HOT!!!

yeah, and any of us that have had to deal with the government before know that "in writting" is the all powerful phrase.

from my experience if you ask any person to put it in writting for you, they will either do one of two things. 1: "uhmm let me double check that for you", or 2: "uhmm, I am going to forward you to my boss, he/she knows more about the process....." :D

Almost as powerful as: "This is Airmen Snuffy on a recorded line, how may I help you"

Almost as powerful as: "This is Airmen Snuffy on a recorded line, how may I help you"
:yeahthat:that is an ole classic too.....

Them: "I did not say that"...
Me: "you sure, I can go back and pull the tapes if you want."
Them: "Uhhhhhhhm, let me call you back"

:yeahthat:that is an ole classic too.....

Them: "I did not say that"...
Me: "you sure, I can go back and pull the tapes if you want."
Them: "Uhhhhhhhm, let me call you back"

This is better, I got a page at home at 2000 that a receiver was asking for a lager off-load on a TACC mission and the Pro-Sup wouldn't increase the F/L on the aircraft.

CP Controller: Sir sorry for paging you but (gave me the background information)
ME: Can you patch me through to the Pro-Super then
Pro-Sup: Sorry sir we will not be able to pump up the jet
ME: SMSgt Snuffy are you telling me that you cannot add another 15K to a HHQ 1B1 mission that has a T/O in 10 hours
Pro-Sup: Yes sir, we don't have the manpower
ME: SMSgt Snuffy are you telling me on a RECORDED LINE that you cannot add another 15K to a HHQ 1B1 mission that has a T/O in 10 hours
Pro-Sup: uh hold on
Pro-Sup 1 minute later: We can do it sir

This is better, I got a page at home at 2000 that a receiver was asking for a lager off-load on a TACC mission and the Pro-Sup wouldn't increase the F/L on the aircraft.

CP Controller: Sir sorry for paging you but (gave me the background information)
ME: Can you patch me through to the Pro-Super then
Pro-Sup: Sorry sir we will not be able to pump up the jet
ME: SMSgt Snuffy are you telling me that you cannot add another 15K to a HHQ 1B1 mission that has a T/O in 10 hours
Pro-Sup: Yes sir, we don't have the manpower
ME: SMSgt Snuffy are you telling me on a RECORDED LINE that you cannot add another 15K to a HHQ 1B1 mission that has a T/O in 10 hours
Pro-Sup: uh hold on
Pro-Sup 1 minute later: We can do it sir

:yup: yeah, I have been there! At least you weren't requesting a defuel....

Me: "a 15k defuel?, how about you come down here and suck it out of the tanks yourself!, and yes I realize it is a recorded line, you want me to repeat that just in case the tapes didn't get it"

or

Me: "no, we are not defueling 15k, you can sit on the end of runways and burn it off"

How are you people even getting in touch with your HR people. I've called David Traynor, Rene Dosela, and Amy Tracy multiple times last week and they never pick up their phones or return messages/emails...wtf?
they all work in the building next to the one i work at. theres no calling, no email...just walk over there anytime i have a question or need to give them anything

Will Farrell as Harry Carey: I like to think that they exist in another dimension where they can eat all the free hotdogs they want.

I mean, if I were a hot dog, I'd eat myself. I'd finish myself off with a nice cold beer. Hey Norm, do you think the moon is made of spare ribs? Cubs win! Cubs win!!!

Will Farrell as Harry Carey: I like to think that they exist in another dimension where they can eat all the free hotdogs they want.

I mean, if I were a hot dog, I'd eat myself. I'd finish myself off with a nice cold beer. Hey Norm, do you think the moon is made of spare ribs? Cubs win! Cubs win!!!

LOL!! :laff::laff:

Will Farrell was great as Harry Carey.

Just a little comic relief for what is turning out to be a shaky week.

I'm not ready to concede that I might have to apologize to my boss and beg to stay employed for a few more months.

The word I got from HR today was that this "freeze" was only in regards to Terminal/TRACON applicants. Those of us that are En Route are not affected by it... and on a positive side, I was told also that the classes in OKC are determined by the facility you are going to... for instance, if ZBW was budgted to take 75 new hires this year, and as of the NYC PEPC, they had already hired and were training 74, then only one person, the most qualified, would get to go to OKC this fiscal year, and then they are at the max number of people they can take on for the year. Everyone else will then have to wait until Oct 1 before you can plan on OKC. BUT, say that ZFW was allotted to take 100 and as of the NYC PEPC they had only hired 70, then that means there are still 30 spots open for this fiscal year for that facility, and so that means that they will pick people to go to OKC this year, and everyone else will be after Oct 1.

Just because there's the "budget crisis" right now, doesn't mean the whole budget has been used... remember, most companies (government included) have budgets by FACILITY or LOCATION, on top of being an intenty in itself, and there are some En Route facilities that still have room in their budget for new hires. So, there is still a shot for those of us who are En Route to get to OKC before Sept 30.... only bad thing is I wasn't able to get out of her what ARTCC's were still taking new hires for this current fiscal year :banghead:

ZFW was allotted to take 100 and as of the NYC PEPC they had only hired 70, then that means there are still 30 spots open for this fiscal year for that facility, and so that means that they will pick people to go to OKC this year, and everyone else will be after Oct 1.

"... Yes, I understand that... BUT, kindaradley said that you guys told him that those of use selected for ZFW we would start before October."

Just playin' with ya man... I am so bored today... can you tell!? :p

I emailed Rene Dosela right after reading this. From what I understand, as had been said before, certain facilities are rated high-priority. It seems mine (LA ARTCC in Palmdale) is one of those, and I may be pushed into the Aug 19 en route class if my clearances go through in time. I'm not even sure I want to go that early, I told my supervisors it'd be October at the earliest...such is life.

I have posted on here several times about how my class date was pushed back. Tentatively July 28th, but after speaking to the HR guy about a month ago, he told me I wouldn't start until October sometime. To make a long story short, after speaking with two other HR reps, I was able to finagle my way into an Aug 11 class and get my FOL in about 24 hours. So, there you go it can be done people. Don't believe everything you read on here (you don't even have to believe this), but take it all with a grain of salt (the sea kind).

im so glad i already have a badge to get onto the MMAC facility....its taken a lot of hassle out of things....i can imagine how frustrating it must be to try to get a hold of the HR people in okc

Back