HOT!!!

Email I received from Amy

At this time filling academy classes has been put on hold for critical facilities only. You do not have a class date or Firm Offer Letter at this time. Unfortanutely, we may not be able to get you in until the end of the fiscal year, which would be October.
:mad::banghead::mad:

She told me that only folks going to facilities in dire need are going to OKC until the end of FY08. Everyone else is on hold until FY09. Also, I don't think that she is his replacement. He is getting ready for the next PEPC. I wouldn't post their names on this board either as I'm sure they don't want every Tom, Dick and Jane on here to find their numbers and call them 8,000 times a day.

First of all thank you for the heads up. I just called and talked to someone in HR and they said the same thing about the FY and facilities in dire need. I told him I was to be starting on Monday and he said he would follow up and someone would get back to me before the end of the day. Before I told him that David Traynor said I would be in the 28th class he said they would get beck to me by the end of the week. Oh my what a mess. I hope it works out.

I just contacted my HR rep, Charlene Sade, and she said this is true my September 25th class as of right now and the ones before then, will not be happening.

Not too mention I am a 2007 applicant who will now more than likely be grouped with people who applied in the last couple months. Will there be any preferences for who goes to class first once they commence since there will be tons of people with TOL's by then?

This is the same thing people at the NY PEPC for ARTCC were told. I don't think its on hold in the sense that their 'reevaluating" people and you might be dropped. I think it has more do do with funding and simply waiting for the new fiscal 09 year. Atleast thats what I was told at NY PEPC. They said they understood we have been waiting a long time for this and have spent alot of money to get there so they know whats at stake for us, but that for budget reasons they need us to wait til October. Looks like thats now being applied to everyone, not just the ARTCC people.

What are we suppose to say when we call our HR rep?

"I heard on a message board that FOL's aren't suppose to be coming out now until after Sept 30 and that I wanted to know if it was true?" I don't think that I would sound very professional, and it would make all of us sound desperate & needy.

I would think that they would at least somehow notify us if this were real rather than make all of us who have already gone through the PEPC and have TOL's wait around for oblivion.

"What the FAA givith... they takith away!"

I've been waiting around for oblivion with a TOL letter. I attended the LA PEPC (July 28 class date) and one day thought I would call to see if I could get an earlier class, but the HR guy told me all classes had been filled for the fiscal year and that I would have to wait until FY09 to start. Supposedly the academy was supposed to release the FY09 class schedule last week but I haven't heard anything yet. So I called this morning to see what the status of my class date is and was told by another HR individual that only folks going to facilities the most in need of trainees will fill the rest of FY08 slots. Honestly I think they are so ridiculously busy in OKC right now and the bureaucratic way things work, that they don't even know what is going to happen in 2-3 months.

I just contacted my HR rep, Charlene Sade, and she said this is true my September 25th class as of right now and the ones before then, will not be happening.

You know, I debated on posting the news but my life has been predicated on my OKC training. Gave my two-week notice, packing, etc. I thought you bloggers should be aware things are changing quickly and you may have to change your plans. It sucks and it hurts. Most of us are all in the same boat. I hope we can move forward and pick up our lives by getting new jobs to tide us over and pay our student loans, etc. Fortunately I don't have a house payment nor children so this is hard for many of you with families.

Good luck. Maybe we will eventually get together in OKC. We deserve one BIG party when it happens.

Thanks badbudda for this info... I was hoping to start the academy after the start of the new FY anyways, it's all good

This is NOT new news folks. There are more than a few posts strung throughout here where some people were told not to expect OKC until later this year because of the flood of trainees and/or budget issues.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-tr...ial-waiting-for-fol-from-nyc-pepc-thread.html

Read post #24.

Looks like some more waiting, but it doesn't look like the entire process is coming to a halt.

One word for people who quit their jobs, UNEMPLOYMENT.

You're generally not eligible for unemployment if you quit your current job, unless it is part of a voluntary downsizing (ie., you accept a buyout to leave early).

Does anyone know if they will continue with PEPC's. . . There are a lot of us in PUBNAT2 that are waiting to do our geo pref then the PEPC. I am curious what affect this will have on us. . .

Does anyone know if they will continue with PEPC's. . . There are a lot of us in PUBNAT2 that are waiting to do our geo pref then the PEPC. I am curious what affect this will have on us. . .

I think the OP read too much into what he/she was told on the phone. Some of the other communications from folks in the past hour or so suggest that its just the academy classes that are on hold until the end of the fiscal year. Since there is very little chance that those of us in the 5/2 crowd would even get a PEPC until September/October at the soonest and an OKC date in Dec/Jan, I don't think we have anything to worry about. We'll see though.

First of all thank you for the heads up. I just called and talked to someone in HR and they said the same thing about the FY and facilities in dire need. I told him I was to be starting on Monday and he said he would follow up and someone would get back to me before the end of the day. Before I told him that David Traynor said I would be in the 28th class he said they would get beck to me by the end of the week. Oh my what a mess. I hope it works out.

You're quite welcome.

Just a thought but I wonder if any of us will receive an e-mail or call asking if we are interested in going to New York, ORD or Miami. Aren't these the critically manned facilities?

This is normal gov't stuff...as it gets closer to the end of the fiscal year all areas that cost money close up and they just wait till October. I would ASSUME that if you already have your TOL and Clearances that there would be no reason for them to turn around and drop you. I am in the same boat and was told by my HR rep that he had filled his quota for the year for my job position and I would probably have to wait till October when he gets a new quota to hit.

I then asked him if I needed to worry about whether or not I had the job mainly due to my being almost 31. In his words "No, once you have your TOL and clearances in your "in", when he gets a class date for me then I get my FOL. Anyways, this is all normal gov't stuff so don't sweat it...lol unless you quit your job. I have been doing temp work since October because I moved cities and did not know how long I could commit to a new employer. I have enjoyed it so maybe you could look into that as an option.

Oh man... my last day at my current job is this Thursday. Does anyone know the status on the August 19th En Route class? I had received my FOL by email just two days ago for the Aug. 19th En Route class. I guess I will have to call HR and make sure I am not jumping the gun on resigning from my current employer.

Oh man... my last day at my current job is this Thursday. Does anyone know the status on the August 19th En Route class? I had received my FOL by email just two days ago for the Aug. 19th En Route class. I guess I will have to call HR and make sure I am not jumping the gun on resigning from my current employer.

FOL means you are gold. Don't get too caught up by a paranoid post. I was told that once you have a FOL in hand, you can resign from your current job.

Back