assumed to effect all applicants.

cool?

called HR to confirm and I'm all set, so people please stop posting negatively connotated rhetoric.

If something needs to be addressed do not make a blanket statement that is assumed to effect all applicants.

cool?

Then read some of the other threads.

cool?

I'm assuming that you went to a PEPC in June? Are you Terminal/TRACON or En Route?

cool?

No need to flame people for putting out information--thats what this forum is for. A lot of other people have confirmed what has been presented in this thread.

Congratulations though :rawk: Be glad you weren't affected.

cool?

Well aren't you the lucky one. There are people that this will not affect and you are obviously one of them. So the gloating is not appreciated. There are many of us that this does affect and we are not that thrilled about having to tack on anther 2 to 3 months of waiting. Especially since we have been in this process since summer 2007. We are, however, doing it. We are entitled to express our frustrations in a forum setting where others are in the same situations. I for 1, am greatly appreciative of the news because it does affect me. You are supposed to take it with a grain of salt here but if there are a few people that can get information and pass it along to those of us that can't get through and were supposed to start the Academy nexy Monday. It also lessens the number of phone calls to the Academy because we are sharing information and people like you can get you packet to start the Academy as soon as possible.

So good for you. Now go to the academy and make us all proud!

If the FAA wants to reduce the calls, they should keep their applicants a little more up-to-date.
It is no surprise that we have to resort to gossip, especially for those that have alleged start dates of next week.

When the FAA keeps applicants in the dark, then they should expect and deserve to get pestered... quitting your job and moving out to OKC in less than one week is no laughing matter.

If the FAA wants to reduce the calls, they should keep their applicants a little more up-to-date.
It is no surprise that we have to resort to gossip, especially for those that have alleged start dates of next week.

When the FAA keeps applicants in the dark, then they should expect and deserve to get pestered... quitting your job and moving out to OKC in less than one week is no laughing matter.

I completely agree with you but I do not think that we need to get all uptight with people here who are just passing along information. I know so much more about what is going on because of this site and I don't believe there are "blanket" posts as were stated before. I think we all have good information and are wise for sharing it rather than keeping it to ourselves and have to go through this process blind. I wish that information was passed form the Academy in a better fashion but the fact remains that it's not going to happen today so helping each other out here is the best we have got for the moment.

Isn't that what the FOL is for. It was all in writing on the TOL I thought, right?

Isn't that what the FOL is for. It was all in writing on the TOL I thought, right?

Well, Lalexf apparently got a TOL, but is STILL waiting on an FOL.

I got a TOL, and then they just write in pen your tentative start date. So the OKC date is hardly set in stone.

The concern is that you'll get within a week of your OKC date, and still not hear anything. If the FAA is going to push back OKC dates, then they should notify those with a TOL as soon as possible.

THey give you the TOL and on the TOL there is a persons name for which you may contact for updates. When you do this and they tell you you are on track for a specific date then you start to plan for that date. Even without the FOL.

At the PEPC, they tell you to set up housing and when you call to do that and find that all the housing is full you make arrangements for other short term housing that requires deposits and such. All to find out that if the FAA had not put a hold on the classes then the FOL would be here and I would be going to the academy next week. They did not tell you when they handed you the TOL and you signed for your dates, however tentative they may be, that the FAA was going to even potentially put this hold on the classes. They didn't know it was going to happen and neither did we. It is not HRs fault nor is it ours. We are just having to deal with what is presented to us and make the best out of the entire situation. It's character building. We have a lot of character at this point. :)

I got a TOL, and then they just write in pen your tentative start date. So the OKC date is hardly set in stone.

The concern is that you'll get within a week of your OKC date, and still not hear anything. If the FAA is going to push back OKC dates, then they should notify those with a TOL as soon as possible.

Exactly pm577!!!!!

I think even bigger than that is that some of us were verbally told to expect the FOL 2 weeks ago from our contacts and when we did not and then found out from here that this hold thing was happening is when we all got a little frustrated. They found out about this hold last week at the Academy. THat is what I was told yesterday. It is what it is and I am not stressing at all. Just sittin here in Texas with my feet up waiting for the FOL. I just don't like it when people start attacking others for passing along information. I feel like we are all in this together and we should help each other out. That sometimes gets missconstrued with all the Type A personalities on here.

That is when you have to take charge and pester them. We were all given a POC. I used mine to a great degree, and got results. I had an inkling that my date was bogus, so I started calling about three weeks after the PEPC. That is when I discovered the delay and hold on FOL's. The HR individual that assigned me my class date even told me to call if I hadn't heard anything by three weeks. I did and after what seems like one thousand calls and a handful of emails I finally made some progress.

cool?

BTW, I noticed in another thread that you are en-route and if you had been reading this thread and others like it you would have noticed that this hold is mostly for Terminal/Tracon people. Since the en-route facilities are considered critically manned of course you would not be affected. Please pay attention before jumping down everyone's throat at one time.

Now I am done and putting this issue to rest. I have said my peace and I will continue on in a positive manner. Thank you all for your input. I appreciate you making this wait go by quicker and not so lonely. :cool: Thanks Yo!!!

Can't we all just be friends ? :D

Look at it this way: We've all made it this far for a reason, it's for the most part out of our control when we go, but we WILL go to OKC and this process will FINALLY be over. Don't forget, we might be handing planes off to each other someday in the near future :rawk:

Look at it this way: We've all made it this far for a reason, it's for the most part out of our control when we go, but we WILL go to OKC and this process will FINALLY be over.
dont forget you have to check out at your facility as well....this is really when they separate the wheat from the chaff

This is true, but at that point its all on you.

I just think at this point in the process, we should all be happy for how far we've made it, and just sit back and enjoy it. After all, we did apply for a government job isn't their slogan 'hurry and wait' ? :drool:

Can't we all just be friends ? :D

Look at it this way: We've all made it this far for a reason, it's for the most part out of our control when we go, but we WILL go to OKC and this process will FINALLY be over. Don't forget, we might be handing planes off to each other someday in the near future :rawk:

:yeahthat: True Dat!!!

Back